• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
So yeah, those new mvm missions

either we were doing something really wrong or they're just annoying as hell
The point is, Valve gets your money either way, so it sounds like a success. :p

I mean Valve could make them fun so you could pay money to buy them again, but that's just crazy talk.

When I tried playing MVM I had to wait 7 minutes to get in a game, then when I got in I was booted for trying to ready up because F4 was bound to quit for some reason. Never really cared to try it since.

The point is, Valve gets your money either way, so it sounds like a success. :p

I mean Valve could make them fun so you could pay money to buy them again, but that's just crazy talk.

This reminds me of Robin Williams' stand-up bit about Golf.

"Right near the end I'll put a little flat piece with a little flag to give you hope..."

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anybody doing some Mann Up tonight?

I have tickets and I want to do a Tour (not in one go, but I'd like to at least complete Oil something something.)

Yeef

Expert Mode is pretty ridiculous. But oh so satisfying when you win.

Woobie got disconnected and some other guy ended up joining that stuck with it until we won. Then at the end we all basically ended up getting cosmetic items.

Giant Quick-Fix medics are a pain in the ass. If you don't kill them before they get their charge, it's just about impossible to take them out.

Javaman

Expert Mode is pretty ridiculous. But oh so satisfying when you win.

Woobie got disconnected and some other guy ended up joining that stuck with it until we won. Then at the end we all basically ended up getting cosmetic items.

Giant Quick-Fix medics are a pain in the ass. If you don't kill them before they get their charge, it's just about impossible to take them out.

Don't robomedics start out with a full charge?
I'm game for some Mann up mode tonight (wed) if anyone is interested. What is it, 9 tickets required? :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'll definitely be playing through all the tours but I don't know how much time I'll have this weekend, I'll be at New York Comic Con.

We played one of those before our expert round and it was painfully boring. Expert is the way to go. They added different badges for each difficulty so I guess that's their way of separating the tours now.

I think Intermediate is fine... just don't play with a full team.

I kinda wish they'd do this for the grenade launcher instead, I'm far too attached to my strange festive sticky at this point.

I'll be down for doing more of the expert tour if people are up for it. I think no medic might be the way to go for expert simply just for the damage output, especially when you have three tanks on the map at the same time with heavy medic combos pouring in. I must have taken three trips with the two-way teleporter on that last round just to buy crit canteens.

Sianos

Let's also not forget to lobby and scrim too!

I feel the same way about my strange rocket launcher. I have a clever idea for a botkiller name and description, but I'd miss my original.

I keep getting this glitch where I freeze in place and the camera spazzes out but everything moves normally around me. What's going on?

Bauhaus

Banned
I just realised the Total War promos are now tradable.

If anyone wants the Distinguished Rogue or the Foppish Physician I´ll give them for free if you don't have them already.

Sianos

Am I in this week or oreo's turn?

Next next Monday I'm out of town.

You're in for this week. Thank you for letting us know well in advance when you'll be missing.

This week we are confirmed against Swole Patrol, so I hope for a match that challenges us a bit. I'm still confident that as long as we train like we have been we'll win.

FOX needs the 10x gravity chamber to improve their training. Alternatively, they could climb Korin's Tower and retrieve the magic water from Korin himself.

I can't really see you guys beating a team named Swole Patrol.

Blame Snake for naming the team before the team was really complete, not that I have a problem being named after an organization from a video game series that people used to like, but Panny and I had someone asking if we were fair and balanced when we were playing on a Reddit server yesterday. Personally I would have gone with something like the Party Posse and we all could have had colored birthday hats for our team uniform. Foxhound is okay... I guess...

Sianos

Swole Patrol, on a custom Payload map, on a west coast server? Yeah, they're screwed.
Stop hyping up Swole Patrol as this amazing team. From the little bit I played before source engine died they weren't fantastic: they just actually practiced the map, knew about the respawn times, and had an actual strategy. KSRF was good, but we weren't very serious.

FOX on the other hand is a more serious team. We've all improved, we scrim other teams, have a more comprehensive plan, and some great new (but experienced in Highlander) talent. I'm confident that if we practice we will continue to do excellent.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stop hyping up Swole Patrol as this amazing team. From the little bit I played before source engine died they weren't fantastic: they just actually practiced the map, knew about the respawn times, and had an actual strategy. KSRF was good, but we weren't very serious.

FOX on the other hand is a more serious team. We've all improved, we scrim other teams, have a more comprehensive plan, and some great new (but experienced in Highlander) talent. I'm confident that if we practice we will continue to do excellent.
How could people who admitted to only playing for medals not be serious! D:

Javaman

I don't get why people would pay $6 for a rusty weapon when you can get diamond for only $3. Ironically those are going to be more rare than the diamond ones.

Yeef

Something else we learned last night: If you go medic just to kritz a demo man before the round starts, then change back to [non-medic class], the crit stickies will vanish.

Sianos

How could people who admitted to only playing for medals not be serious! D:
The true downfall of KSRF was finding out there were no medals. :U

This season we're in it to win it, and I'm confident that we have the potential to do so. Snake and I are lining up scrims against more silver teams for the weekend along with lobby sessions. There's also the ever helpful Heinsight that everyone should watch and many recorded past Swiftwater matches.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Our match schedule for 10/15 finally went up... we're playing Swiftwater against some guys named The Barking Spiders. They also played (and mostly lost) during the summer season and are currently 2-2 for S8.

Since Nihon can't play on Monday, we're gonna have to shuffle Steve over to Pyro duties for this week.

Scout - DJ Crimson
Soldier - Rickenslacker
Pyro - SteveWinwood
Demoman - ExMachina
Heavy - Blizzard
Engineer - thefro
Medic - Javaman
Sniper - Capndrake
Spy - Matt

Let me know if you're on this list and you can't make it so I can find someone to fill in.

Top Bottom