• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

True story if you open a box of wine... there's a bag inside it.

In college, we would take the bag out of the box, yell “Hot potato!” at someone and then throw it at them. It means they had to take a drink of it. Those bags are remarkably strong.

I once snuck in a bag of wine underneath my sweater at a USC football game.

We did the math in college and you get the most alcohol per dollar out of boxed wine. Didn't stop us from mixing everclear with everything anyways.

OK, red tape recorder is very over powered. I'm fine with the fast deconstruction speed, but the total elimination of a full dispenser is wrong. My dispenser gets down graded to a level two from full metal carrying level three and has to start all over in stacking up metal. That's just wrong.

We did the math in college and you get the most alcohol per dollar out of boxed wine. Didn't stop us from mixing everclear with everything anyways.

I don't know man, I can get a handle of Skol or McCormick vodka for some really insanely cheap prices, like $8-10 depending on sales/the store.

We literally walked around hyvee with scratch paper and used our phone calculators.

Can't argue with math bro.

Maybe if you times that by -1000 you'd be right.

No, seriously, I concede on all future math-related discussions with Steve because he busted the shit out of that guy in the "computers in television: lol" thread.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
Sorry guys, just got home... To try and address the confusion: There are 2 GAF teams signed up for the fall season of UGC, one in Iron (the Janky Bunch) and one in Steel Red (FOXHOUND). I'm organizing the Janky Bunch, SolidSnake is handling FOXHOUND. Both teams didn't ready up early enough to get scheduled for today's matchup on Upward, but we will be playing the rest of the season and getting medals (the deadline for signups is tomorrow, so there are plenty of teams missing out on the first 2 weeks). We'll both be playing our first games during Week 3 on Foundry - Monday, September 24.

The Janky Bunch (Iron) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5435
FOXHOUND (Steel Red) - http://www.ugcleague.com/team_page.cfm?clan_id=5439

There's also the original KSRF from the summer season, which inexplicably is readied up and scheduled for a match today... even though no one's playing on it. Just ignore it. :p

Rosters are fluid up to 11:59 PM EST on Sunday for 24 hours before each match, so people can join throughout the season even after the new team deadline (tomorrow) has passed. So anyone interested in playing on our team still has the opportunity to do so... just contact me on Steam.

@Blizzard, Steve - You guys are good to go on the Iron team.

@Soka and Beef - Even if you just want to be backups, feel free to join the roster since we have so much extra room (max 18). It requires extra negotiation to bring in ringers, so it'd make life a lot easier when we need a sub if you're already part of the team.

This is an awesome idea! I wouldn't mind just scrimming with ya'll every week, haha. What day should we play on?

Shall we get one going tomorrow? Say 8:15pm?

Sianos

Thought we all did great, but there was one person playing a special class that in the game of Team Fortress 2 is kind of important.

Our Medic was... not as fantastic as the one's we're used to

We did great, but this guy kept standing still in the Sniper lanes, not healing people dying so he can maintain someone's overheal, and I think getting lost at some points.

This post is in honor of you brave GAF Medics who know what you're doing.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Those bottom scorers talking shit, sounds like TF2 lobby.

Maybe if thundermountain is the first map played, but when it's the third or even second map played, I can't get through the whole thing anymore.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
All I want to do is play more Dustforce + Borderlands 2, oop. Bad timing for TF2/UGC...

Shall we get one going tomorrow? Say 8:15pm?

I'm down to play and try to wrangle people into the server at that time.

Janky Bunch got moved to Steel Red (whaa?)... has a bye this Monday.

Yeeeah that's a mistake. :S I'm talking to some of the UGC admins now... Hopefully with the bye that makes things easier to fix.

So when you use mumble, is there any visual way to see who is talking while you're playing a game?
  • enable overlay in Mumble
  • make sure you load Mumble before TF2
  • you may have to stick this in your launch options: -nod3d9ex

Griegite

still a junior
An ok round of Thunder Mountain even though blu team completely sputtered toward the last point of the final map. I'm surprised I was able to last both rounds. Should only be played once every few weeks heh.

This post is in honor of you brave GAF Medics who know what you're doing.

Not always sure what I'm doing but in any case, you're welcome!

Blizzard

Banned
I have a couple copies of Torchlight ORIGINAL... any regular want one? P.S. BRAD you're considered a regular now.
Speaking of which, I preordered Torchlight 2 like 4 months ago. If it has co-op are we going to organize co-op parties? Should we use the TF2 thread to do it, like the fine, outstanding citizens we are?

Brad02

Neo Member
I have a couple copies of Torchlight ORIGINAL... any regular want one? P.S. BRAD you're considered a regular now.

I really appreciate the offer but I'm not sure I could find time to play it right now. I need to play TF2 every free minute I have just so I don't embarrass myself anymore then I already have. : |

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Speaking of which, I preordered Torchlight 2 like 4 months ago. If it has co-op are we going to organize co-op parties? Should we use the TF2 thread to do it, like the fine, outstanding citizens we are?

I don't even remember if I preordered it. I blame Steam.

In either case I'd be down to coop.... unless we need tickets. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Actually now that everyone else is declining, I thought I'd add my own post to say no Kristin, I don't want your free game copies! Psh, free stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
So is there in fact an 8:15 p.m. game tonight I should be around for? Or is everyone going to be confused? I know quote can't be there until 9.

Top Bottom