• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

Killing Merasmus took quite a bit of coordination and abuse of the huntsman headshot bug. I can't see any normal server doing it with all the fools killing each other. :U

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys gonna do another coordinated take down of Merasmus tomorrow? I would like to get in on this...

Just been too busy playing Virtue's Last Reward to pay any attention to TF2 lately. :X

Blizzard

Banned
Are you guys gonna do another coordinated take down of Merasmus tomorrow? I would like to get in on this...

Just been too busy playing Virtue's Last Reward to pay any attention to TF2 lately. :X
If there's a signup list and a time I'd be up for it, otherwise I might not be around.

Sianos

As far as the new Halloween hats go I love the new skull grenades, they go perfectly with my Infernal Impaler. A shame some of them are restricted, I quite like this year's batch.

Lakeside+ is fun, the added highground on the spires and the upper ledge in the castle are very neat for jumping.

Forkball

Did TF2 have this Halloween style update last year?

Yes, it's had one for the last four years.

Merasmus is definitely tough. However, we managed to kill him two or three times in one round once we figured it out. Hunstman does a ton of damage with charged shots. Also, if one person turns into the bomb, run towards Merasmus to stun him. He also warps to a few specific spots, but the hardest ones being the upstairs sniper spots for both sides.

I got the Spy Scarecrow head in the present, and it doesn't seem time restricted. So you can definitely get cool stuff for free. Also if you collect seven voodoo parts, you can craft it into something.

Merasmus is definitely tough. However, we managed to kill him two or three times in one round once we figured it out. Hunstman does a ton of damage with charged shots. Also, if one person turns into the bomb, run towards Merasmus to stun him. He also warps to a few specific spots, but the hardest ones being the upstairs sniper spots for both sides.

I got the Spy Scarecrow head in the present, and it doesn't seem time restricted. So you can definitely get cool stuff for free. Also if you collect seven voodoo parts, you can craft it into something.

did you watch Sword of a Stranger yet?!?

is it the same maps and stuff all the time or different? Also are they only out for Halloween and then leave?

The items are in the store, so hopefully all of the ones in the store right now will stay there.

The changes for this lakeside are interesting. Don't like how ugly the pit looks though, and I don't mean the hellish teeth.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Reeeeeeally wish the jank had more than 0 people playing on it, ever. Trying to kill this dude with pubs is like trying to teach algebra to kindergarteners

Maddocks

Reeeeeeally wish the jank had more than 0 people playing on it, ever. Trying to kill this dude with pubs is like trying to teach algebra to kindergarteners

done with that mode. everyone is...ok we will go for the boss.....everyone but that asshole spy up has a strange knife and 4 kills because he sucks so he boosts his kills in this mode because everyone is looking at the boss.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Does the whole server get the hat for killing the dude or is like like the Headless Horsemann where only the people who hit him in the last 3 or so seconds gets it

Edit: latter, don't know why I asked

Alienups

Friend put up a private Halloween server. Message me on Steam to get the info. Bans for killing people when the boss is around etc..

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, I keep making the mistake of joining public servers for the Lakeside event map.

:(

Sianos

done with that mode. everyone is...ok we will go for the boss.....everyone but that asshole spy up has a strange knife and 4 kills because he sucks so he boosts his kills in this mode because everyone is looking at the boss.

Haha, I keep making the mistake of joining public servers for the Lakeside event map.

:(

Yeah, I tried it on a pub for a bit last night and they couldn't do it. We came close, but just one person undermined the whole operation.

It's a fun fight, but they need to extend the time he's out for by a couple minutes, especially if the hunstman damage is a bug.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Friend put up a private Halloween server. Message me on Steam to get the info. Bans for killing people when the boss is around etc..

Thanks a ton man, worked perfectly.

If everyone on the server is working together, Merasmus can be handled pretty well.

Yeef

"Those are the people's teeth for all to share!"

The-Rock.jpeg

deleted

Is there anything special in the MVZombies Map? No Achievements, no gifts, only the challenge, right?

Edit: Managed to get the achievements for lakeside on a pub server. Let's say... it took its time ;) First time in a year that I played TF2 for more than half an hour. Last years Halloween event burned me out. This one is much better.

Forkball

I got the Spy scarecrow head, which has no holiday restriction, for free in the present. However, I bought an eerie key for the Halloween crate and got a Halloween restricted item. So basically Valve gave me something cool for free and then I bought something significantly less cool.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Heatmaker Sniper is ridiculous. Absolutely insane. I can take out Giants in seconds by myself if I get only headshots. Jesus Christ.

Bauhaus

Banned
I got the Spy scarecrow head, which has no holiday restriction, for free in the present. However, I bought an eerie key for the Halloween crate and got a Halloween restricted item. So basically Valve gave me something cool for free and then I bought something significantly less cool.

The store descriptions already tells you that the eerie crate only contain restricted event items.

Forkball

The store descriptions already tells you that the eerie crate only contain restricted event items.

I didn't know that it was "only" restricted items, just that there would be a big chance. Oh well. I got the zipperhead which looks pretty cool. Maybe I can trade it for something.

Top Bottom