• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Crappy-Thanksgiving.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthdays to AlienDanteSoka and happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the north (what do you guys eat traditionally for this holiday? same as us with the turkey and mashed potatoes and stuff? I guess Kirsten's pictures will let us know!).

What time is the UGC gamething tonight? 9:30?

Yep, 9:30 EST!

Server is the Jank, same password as yesterday's scrim.

Quote if you don't remember.

Kirsten

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the north (what do you guys eat traditionally for this holiday? same as us with the turkey and mashed potatoes and stuff? I guess Kirsten's pictures will let us know!).

Yep...SAME STUFF.

I bet you guys have been eagerly awaiting the pictures.

kwNdsl.jpg

zrn3ul.jpg

bFIqrl.jpg

Yeef

That's pretty modest for a Thanksgiving dinner. If you were American there'd be like 15 times as much food.

And mind you, that 1 for the other team came when we were up 6-0 and in the confusion of whether they wanted to pause the game or not.

I'll be working on a video for pl_swiftwater_ugc for the Jank (and Foxhound, should they want it) before I leave for NYCC Thursday morning. Gonna drop some knowledge on you.

Sianos

We won 6-2 and then 4-0, well done to everyone!

I think whipping to mid worked very well for us, we had our hold established well before they trickled in. From there we held mid with Panny valiantly protecting the backfield. Strong pushes and a strong defense.

My little rafter hiding spot worked well, I swooped down and grabbed a quick cap before they could set up at one point.

@ Kirsten: Looks great, wish we could cook that well. :U Love the homemade cranberry sauce too, you have good taste.

Double checked UGC and it looks like I can use the Flying Guillotine. Oh yeaaaaaaa. Only Huo-Long Heater was banned from that promo set.

We were laughing when we were watching sourceTV because every time you'd stun someone, you would throw your madmilk on them instead of running up and shooting them.

DogWelder

We won! 7-1, 3-0. Just finished reporting the match results. :)

Huge thanks to Soka for stepping in as our Democaberman.

We won 6-2 and then 4-0, well done to everyone!

I think whipping to mid worked very well for us, we had our hold established well before they trickled in. From there we held mid with Panny valiantly protecting the backfield. Strong pushes and a strong defense.

My little rafter hiding spot worked well, I swooped down and grabbed a quick cap before they could set up at one point.

@ Kirsten: Looks great, wish we could cook that well. :U Love the homemade cranberry sauce too, you have good taste.

Our team lost 10-7. :(

feelsbadman

Well your computer is haunted by ghosts, but once you get that fixed you can play as often as you like. :D

I think Mumble not working is my fault, since I forgot that you have to start Mumble first before launching TF2 or something. TF2 mysteriously slowing to a crawl then going back to normal is beyond my understanding though, since it is the only game I have on my laptop that does it.

Sianos

We're number 10 right now, climbing the ranks despite missing week one. I'm very confident we'll be in the playoffs and possibly number 1 if we keep this up.

Our team lost 10-7. :(

feelsbadman

Platinum is the hardest division, we haven't had any very threatening teams yet since we're rising from behind. Steel and Iron for the most part aren't home to the most competitive teams (barring us :p).

thefro

It looks like FOX may play Swole Patrol next... they rolled KSRF last year 5-0 so hopefully you can get some revenge for us.

Should be a good match.

Sianos

Last season we lost so badly on Obscure because:

- We were playing 8v9.
- Because of the "rotational scheduling" we didn't have any of our main callers playing.
- After Canalzone a lot of the people scheduled for that week didn't want to learn the map and it's strategies.

This season we're more coordinated, more serious, and have all improved. East and Wag are being amazing main callers on Medic, we're all better at DM, and don't have to learn new game types.

If we keep up what we're doing, especially with scrims, I'm sure we'll do great.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

- We were playing 8v9.
- Because of the "rotational scheduling" we didn't have any of our main callers playing.
- After Canalzone a lot of the people scheduled for that week didn't want to learn the map and it's strategies.

This season we're more coordinated, more serious, and have all improved. East and Wag are being amazing main callers on Medic, we're all better at DM, and don't have to learn new game types.

