• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Alienups

Asking here first since i can give peeps some TF2 stuff to hang onto in the meantime.

I want the Total War Collection but the money probably won't arrive on my paypal in time so can anyone help me out by gifting the game to me ? I'll give you an unusual to hang onto until i get you the money, which should be Wednesday at the latest.

edit: got it

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kind of scary to look at that list and realize I've already got a majority of those games. That Total War Master Collection is an absolute steal.

I'm not very good at RTS games, is Total War very difficult? I can handle difficulty in strategy games but I either want turn-based or spacebar pause micromanagement to get over the hurdles.

speedpop

I'm not very good at RTS games, is Total War very difficult? I can handle difficulty in strategy games but I either want turn-based or spacebar pause micromanagement to get over the hurdles.

It's not too bad since you can pause the battle etc. You can auto-resolve the battles if you simply want a poor man's version of EU3 and play the turn-based map campaigns, but the real bread and butter of Total War has always been the battles. They can be really daunting at first. The best way to get better at them is to sink in to the abyss and find out how you go. Eventually it will come to a point where several hours later you'll get your first real challenge when a side company consisting of 10,000 men gets caught in no man's land and has to face off against 30,000-50,000. Those are the moments that keep me playing these games.

In a way it's like a huge chess table - just with a bit more real-time shenanigans.

speedpop

So I guess the Medic jacket will be in Napoleon perhaps alongside the Sniper hat. Demo's coat will be Medieval II, Soldier's mask will be either Shogun 2 or Fall of the Samurai, Spy's suit will likely be Empire.

Going to be hilariously stupid to be running about as a Heavy with the Warrior's Spirit claws & Rome's wolf hat.

Sianos

Update fixes shield resistances :O

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Shared Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
Improved the performance and stability of the libraries used for in-game HTML display
Team Fortress 2
Added new promo items
Fixed hats sometimes appearing multiple times in incorrect locations when changing classes
Fixed Demoman shields not reducing explosive damage in non-MvM games
Fixed the tf_bot_add command using the same name for all of the bots when adding multiple bots simultaneously
Updated the localization files
Moved map descriptions into the localization files
Map descriptions will still be loaded from the maps folder first if they exist
Updated Mann vs. Machine
Fixed a bug where players could only buy 1 upgrade at a time from the upgrade station
Fixed a bug where the Victory dialog would sometimes show during incorrect times

Pictures at 872.

Collete

1$ for a hat (Total War). Hmm...

Boyfriend already has the game but his K-9 Mane won't appear in his inventory.
...I'll still probably get it. *gets out credit card reluctantly*

It's not too bad since you can pause the battle etc. You can auto-resolve the battles if you simply want a poor man's version of EU3 and play the turn-based map campaigns, but the real bread and butter of Total War has always been the battles. They can be really daunting at first. The best way to get better at them is to sink in to the abyss and find out how you go. Eventually it will come to a point where several hours later you'll get your first real challenge when a side company consisting of 10,000 men gets caught in no man's land and has to face off against 30,000-50,000. Those are the moments that keep me playing these games.

In a way it's like a huge chess table - just with a bit more real-time shenanigans.

Oh goodness. Weak point hit.

I always wanted Shogun: Total War, so guess I will go all-in.

I love EU3, btw. Alternate history is fun.

Yeef

Only way to get the promo items is to buy the entire set? Feh.

I was hoping each would be tied to an individual game. I have no interest in Total War, but I want the medic jacket.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is game specific, must not be working right now.

hatnews.jpg

Well, I just checked the wiki and assumed someone would have put that info on there by now.

Time to figure out which game I don't want has the medic jacket!

I saw that when you buy Rome Total War you get an item but the other ones don't seem to state whether you get an item or not...so it's very confusing.

Forkball

I demand a retroactive Samurai mask for already owning Shogun 2. Although I guess they already had their own promo items.

But still!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Guys help, I started playing this game and now I don't want to play anything else at the moment. :0 I NEED TO FINISH OTHER GAMES! Why is Team Fortress 2 so addicting?!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys help, I started playing this game and now I don't want to play anything else at the moment. :0 I NEED TO FINISH OTHER GAMES! Why is Team Fortress 2 so addicting?!
Tf2 is like the gf you keep breaking up with for other newer girls only to go back to cause you're comfortable with her.

Blizzard

Banned
Scrim on Friday night: Janky bunch or w/e vs FOXHOUND. Yeef will be home and said that we can play on the jank. Let's start at 8:30pm EST, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and that way everyone can use the server by 9pm.
I should be around by 8:30 EST if this is still going on.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Apparently Orium can't play on Monday (join a league and not be able to play on the default scheduled day... ok). We've 3 options now:

• reschedule match to Saturday (tomorrow) at 9:00 PM EST
  • reschedule to Tuesday (10/2) at 9:00 PM EST
  • we can't do either rescheduled time, so Orium has to forfeit for being unable to play on the default day
I would like to actually play a UGC match at some point, but apparently the scheduling deities have decided to work against that. :S

Mumble Information

Download: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

SERVER: chi.eoreality.net
PORT#: 64739

Quote for instructions on how to connect to the TF2 room!

Mumble overlay not showing up in game? Follow these directions:
  • double check that you've enabled the overlay in Mumble
  • load Mumble before TF2
  • stick this in your TF2 launch options: -nod3d9ex

Scrim on Friday night: Janky bunch or w/e vs FOXHOUND. Yeef will be home and said that we can play on the jank. Let's start at 8:30pm EST, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and that way everyone can use the server by 9pm.
I didn't see this until now... oop. I'm down to play too.

Blizzard

Banned
Tuesday is no go for me. I can do tomorrow (Saturday) if everyone on the team is okay, otherwise we will make our way to #1 via forfeits. Foolproof strategem!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Apparently Orium can't play on Monday (join a league and not be able to play on the default scheduled day... ok). We've 3 options now:

• we can't do either rescheduled time, so Orium has to forfeit for being unable to play on the default day
I would like to actually play a UGC match at some point, but apparently the scheduling deities have decided to work against that. :S

Mumble Information

• load Mumble before TF2

Hmmm...so tonight we get to destroy the jerky bunch (how dare you jerks changes the name), but I wanted bl2 or tl2.....

I would not let them reschedule. We had a few of those when I was in 6 and it was ducking annoying learning so late and having people reschedule. People got shit to do. Punish em for it.

The Janky Bunch!

Mumble Information

• load Mumble before TF2

I can do tomorrow.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
The Janky Bunch!

Mumble Information

• load Mumble before TF2

Well it seems that people want to play on Saturday so maybe we should just do that? I will get home a little late tonight as well.

Liquidsnake1010

Neo Member
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, it seems that our new found hoovy (who I totally did not make up) cannot play any more. Looks like you'll have to SUB in for him, KURO :D

Blizzard

Banned
Hmmm...so tonight we get to destroy the jerky bunch (how dare you jerks changes the name), but I wanted bl2 or tl2.....

I would not let them reschedule. We had a few of those when I was in 6 and it was ducking annoying learning so late and having people reschedule. People got shit to do. Punish em for it.
I try to be a nice guy, but actually I'm changing my vote to request the forfeit as well. It looks like I may not be free for Saturday night after all. :/

Top Bottom