• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Hopefully a few somewhere in between the introduction ones and the Advanced ones. It sometimes feels like you only seem to get a choice between ones that require a full team that's entirely on the ball, or ones that are kinda easy, all things considered.

I guess it doesn't help that the last time I tried, I was with a Medic who didn't have a Kritzkrieg and insisted on using the Quick Fix over the stock Medigun, despite my protests that the Quick Fix wasn't cutting it.

Actually, I might as well ask: I'm trying to complete one full campaign as every class for that one specific achievement. So far I've done Pyro, Soldier, Medic and Scout. I've been trying Heavy out, but I've yet to manage to win a whole campaign as him... any recommendations on loadout for him? I've got every minigun but the Huo-Long Heater. I've tried both the Tomislav and the Brass Beast, but neither have proven especially effective. I tend to use Sandvich as secondary and GRU as melee (although given I can just buy faster speed, either the KGB or Warrior's Spirit might be better?).

Natascha with ammo upgrade helps. Slow down is nice.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Okay I feel really dumb asking this, but I can't find where to change my alt-fire button (ie, for airblasts). I configured it on a different computer forever ago to use MOUSE4, but the mouse I'm using today doesn't have a MOUSE4 so I can't airblast. I've stared at the key binding screen forever trying to figure out how to change that and can't find it. I've also got other things like cloaking bound to that key so I'm kind of boned?

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
Sounds like everything is going well.

The last minute nature of all this has affected the UGC scheduling. I spoke to "Loops :3" and "RedRum" the UGC admins and they told me that the scheduling for week 1 started last Wednesday/Thursday and because neither of the teams had 7 players they were not scheduled for a match. This won't affect the medals and playoff hopes as we just need to play 6 out of 8 to get medals and make the playoffs. Here is the convo:

SolidSnake: I just had a question regarding the UGC scheduling; i managed to get 7 players on my team on Saturday by about 3:00pm (we have 14 now) and i was just wondering how come we aren't scheduled for a match?
RedRum: you didn't have enough players when we made the schedule. that's why
RedRum: you will be added in this week
RedRum: what's your team name?
SolidSnake: Foxhound
SolidSnake: Steel Red
RedRum: this coming week = cp_foundry
RedRum: ok
SolidSnake: ahhh i see
RedRum: schedule for that will come out wednesday/early thursday
RedRum: this won't effect your medals
SolidSnake: is there any was to schdule match if there's another team that doesn
SolidSnake: t have someone to play as well
SolidSnake: ?
RedRum: you just need to play 6 out of 8 games to get a medal and make the playoffs
SolidSnake: ahhh okay
SolidSnake: so missing this week won't affect the playoffs?
SolidSnake: *our playoff chances?
RedRum: nope not at all
SolidSnake: ohh excellent

Lastly, since neither team is scheduled for a game perhaps we could get a scrim going? Next week's map is Foundry. Ps. DogWelder and Quote are the best <3

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Okay I feel really dumb asking this, but I can't find where to change my alt-fire button (ie, for airblasts). I configured it on a different computer forever ago to use MOUSE4, but the mouse I'm using today doesn't have a MOUSE4 so I can't airblast. I've stared at the key binding screen forever trying to figure out how to change that and can't find it. I've also got other things like cloaking bound to that key so I'm kind of boned?

<Steam Folder>\SteamApps\<account_name>\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\config.cfg

Should be in there somewhere.

Clydefrog

<Steam Folder>\SteamApps\<account_name>\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\config.cfg

Should be in there somewhere.

sG3gF.jpg

what is this?? an actual serious, helpful post from Borgnine?!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry guys, just got home... To try and address the confusion: There are 2 GAF teams signed up for the fall season of UGC, one in Iron (the Janky Bunch) and one in Steel Red (FOXHOUND). I'm organizing the Janky Bunch, SolidSnake is handling FOXHOUND. Both teams didn't ready up early enough to get scheduled for today's matchup on Upward, but we will be playing the rest of the season and getting medals (the deadline for signups is tomorrow, so there are plenty of teams missing out on the first 2 weeks). We'll both be playing our first games during Week 3 on Foundry - Monday, September 24.

