• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
A couple of times I've joined a friends game with my friends offline and under a pseudonym.
Killed them three times and then changed to my normal name for the domination.
Quelle surprise :D

Though it doesn't always work out as I either forget to change my avatar and get discovered or get destroyed and slink away quietly.

Or if it's Clivefrog then he'll be completely oblivious :|
This is funny and your new avatar is adorable.

Forkball

got a 430 mb update, I assume it is to fix Last Breath? No patch notes.

No one else got anything, maybe TF2 was downloading files. 430 MB is pretty huge, I think people would notice it.

9815313EF4AA22A33609D205732AD938651DC9E3

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Good games tonight!

2nd time I've played Quagmire... it's okay. I do want to try out more of the contest maps at some point.

So the first time I decided to stick two hats together into an unholy union I managed to get a pair of Deus Specs, pretty good. I tried again today, mixing a Buckaroo's Hat and a Manniversary Paper hat, I got a Teddy Roosebelt.

I like my luck so far.

Oreoleo

So the first time I decided to stick two hats together into an unholy union I managed to get a pair of Deus Specs, pretty good. I tried again today, mixing a Buckaroo's Hat and a Manniversary Paper hat, I got a Teddy Roosebelt.

I like my luck so far.

Quit while you're ahead.

I got a Team Captain from crafting hats together, but I think the second time I got a mining light.

Never again.

Crafting hats together is only fun when you have extra hats you don't want and wanna take a chance at something good.

Few days ago crafted a salty dog and a engie hat for the Nine Pipe Problem. Aw yeah.

Sianos

I crafted two random hats together to get a numbered Birdcage back when that just came out in the Crashiversary Update. Traded it for my #71 Hermes, which remains my favorite Scout hat.

The only time I crafted hats together was back when the camera beard was dropping like crazy. I kept like 5 of them and did some crafting when they finally became "hats". I don't recall what I got lol. But I feel that crafting 2 hats together these days is a waste :(

I also have shitty luck. IE: Crafting 3 refined into hats I already have.

DarkKyo

The only time I crafted hats together was back when the camera beard was dropping like crazy. I kept like 5 of them and did some crafting when they finally became "hats". I don't recall what I got lol. But I feel that crafting 2 hats together these days is a waste :(

I also have shitty luck. IE: Crafting 3 refined into hats I already have.

A lot of craft hats you can buy for a little over 1 refined, though. So it's cheaper to craft 2 hats together than 3 refined metal. I'm saving a bunch of junk hats to craft when the next big update hits.

I've been playing on Lion's Den, Crit Sandvich, and a Brony server; I don't really care for most bronies, but I love curb-stomping them... and, to be honest, their community isn't horrid. I don't know how that happened.

Proven

I've been playing on Lion's Den, Crit Sandvich, and a Brony server; I don't really care for most bronies, but I love curb-stomping them... and, to be honest, their community isn't horrid. I don't know how that happened.

It's the only plus side to have a community built off a show that values friendship.

As for waiting around for update type discussion, I'm curious about the new medigun that should be in the last rocket. Last night I watched some guy waxing positives about the Amputator taunt. Today I was wondering what a medigun that could automatically heal two or three people in front of you would be like. Let's say that everyone you click on got a heal beam that was only dismissed by them leaving your range, you clicking on them again, or you overriding them with someone new once you were already healing three people. You wouldn't have to hold down the mouse button to heal, and you could consistently heal people without having to face them. You could have little indicators in the upper left for the people you're healing, like the Engineer has for his buildings.

The Multi-Prong
+Heals up to three people at once
+Ubercharge builds faster per person, up to three times as fast
+Makes you invincible on uber, like the regular gun
+Will uber all three people you're chained to for the full 8 seconds unless you tag a new person.
-Doesn't overheal
-Builds 66% slower

The last negative is so that if you're consistently healing three people, you get an uber after 40 seconds. If you're not then it can be potentially be slower than the regular medigun, so you should just switch.

sixghost

It's the only plus side to have a community built off a show that values friendship.

As for waiting around for update type discussion, I'm curious about the new medigun that should be in the last rocket. Last night I watched some guy waxing positives about the Amputator taunt. Today I was wondering what a medigun that could automatically heal two or three people in front of you would be like. Let's say that everyone you click on got a heal beam that was only dismissed by them leaving your range, you clicking on them again, or you overriding them with someone new once you were already healing three people. You wouldn't have to hold down the mouse button to heal, and you could consistently heal people without having to face them. You could have little indicators in the upper left for the people you're healing, like the Engineer has for his buildings.

The Multi-Prong
+Will uber all three people you're chained to for the full 8 seconds unless you tag a new person.
-Doesn't overheal
-Builds 66% slower

The last negative is so that if you're consistently healing three people, you get an uber after 40 seconds. If you're not then it can be potentially be slower than the regular medigun, so you should just switch.

A 4 person uber sounds like the worst thing to ever happen.

On the plus side, brave pyros could save the day by airblasting all 4 of those idiots off the cliff.

I think a 4-person uber sounds a little crazy to me too. Maybe if the range of the heal beam was shortened also to compensate/require them to clump a bit, it'd also make it a bit easier to counter with one or two well placed airblasts.

Hell, 4 medics could uber an entire 16-person team. In fact, I'd love to see 4 medics with that + 12 tomislav heavies. It'd be a massacre unless the other team had an uber pyro or two around.

XeroSauce

The Multi-Prong
-Doesn't overheal
-Builds 66% slower

They had a concept medigun for that, it was double pronged and it's on the Wiki but I'm on my phone so I cant link..they removed it because they wanted the benefits of a medigun charge to only be one person at a time. From what I remember.

thefro

A 4 person uber sounds like the worst thing to ever happen.

On the plus side, brave pyros could save the day by airblasting all 4 of those idiots off the cliff.

Yeah, 4-person uber sounds stupidly overpowered. That'd pretty much roll any chokepoint someone tries to set up unless you had really incompetent players on the team getting ubered.

Autohealing 3 problem people would nearly make up for the lack of overheal and heal time on its own, since you could just focus on dodging enemy attacks and you wouldn't have the lag in healing when you switch from person to person.

Proven

Yeah, 4-person uber sounds stupidly overpowered. That'd pretty much roll any chokepoint someone tries to set up unless you had really incompetent players on the team getting ubered.

Autohealing 3 problem people would nearly make up for the lack of overheal and heal time on its own, since you could just focus on dodging enemy attacks and you wouldn't have the lag in healing when you switch from person to person.

Yeah, I decided to lean on the overpowered side since the biggest complaint about the Quickfix is the lack of overheal combined with the lack of invincibility.

They had a concept medigun for that, it was double pronged and it's on the Wiki but I'm on my phone so I cant link..they removed it because they wanted the benefits of a medigun charge to only be one person at a time. From what I remember.

Interesting... but also disappointing if it was already given a pass. Still, there are a lot more ideas you can have around healing people. It's payoff effects that are harder to come up with.

Also, good art is really good. The Scout doesn't look stupid at all. It's more like he's trying to explain to some dummy the proper way to use headwear.

Top Bottom