• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Still poking people about UGC... Deadline for team signups is coming up soon.

Want to play for the GAF team in the fall season of UGC Highlander? More importantly, want to get snazzy medals for doing so?! Post in here, send me a PM, or message me on Steam and mention what class(es) you'd be willing to play. We're still short on a full roster... More backups are always welcome as well, but ideally we should have a main 9 first. :S Would love more backups!

We'll be playing in a NA division, but it doesn't matter where you're located (eg, Euros can join if they don't mind playing with high ping) - so long as you can show up for matches Monday at 9:30 PM EST you're golden.

http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

Mains (9/9)
  • Blizzard (Heavy, Medic, Engineer)
  • Capndrake (Sniper)
  • ExMachina (Soldier, Demoman, Medic)
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90 (Pyro, Soldier, Spy, Demoman)
  • NSQuote (Soldier)
  • Rickenslacker (Soldier, other classes)
  • Snacks the sober sea lion (Scout)
  • SteveWinwood (Scout, Pyro)
Backups
  • DJ Crimson (Scout)
  • Professor Beef (Medic)

EDIT:

'Ere's a potential lineup + backups -

Scout - Snacks (DJ Crimson)
Soldier - NSQuote
Pyro - SteveWinwood
Demoman - NihonTiger
Heavy - Blizzard
Engineer - Rickenslacker
Medic - ExMachina (Professor Beef)
Sniper - Capndrake
Spy - Matt

I'll play if you need me, I had fun last time, but pretty sure I was taking it much less seriously than some others.

I really only play scout and pyro. DJ and snacks are much better than I in the scoots department and there are better pyros as well. So if you want me you can have me but don't worry about going out if your way to include me lol.

Also if you want me you can have me is a great pickup line. Im gonna use it. Just be super straightforward.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I play scoot for highlander.

Of course, just needed to have it in writing. :p

I'll play if you need me, I had fun last time, but pretty sure I was taking it much less seriously than some others.

I really only play scout and pyro. DJ and snacks are much better than I in the scoots department and there are better pyros as well. So if you want me you can have me but don't worry about going out if your way to include me lol.

Also if you want me you can have me is a great pickup line. Im gonna use it. Just be super straightforward.
We could definitely use you, thanks for finally filling out our roster to 9. :D

And I don't think you have to worry about taking things seriously at all... Most people seem to be in it for the medals, heh.

I edited my list and added a potential roster for our team (the Janky Bunch?). Slotted in people who only had 1 choice first, then went down and filled in the rest with whoever was willing... Rickenslacker, I hope you don't mind engineering for us. :S

My post was a quote from reddit, soldier's my top 2 fav class
Ohhhh, you got me.

I edited my list and added a potential roster for our team (the Janky Bunch?). Slotted in people who only had 1 choice first, then went down and filled in the rest with whoever was willing... Rickenslacker, I hope you don't mind engineering for us. :S
I'm okay with filling any spots that need filling, though I've barely touched the class. I was hoping for a role on the front lines, but I guess that's what Gunslinger's for, haha. Be gentle if I'm a tard with TP and dispenser placements.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
UGC people!

Here's the team page, where you can join: http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5435
Add/message me on Steam and I'll send you the password to join the team.

Download Mumble if you don't already have it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
We'll be using this VOIP program (and the already existing GAF Mumble server) for comms during matches and scrims.

What division should we play in?
New teams typically join Iron or one of the Steel divisions. According to the UGC site...

Steel: The third highest skill level in UGC highlander. Several of the teams in this division have at least one year experience in UGC highlander but there are also new teams who desire stronger competition than Iron. Several of the players have past competitive TF2 experience whereas most of the players have pub/tf2lobby/pug experience. Returning teams should be considered mid/low steel from season 6. Invite limit of 3.

Iron: The fourth highest skill level in UGC highlander. This division contains a mix of teams with various experience levels in TF2. Teams in this division look for fun and the least amount of competition out of all our divisions. Returning teams should be mostly from low steel previous seasons. Invite limit of 3.​

The GAF team from the summer season did pretty well in the Red Steel division.

Thoughts on team name/tag?
As of now, because I am lazy.... name: The Janky Bunch, tag: GAF

I'm okay with filling any spots that need filling, though I've barely touched the class. I was hoping for a role on the front lines, but I guess that's what Gunslinger's for, haha. Be gentle if I'm a tard with TP and dispenser placements.
Ah, ok! I felt kinda bad slotting you into Engy because no one else called it except for Blizzard... perhaps you'd prefer swapping with him and being the front line as Heavy? :p

The class roster I put up is just a cursory pass, so we can figure it out once everyone is signed up and they're subject to change week to week anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
I certainly don't mind playing engineer, I'm just not a good one and don't know the most awesome mini-sentry spots. But if we're not super competitive than that may not be an issue.

Yeef

Believe it or not. I don't really care for the medals. I just enjoy playing with the people on the server. Disappointed that the GAF Highlanders were delayed indefinitely. :(
Eventually, I'll figure out the OpenID issue and it'll be back on, probably won't be until the new year though. My plate's pretty full.

Have been out all afternoon, so just checking in to this thread.

Demo is alright. MvM is helping me get better at the class but my strongest class is Pyro, by far. I can go Demo if absolutely no one else is able to, though.

Would be nice to end up in Iron so I can have a matching medal to my UGC Season 3 Highlander Iron Champions one :)

thefro

I guess I could do Engineer/Medic if you guys need it (at least as a backup)

Although I really don't want the headache of worrying about the strategy for the whole team.

