• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

I actually saw the cart flip tonight during hightower. It's the first time I've ever seen the cart flip in game. It was glorious.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I always think this when I see the KSRF tag. *shrug*

ifi4argUH6p1P.gif

The Heinsight video for pl_upward (this Monday's map) is out. Watch it: http://youtu.be/mN-bL63RMuE
If you have the time. It is absurdly long... but there's some cool stuff in there.
lol what the heck?!

Keep the name and confuse more people. I had a few MSG me saying
'why is there a Kuro Super Rage friends team? And you're not on it?!'

Kirsten

lol what the heck?!

Keep the name and confuse more people. I had a few MSG me saying
'why is there a Kuro Super Rage friends team? And you're not on it?!'

Oh get over yourself Kuro. They changed it to Kirsten last season because I'm about 10x more awesome than you and never looked back...okay maybe for that logo thing but whatever....still doesn't count :)

Javaman

I'm going to cast my vote for steel. We probably won't ever win Iron since there's likely at least one pro team sandbagging in it to get an easy win. We may not do as well in steel, but it'll be nice to see how we stack up.

I'll definitely play much more defensive as medic if I get into a game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh get over yourself Kuro. They changed it to Kirsten last season because I'm about 10x more awesome than you and never looked back...okay maybe for that logo thing but whatever....still doesn't count :)
Did you say something? I couldn't hear you over the sound of dropped ubers.

moojito

I reinstalled this after about 6 months of not playing. Still as much fun as ever. After playing tribes, though, I keep trying to jump with my right mouse button :<

Collete

I need to stop unconsciously side stepping down into cliffs whenever I think I see a spy/get nervous.

And as usual TF2 gave me an engine error and giving me no hope of getting that replay opened ever again.

Blizzard

Banned
I reinstalled this after about 6 months of not playing. Still as much fun as ever. After playing tribes, though, I keep trying to jump with my right mouse button :<
When I used to play Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2, I'd then jump back into TF2 and constantly try to melee spies away from me with right click. :(

Bluth54

Also I enjoyed playing on upland last night, even if the game got confused and though it was a CTF map.

Upland seems like a fun map, but like Steel one you need to play a lot before you really get a good grasp of it, so that will never happen on the Jank server.

thefro

Um, so the UGC page is listing both a Steel Blue & Iron KSRF team... the Steel Blue team is our roster from the summer (minus Snacks and whoever else joined the other team and Dogwelder and some others who left). Somehow both teams have been set to "Ready".

I assume the other team will have a match scheduled shortly?

Sianos

The Steel Blue KSRF is from last year.

However, there might end up being a split Iron and Steel team this year. Snake is working on it so everyone can be happy playing at their preferred level of competitiveness.

thefro

The Steel Blue KSRF is from last year.

However, there might end up being a split Iron and Steel team this year. Snake is working on it so everyone can be happy playing at their preferred level of competitiveness.

That honestly would be the best solution but we'll probably need about 10 more people to make that work. And we need to get that straightened out ASAP. Rosters lock 24 hours before the match day and we can't move players around by the playoffs, so we'd have to have probably 24 people in total.

Pretty sure you're not allowed to play more than one match per week.

I'm willing to do Iron as a starter for Engineer/Medic if we do split teams.

Might be a good idea for someone to make a thread on the main forum to recruit some people?

If that's the case, then I think I'll have to switch to the other team. But people will need to show up for the games, and get a few more people, because that will mean the team here only has 3 extra players. There's only a couple hours left, so if somebody doesn't post a thread in the next hour it will be a problem.

thefro

I think I'll have to switch to the other team then. But people will need to show up for the games, and get a few more people, because that will mean the team here only has 3 extra players.

Snacks, from how I'm reading the rules, rosters don't lock until the playoffs, so we have time to fill up the rosters. Heck, we could forfeit in one of the divisions week 1 if we have to (although we are allowed to use ringers too if the other team okays it).

Also, in theory, anyone could join the team for a week if they want to play and then leave and open up a roster spot, all the way up until the playoffs. So it's open to anyone who would want to play as a one-off, essentially (as long as they join the team by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday).