The Janky Bunch (Iron) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5435
FOXHOUND (Steel Red) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5439

There's also the original KSRF from the summer season, which inexplicably is readied up and scheduled for a match today... even though no one's playing on it. Just ignore it. :p

Rosters are fluid up to 11:59 PM EST on Sunday for 24 hours before each match, so people can join throughout the season even after the new team deadline (tomorrow) has passed. So anyone interested in playing on our team still has the opportunity to do so... just contact me on Steam.

@Blizzard, Steve - You guys are good to go on the Iron team.

@Soka and Beef - Even if you just want to be backups, feel free to join the roster since we have so much extra room (max 18). It requires extra negotiation to bring in ringers, so it'd make life a lot easier when we need a sub if you're already part of the team.

Lastly, since neither team is scheduled for a game perhaps we could get a scrim going?
This is an awesome idea! I wouldn't mind just scrimming with ya'll every week, haha. What day should we play on?

Sorry guys, just got home... To try and address the confusion: There are 2 GAF teams signed up for the fall season of UGC, one in Iron (the Janky Bunch) and one in Steel Red (FOXHOUND). I'm organizing the Janky Bunch, SolidSnake is handling FOXHOUND. Both teams didn't ready up early enough to get scheduled for today's matchup on Upward, but we will be playing the rest of the season and getting medals (the deadline for signups is tomorrow, so there are plenty of teams missing out on the first 2 weeks). We'll both be playing our first games during Week 3 on Foundry - Monday, September 24.

The Janky Bunch (Iron) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5435
FOXHOUND (Steel Red) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5439

There's also the original KSRF from the summer season, which inexplicably is readied up and scheduled for a match today... even though no one's playing on it. Just ignore it. :p

Rosters are fluid up to 11:59 PM EST on Sunday for 24 hours before each match, so people can join throughout the season even after the new team deadline (tomorrow) has passed. So anyone interested in playing on our team still has the opportunity to do so... just contact me on Steam.

@Blizzard, Steve - You guys are good to go on the Iron team.

@Soka and Beef - Even if you just want to be backups, feel free to join the roster since we have so much extra room (max 18). It requires extra negotiation to bring in ringers, so it'd make life a lot easier when we need a sub if you're already part of the team.

This is an awesome idea! I wouldn't mind just scrimming with ya'll every week, haha. What day should we play on?

So, just to clarify, I should sign up for both teams? Or am I only allowed one (and, if so, which one should I join? I have no personal preference).

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So, just to clarify, I should sign up for both teams? Or am I only allowed one (and, if so, which one should I join? I have no personal preference).
You can't be signed up on two teams at the same time - can only be on one active roster. It's up to you... come join the Janky Bunch if you'd like to take it easy and play in Iron. :p

Alienups

If either of the teams still need a back-up hoovy sign me up. I can't promise to be available every week because of the time difference but if you can notify me a couple of hours upfront i can stay awake for it, no biggie. Borderlands 2 will probably cut into my sleep time anyway.

Thanks DW for making the announcement...and sorry for my drunken yelling at everyone about Crest Whitestrips (I'm pretty sure that actually happened and I didn't imagine it).

I may have heard a complete different conversation on Barnblitz too. It was interesting...

Sianos

I hope demo files record voice input (I assume they do).

Kirsten has a wild side under all that Canadian politeness. And it apparently has fresh teeth.

Kirsten

I hope demo files record voice input (I assume they do).

Kirsten has a wild side under all that Canadian politeness. And it apparently has fresh teeth.

I listened to the demo thing from last night...someone should have told me to shut up. I really blame all of you. After listening to it I've made the decision to retire my mic forever. (Also, thanks to everyone else for never mentioning I sound like a 5 year old child when I speak).

I listened to the demo thing from last night...someone should have told me to shut up. I really blame all of you. After listening to it I've made the decision to retire my mic forever. (Also, thanks to everyone else for never mentioning I sound like a 5 year old child when I speak).

You sound normal. And your ramblings can't match spaceb0y.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I said 12 year old... :(

Top Bottom