If we keep up what we're doing, especially with scrims, I'm sure we'll do great.
Wagosto is the best rounded player on the server. Though he needs to communicate better as Med. Goddamn you! Wagosto call your percentage, listen to your pocket, and trust him to protect you.

And stop giving ubers to pyros! >=[

- We were playing 8v9.

Main problem was not everyone knew about the long spawn time. So we where to timid to push.

Yeef

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Fixed HTTP downloads on Mac not sending an HTTP referer

Team Fortress 2
  • - Updated materials/models for the Champ Stamp, King of Scotland Cape, Stovepipe Sniper Shako, and Freedom Staff
  • - Fixed a server crash that could occur if a Spy was disguised holding the Gunslinger
  • - Fixed the Lacking Moral Fiber Mask being tagged as a misc item instead of a hat
  • - Fixed the Gunslinger not accepting "Sappers Removed" strange parts
  • - Overhealed players that are bleeding or on fire can now pickup healthkits to remove these conditions
  • - Added tf_dingalingaling_repeat_delay (default 0) which limits how often the dingalingaling sound can play
  • - Removed outdated tip about the Spy's Enforcer
  • - Updated the localization files
  • - Vote system
    • - Allow kicking of connected players that haven't joined a team in Mann vs. Machine
    • - Added sv_vote_issue_kick_spectators_mvm (default 0) which allows players to kick anyone that isn't team
      invaders, as long as they've passed the sv_vote_issue_kick_min_connect_time_mvm timer, if enabled
  • - Mann vs. Machine
    • - Added two new tours of duty, each with new unique loot:
      • - Operation Oil Spill, with 6 new intermediate skill missions
      • - Operation Gear Grinder, with 3 new expert skill missions
    • - If a player connects to a MvM game through matchmaking and loses their connection, their spot will be held for a brief duration and they will be given a chance to reconnect
    • - After victory on a Mann Up server, the players will be put into a lobby together.
    • - Improved matchmaking searching status screen
  • - Mann vs. Machine balance changes:
    • - Explosive Headshots
      • - damage is now 150 regardless of upgrade level
      • - damage is done in one tick instead of the previous six
      • - added a slowing effect based on upgrade level (50%-80% slow, 2-4 second duration)
      • - radius still scales with upgrade level (unchanged)
    • - Marked For Death duration reduced to 7 seconds from 15 seconds when the target is a giant robot
    • - Reduced the "effect bar recharge rate increased" upgrade from 20% increments with an 80% cap to 15% increments with a 60% cap
Brrt.

Sianos

New MvM loot. :O

Also, stealth Kunai buff, hooray! Just hopes this means flaming 180 hp scouts won't start snapping up health packs now. :U

Alienups

I just realized there's a good chance i'll be able to idle with almost all (if not all) my idle accounts at the same time when my new pc gets here :p

Sianos

brrrrrrrt

Badges for Tournaments:
TournamentMedal - GWJ Winners
TournamentMedal - GWJ Runnerups
TournamentMedal - GWJ Participants
TournamentMedal - ETF2LHL Winners
TournamentMedal - ETF2LHL 2nd
TournamentMedal - ETF2LHL 3rd
TournamentMedal - ETF2LHL Participants
TournamentMedal - UGCHL Participants
New MVM Weapons/Badges for the new tours:
Tour of Duty Badge Intermediate
Tour of Duty Badge Expert
Rust Botkiller <Weapon> (Intermediate)
Blood Botkiller <Weapon> (Intermediate)
Carbonado Botkiller <Weapon> (Expert)
Diamond Botkiller <Weapon> (Expert)
Crate #48:
The Homewrecker
Shovel
Scattergun
Strange Part: Engineers Killed
Strange Part: Robots Destroyed
Strange Part: Kills While Low-Health (Less than 10%)
The Surgeon's Stahlhelm
Furious Fukaamigasa
Rank Requirements for Robots Killed:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Welp, time to buy some tickets.

- If a player connects to a MvM game through matchmaking and loses their connection, their spot will be held for a brief duration and they will be given a chance to reconnect

THANK GOD.

Top Bottom