I can play Steel if that's the consensus. I have no preference, so if we want to have one Steel team, we can do that.

I just want to play, dammit. :(

Oreoleo

People not showing up? I recall there being a lot of switching going on cause there were too many people.

It was basically two full teams that rotated each week, more or less.

Quote was a couple minutes late once or twice, but I don't think we had anyone just not show up. Fallengorn and whoever else gave a day or two notice if they wouldn't be able to make it.

thefro

Okay, so here's what needs to happen in the next 4 hours, otherwise we probably have to forfeit week 1, and we don't want to do that since it's a Payload map:

We are scheduled for a match in Steel Blue at Twisted Network, which will be 9:30 on Monday unless we hear otherwise. They are hosting so we don't have to bug Yeef for that.

Our Steel roster is Proven, wartime, Grimm, AcciDante, Kirsten, fallengorn, soka, sixghost & me, all leftover from the team in the Summer. I think out of that whole group only me & soka said we'd potentially play, although I think we could probably get a couple of those people since they know they don't have to commit for any more than the match on Monday. Also Proven is the only leader (who receives the comms saying where the match is going to be, etc) and he may be off either playing Guild Wars 2 for 16 hours or sleeping for 16 hours.

The Iron team seems to have most of our players at this point, but they don't have a match scheduled. Not sure if they'll get added to the schedule tomorrow or if we'll skip the first week entirely since that team got ready at a later date.

So we need to work out, 1) who wants to play Monday on pl_upward (probably at 9:30 EST), 2) have those people join the Steel team, and 3) have other people join the Iron team so that maintains a roster of 9 people.

A lower priority is we need a funny & confusing subtitle for each team to distinguish between KSRF Steel & KSRF Iron

AcciDante

Okay, so here's what needs to happen in the next 4 hours, otherwise we probably have to forfeit week 1, and we don't want to do that since it's a Payload map:

We are scheduled for a match in Steel Blue at Twisted Network, which will be 9:30 on Monday unless we hear otherwise. They are hosting so we don't have to bug Yeef for that.

Our Steel roster is Proven, wartime, Grimm, AcciDante, Kirsten, fallengorn, soka, sixghost & me, all leftover from the team in the Summer. I think out of that whole group only me & soka said we'd potentially play, although I think we could probably get a couple of those people since they know they don't have to commit for any more than the match on Monday. Also Proven is the only leader (who receives the comms saying where the match is going to be, etc) and he may be off either playing Guild Wars 2 for 16 hours or sleeping for 16 hours.

The Iron team seems to have most of our players at this point, but they don't have a match scheduled. Not sure if they'll get added to the schedule tomorrow or if we'll skip the first week entirely since that team got ready at a later date.

So we need to work out, 1) who wants to play Monday on pl_upward (probably at 9:30 EST), 2) have those people join the Steel team, and 3) have other people join the Iron team so that maintains a roster of 9 people.

A lower priority is we need a funny & confusing subtitle for each team to distinguish between KSRF Steel & KSRF Iron
I could put an extremely shakey 'maybe' for playing tomorrow if you absolutely need someone. I have a school meeting 1.5 hours after that, which should be plenty of time IF it starts on time. Which it won't.

Yeah sorry I can't. School is a big time crunch this semester.

Sianos

The Steel Blue KSRF you see is the old KSRF from last year. Snake put together the new KSRF, FOXHOUND, that will compete in Steel Red.
I had no input on the name :U

Sorry for the confusion, we've been working to get this together and can expand the roster next week.

Both the Iron and Steel teams have enough players for a round, but if you want to play I'd suggest Iron if you are newer to competitive TF2 and Steel Red if you have some more experience and can go up against stronger teams.

Good luck to both of us, and may we bring home shiny medals!

Edit: The lock was a glitch, so we have 30 minutes to add people. :O

thefro

Gotcha... okay let's abandon Steel Blue then.

