• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

All these people playing Torchlight and Borderlands. Somebody invite me to Torchlight so I have a reason to spend $20. But also play TF2.

And we haven't even had our team assembled once. Which we should do before Sunday.

Thanks for dying to my attacks in the video game, Team Fortress 2, friend. It makes the game far more enjoyable for me!

Any place where I can crack jokes at other's expenses with little or no repercussions in real life is a win for me. I've woken up with far too many black eyes...

Yeef

i-pzDFbHs-X3.jpg

I thought I was the only one... *_*

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
How's the interface in Borderlands 2? It was so clunky in the first, it put me off on getting on board for the second.

Clydefrog

Thanks for the steam friend request, kirsten. I don't know how you found me though. Sorry you couldn't give away Torchlight to me :lol

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Fixed a client crash bug caused by overflow of the audio cache
Fixed a bug that allowed server browser network activity to continue after choosing a server

Team Fortress 2

Added new promo items
Unlocked the "What's in the Sandvich Box?"
Unlocked the "What's in the Companion Square Box?"
Fixed a server crash related to Demoman bot AI
Updated the Tin Pot to use the correct skin for each style
Fixed seeing the fire texture on Gold Botkiller items in DirectX 8
Updated the localization files

Updated Mann vs. Machine

Matchmaking search criteria supports selecting multiple missions
Mann Up servers will retry notification of mission victory to game coordinator, to ensure loot is eventually granted in the case of service disruption
Matchmaking will prevent late joining into the a server near the end of the last wave
Added a new currency UI element to indicate money that is active in the world
Added the tour number to the information on the scoreboard
Fixed the Medigun overheal duration attribute causing the overheal effect to decay faster, rather than slower
Added the ability to buy projectile penetration for the Crusader's Crossbow
Fixed a false positive for the achievement "Clockwork Carnage"
Added a new command "bot_hurt"
Parameters -name [bot name], -team [red/blue/all], -damage [amount]
Fixed the Demoman shields not saving their upgrades upon round reset

Updated koth_king

Reflections fixed for the floors and some glass windows
Modified model file for the sign 6 through 9 to avoid Red signs on Blu side of the map
Modified light pole to merge bulb and pole into a single model for perf
Fixed location where mini-sentries can shoot through a bush without being seen
Clipping pass
Added glass on footbridge roof and lights nearby
Prop reduction for perf
Some props changed to non-solid for player mobility
Adjusted health and ammo in various spots

Community requests:

Add a new server ConVar "tf_avoidteammates_pushaway" to control whether or not teammates push each other away when occupying the same space
Add a new server ConVar "tf_arena_override_team_size" to allow server owners to set the maximum team size in arena mode

kenta

Has no PEINS
I wish this game handled maps a bit better, meaning, I would like to be able to do a quickplay search based on the map rather than the game mode. I'd also like it if I could see which maps I've spent the most/least amount of time in, so I could get to know some other maps that I either forgot about or didn't know about. Maybe have the game suggest a map to play on if there's a server with a couple slots open that's playing a map I haven't tried yet. Feels like there are a bunch of maps that just don't see much action and there are a couple that I end up in almost all the time. And then I check the official list of maps and I feel like jeez, why haven't I played all these maps before

Blizzard

Banned
Er, has the Source startup splash screen been...different for some people?
In what way?

Also, I don't think I've ever played king kong koth king, even though I keep requesting it. I wonder if this update got rid of those sign collision boxes someone used for jumping on.

BlackJace

In what way?

Also, I don't think I've ever played king kong koth king, even though I keep requesting it. I wonder if this update got rid of those sign collision boxes someone used for jumping on.

I guess it's only for Portal 2 then. The black guy in the splash screen turns around halfway and sorta looks at you. Caught me off guard and kinda spooked me. Maybe its been in effect for P2 for a while, as I haven't played for a month or two. Keep in mind, only playing TF2 and CSS, I've been seeing the same static splash showing up.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess it's only for Portal 2 then. The black guy in the splash screen turns around halfway and sorta looks at you. Caught me off guard and kinda spooked me. Maybe its been in effect for P2 for a while, as I haven't played for a month or two. Keep in mind, only playing TF2 and CSS, I've been seeing the same static splash showing up.
Yep, Portal 2 (maybe DOTA 2 also) was the game where they added it, after the Valve guy had been the same for years. I thought it was great how it would creep people out because it was so familiar yet so unexpected.

Yeef

Add a new server ConVar "tf_avoidteammates_pushaway" to control whether or not teammates push each other away when occupying the same space
You should be able to set this to a negative, to increase the space that teammates are pushed away from.

I would set it to the maximum.

So the boxes were bonuses filled with ThreeA-specific goodies for TF2. And they sold out in minutes for SDCC. And I didn't get one.

Damn, oh well.

*walks away calmly*

*runs back into the room, flipping over tables and spewing curse words before I have to be restrained by everyone else*

Yeef

There was some engineer, lucas or something, every single map he'd just build immediately outside of the spawn door and never do much else. Tip: That doesn't help at all.

Bluth54

There was some engineer, lucas or something, every single map he'd just build immediately outside of the spawn door and never do much else. Tip: That doesn't help at all.

Whoa, let's be fair here Yeef. When he was defending on Gorge he was very slowly walking on the first control point until he got killed by the enemy team.

Yeef

Whoa, let's be fair here Yeef. When he was defending on Gorge he was very slowly walking on the first control point until he got killed by the enemy team.
:p

It was the worst on Foundry because right outside of the door doesn't protect anything from anyone. The only people that would go back there are spies (who wouldn't care) and crazy people (and I was already on his team).

BlackJace

I don't play or particularly like Foundry, but goddamn, the architecture of both the factories look gorgeous in 1080p.

Five year old game? Hard to believe.

Top Bottom