• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

9DF28E031F2334669255F33D7B2A2768F0A8783A

Loving the new skulls, perfect for finishing off the loadout. No restrictions either!

AcciDante

I have decided that the little spot where the medic was holding in our scrim, between stair side and middle house, is the fastest way for me to get a shot on cliffside sniper. It's a riskier area but, I can get there and back much faster and won't be out of commission for very long...unless I die.

Is there a particular reason that tf2 is a crashy pile of shit lately?

I come back after xcoms launch to play some Halloween stuff and hl2.exe is about as stable as a World Trade Center. And now with the added benefit of taking steam.exe with it, so I need to launch steam again after hl2.exe has crashed.

Ridiculous.

ezekial45

Banned
I can't find a game for shit. >_< Now the coordinator has stopped working and it won't connect to any games.

Not only that, this game runs my GPU pretty hot. I can run Borderlands 2 perfectly fine, but TF2 makes it sound like my GPU is gonna explode.

I can't find a game for shit. >_< Now the coordinator has stopped working and it won't connect to any games.

Not only that, this game runs my GPU pretty hot. I can run Borderlands 2 perfectly fine, but TF2 makes it sound like my GPU is gonna explode.

I think the source engine in tf2 is absolute shit, so much crap bolted onto that heaving POS.

what's up with motdcheck on pubs all of a sudden? all these random servers i'm hoppin' to not letting me play unless i enable html motds.

well apples to that good sirs i'll take my business elsewhere.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I hope Valve adds flesh-like sounds for the zombies, it's really weird to hear zombies sound like robots.

I'm up to try Wave 666 again too, btw.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

<DT> wants to scrim tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 PM EST. Whoever's available, come DM a little in preparation for our actual match. :p

We'll probably play on Monday at the default time against s00p. A Tuesday reschedule is looking less and less likely, especially with Hurricane Sandy bearing down on us East Coasters... D:

Blizzard

Banned
The Janky Bunch!

<DT> wants to scrim tomorrow (Sunday) at 9:30 PM EST. Whoever's available, come DM a little in preparation for our actual match. :p

We'll probably play on Monday at the default time against s00p. A Tuesday reschedule is looking less and less likely, especially with Hurricane Sandy bearing down on us East Coasters... D:
I should be around tomrorow around 9 p.m. for deathmatch/scrim.

Stay safe from the storm!

Brad02

Neo Member
So after about an hour of looking I found a server with people actually working together to kill Merasmus. It is a valve server, never would have guessed it.

Javaman

The Janky Bunch!

I can't make the scrim but ill be there for the game. Yay for working weekend nights! Do you need a ticket to play the 666 mode?

Blizzard

Banned
ExMachina, if you or anyone else want to pick a time tomorrow to do a kill-wizard-mode game, let me know. I might be out but I'll come back for wizards!

Bluth54

I got my first random hat drop in a long time tonight, a Chieftain's Challenge.

I also got most of the new zombie costumes through TF2 warehouse by trading 2 Halloween keys. I hit the limit of the number of credits I can have with the third key so I'll have to wait for next week to get the final 2 zombie costumes.

I also bought a Sir Hootsalot to support Ned for the excellent Community Scheme updates he's done (and it's a pretty cool item) and unboxed a Crone's Dome with a fourth Halloween key.

Ghost Fort is a pretty good map (but don't get me started about how it's a reskin of an existing map and not a reskin of a new map). The boss fight is tough if the server doesn't work together and have a bunch of huntsman snipers, and the random effects are a lot of fun. I haven't tried the new MvM wave yet.

I have to give Valve props for improving the gift system this year so only you see your gift so it's not a mad dash to the gifts.

It's not really a bug but it helps when against the Uber Soldiers. Build a sentry in the building with the windows at the top of the slope the soldier tend to bunch up and try and take it out, the sentry can take loads of damage just have to watch out when trying to refill it with ammo.

Luminous_Reaver

Neo Member
Please pardon my asking, but, um, regarding those masks (that need to be crafted together to create a Saxton Hale mask)...can we still grab them? I got my first gift after a day of playing and it was some (presumably) crummy Spectral Paint potion. (Presumably because if the paint effect goes away after a while it's not really worth anything. :S)

Scipius

Please pardon my asking, but, um, regarding those masks (that need to be crafted together to create a Saxton Hale mask)...can we still grab them? I got my first gift after a day of playing and it was some (presumably) crummy Spectral Paint potion. (Presumably because if the paint effect goes away after a while it's not really worth anything. :S)

The type of Halloween gift you receive depends on the map. You can only get the Paper Masks from Mann Manor, the Class Costumes from Eyeaduct and the new Spells and such only from Ghost Fort. At least, I think that's still the case.

Bluth54

The type of Halloween gift you receive depends on the map. You can only get the Paper Masks from Mann Manor, the Class Costumes from Eyeaduct and the new Spells and such only from Ghost Fort. At least, I think that's still the case.

Yeah your right. I played Eyeaduct the other day and found a gift, it was a costume piece from last year.

Bluth54

I've had Halloween Present drop message on Granary. Wasn't able to find it.

I've also seen that happen on non Halloween maps. I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch and gifts don't actually spawn on non-Halloween maps, since there are gift spawn points on the Halloween maps that don't exist on regular maps, which would prevent a gift from spawning.

thefro

It's really key to be coordinated on this map. Very hard to do much of anything otherwise.

I disagree with Hein on not holding forward because most of the good mini-sentry spots on the map are in front of the point. Those can really rack up a lot of damage. I could see a level 3 working as well but it's a little more dangerous since you'd be spy-bait, but it would pretty much force the other team to run uber and probably waste an uber taking out the gun if you had it far forward enough.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The Janky Bunch!

Scrimming on Viaduct in about 20 minutes (9:30 PM EST).

Anyone from FOX or other regulars on the Jank are welcome to come play. Gonna need 2 subs...

- Sniper
- Medic or Demo

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Janky Bunch!

Scrimming on Viaduct in about 20 minutes (9:30 PM EST).

Anyone from FOX or other regulars on the Jank are welcome to come play. Gonna need 2 subs...

- Sniper
- Medic or Demo

I'd sub Medic but I'm not a "regular" and I'm too busy right now.

Oh well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Got a Sniper Soul to trade, for either Potions or Voodoo Scrap Items (either 7 or one Pile of Curses).

Top Bottom