ExMachina, I added you on steam, so msg the pwd so I can join the Iron team.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I had a pending transfer for Steel (Red) for the new team because most people seemed interested in playing in the higher division, but if Foxhound is going to be our Steel GAF team, then I can cancel that and keep us in Iron...

We couldn't muster any interest at all last month in playing this season and now we have enough players for 2 entire teams?! Where was everyone a couple weeks ago? :S

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I had a pending transfer for Steel (Red) for the new team because most people seemed interested in playing in the higher division, but if Foxhound is going to be our Steel GAF team, then I can cancel that and keep us in Iron...

We couldn't muster any interest at all last month in playing this season and now we have enough players for 2 entire teams?! Where was everyone a couple weeks ago? :S
I have no idea what's going on, so just PM me here or on Steam for what team to join if it's transferring or something. I don't know which team is the team you originally started -- that's the one I'd like to join, whichever steel or iron it ends up with.

We need a flowchart or something!

SolidSnake started inviting people to another team because he doesn't lurk the forums and didn't know there was one here. If you're already on the team put together in this thread, you don't need to do anything.

I'm too lazy to edit the replay of me gardening Zeke on Hightower, but it happened!

I also got two replays of you, one of me airshotting you and you cratering and the other of me shotgunning you out of the air, but alas, I am also to lazy to edit and render them.

If you can get past the wanting to violently stab the engineers who use them, they're almost cute.

DogWelder

I'm not sure why the KSRF team is active/ready and has a match scheduled. It doesn't even have enough players for a full roster. UGC really needs to default a team to unready between seasons so that it requires an action to get scheduled. Ah well, good luck to both teams. I think it's probably best one stays in Iron and the other in Steel. But I guess it's up to you guys. GLHF. Hope y'all will be rocking your shiny medals in December.

Oh, and to thefro, you gotta remove yourself from a team to be added to another team. Just FYI.

Sorry, as with Stevie up there, I'm confused. Someone tell me what to join/unjoin. I just watch to shoot people and stuff. I can play tomorrow night also; what's the time / server / omgwutisgoin'on!

Hopefully a few somewhere in between the introduction ones and the Advanced ones. It sometimes feels like you only seem to get a choice between ones that require a full team that's entirely on the ball, or ones that are kinda easy, all things considered.

I guess it doesn't help that the last time I tried, I was with a Medic who didn't have a Kritzkrieg and insisted on using the Quick Fix over the stock Medigun, despite my protests that the Quick Fix wasn't cutting it.

Actually, I might as well ask: I'm trying to complete one full campaign as every class for that one specific achievement. So far I've done Pyro, Soldier, Medic and Scout. I've been trying Heavy out, but I've yet to manage to win a whole campaign as him... any recommendations on loadout for him? I've got every minigun but the Huo-Long Heater. I've tried both the Tomislav and the Brass Beast, but neither have proven especially effective. I tend to use Sandvich as secondary and GRU as melee (although given I can just buy faster speed, either the KGB or Warrior's Spirit might be better?).

Yeef

Hopefully a few somewhere in between the introduction ones and the Advanced ones. It sometimes feels like you only seem to get a choice between ones that require a full team that's entirely on the ball, or ones that are kinda easy, all things considered.

Actually, I might as well ask: I'm trying to complete one full campaign as every class for that one specific achievement. So far I've done Pyro, Soldier, Medic and Scout. I've been trying Heavy out, but I've yet to manage to win a whole campaign as him... any recommendations on loadout for him? I've got every minigun but the Huo-Long Heater. I've tried both the Tomislav and the Brass Beast, but neither have proven especially effective. I tend to use Sandvich as secondary and GRU as melee (although given I can just buy faster speed, either the KGB or Warrior's Spirit might be better?).
Regular Minigun with increased ammo and firing rate should do you fine.

Honestly, for the most part, MvM is all about DPS. Anything that increases your DPS without sacrificing other things (like mobility) should work fine. I've gotten the All Class achievement and had no issue with any class. I'd say Heavy was probably the easiest class to play. With penetration you can mow down groups of robots pretty quickly.

Top Bottom