So just found out that I'll be switching hours at work as soon as they find someone to fill my job, which in theory will open up my evenings and is a good, good thing. I work evenings at the moment and this would shift my hours ahead in the day.

I'll be able to play but until I switch jobs here at work, I'll probably be showing up 5-10 min before match times. I'll leave my PC running so I'll just have to wake it up and join you guys, though :)

I don't see why the name can't just be GAF. It makes sense and nobody has to ask who Kirsten/ Kuro is.

We should also play in steel. Since the last team somehow managed 5 wins, I figure we might as well actually learn something rather than trying to play it safe and doing iron.

Yeef

Kuroorkirsten, the fabled three-footed Jackalope. They say it can be found in the forests of Qubec, and that on moonless night's it be heard swearing loudly and immediately apologizing for it.

Javaman

Yes.

That's general gaming slang though. It's been around since the 70's!

Mqrxl.png

CRITICAL HIT

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see why the name can't just be GAF. It makes sense and nobody has to ask who Kirsten/ Kuro is.

We should also play in steel. Since the last team somehow managed 5 wins, I figure we might as well actually learn something rather than trying to play it safe and doing iron.

That's the whole point.

"Who the heck is....kuro???? super rage friends?"

Sianos

We need the KSRF namesake!

"GAF" is just too pedestrian and original. "Kuro Super Rage Friends" is original and a catchy name that sticks with people. Plus, we've already played under the name last season.

I say we play in Steel, we did excellent last season, especially since we didn't know most of the maps and had no real prior comp experience.

"GAF" is just too pedestrian and original. "Kuro Super Rage Friends" is original and a catchy name that sticks with people. Plus, we've already played under the name last season.

I say we play in Steel, we did excellent last season, especially since we didn't know most of the maps and had no real prior comp experience.

[KSRF] The Janky Bunch?

Blizzard

Banned

I say we DON'T play in Steel since the whole point is not to be so competitive this time, after many friendships were destroyed and everyone got heartburn. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

pfft. I just tried to make it sound as awkward and nonsensical as possible.

Now KKK...hmm....

AcciDante

Yeah, the Kuro name is needed. It's like a legend of TF2 gaf. The kuro of legend has been lost and all we have is this dude named Kuro now. He doesn't even talk.

Kuro Rage Super Friends lives on? I don't think I can play this season, so one of you needs to carry the intentionally mis-typed acronym to add to the confusion of the entire thing.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
UGC Stuff Continued! - Still have more slots for players, since the max team size is 18.

Log into the UGC site and join the team: http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5435
Add/message me on Steam and I'll send you the password to do so. You can't be on another team's roster when you join, so previous members of KSRF will have to leave it to join the new team.

People in bold have already signed up, the rest of you need to get on it! :p

- 15/18 players -

Mains
  • Blizzard (Heavy, Medic, Engineer)
  • Capndrake (Sniper)
  • ExMachina (Soldier, Demoman, Medic)
  • MatthewB92 (Pyro, Spy)
  • NihonTiger90 (Pyro, Soldier, Spy, Demoman)
  • NSQuote (Soldier)
  • Rickenslacker (Soldier, other classes)
  • Snacks the sober sea lion (Scout)
  • SteveWinwood (Scout, Pyro)
Backups
  • DJ Crimson (Scout)
  • Dr. Pangloss (Engineer)
  • Javaman (Engineer, Medic)
  • Professor Beef (Medic)
  • thefro (Engineer, Medic)
  • Soka (Pyro, Heavy, Sniper)

Download Mumble if you don't already have it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
We'll be using this VOIP program (and the already existing GAF Mumble server) for comms during matches and scrims.

What division should we play in?
New teams typically join Iron or one of the Steel divisions. Input so far...

Iron - 3 (Blizzard, NihonTiger, Capndrake)
Steel - 5 (NSQuote, Snacks, Soka, Rickenslacker, Java)
any - 3 (DJ Crimson, Pangloss, Matt)
lol? - SteveWinwood

Thoughts on team name/tag?
Right now - name: The Janky Bunch, tag: GAF
Some people think we should continue the Kuro/Kirsten Super Rage Friends.

I always think this when I see the KSRF tag. *shrug*

ifi4argUH6p1P.gif

The Heinsight video for pl_upward (this Monday's map) is out. Watch it: http://youtu.be/mN-bL63RMuE
If you have the time. It is absurdly long... but there's some cool stuff in there.

Need color then all is good.

Actually, in addition to color, I think you need 2 or 4 shadowy figures on both sides. Not sure how that would look but it wouldn't be Super Rage Friends without it.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting crashes lately. This game is crashing more often than Amanda Bynes. It's starting to get annoying as shit.

UGC Stuff Continued!
ifi4argUH6p1P.gif

After looking at my schedule, I would like to join up as a backup, if you guys want me. Preferred class would be Pyro followed by Heavy followed by Sniper.

If I get a vote, I vote we keep the KSRF name. Also, I'd vote for Steel, but since I'm a backup at best I'm not sure my vote should weigh in too heavily!

Sianos

Iron will be much too easy for us, go Steel. We did great last season on unfamiliar maps, I say stick with going against teams that will be our equal rather than stomping Iron. There is no honor in a hollow victory.

KSRF just has more personality to it, and we have a logo and everything!

Top Bottom