• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

I finally have a rig capable of playing most games on mid-high settings now and I haven't played TF2 since I played it at a friends house years ago.

What the hell happened to TF2? It's all hats and crates and keys? I know it's F2P and this is the reason why, but... just what happened? Do I need to buy these things to be competitive now?

I finally have a rig capable of playing most games on mid-high settings now and I haven't played TF2 since I played it at a friends house years ago.

What the hell happened to TF2? It's all hats and crates and keys? I know it's F2P and this is the reason why, but... just what happened? Do I need to buy these things to be competitive now?
It had hats and crates and keys well before it went F2P.

Anyway, you can play normally and you will get item drops. Most items you can get this way, but some can only be attained by purchasing or trading with someone. Also, you'll be more than capable of going toe-to-toe with someone with just the default loadouts.

Accidante right here:
4cbMr.jpg

You don't need to buy a thing, you get drops as Dragonlife mentioned but weapons are easy to come by or to trade for the ones you want. A lot of it can be ignored as most of the weapons just serve as bloat really, a lot of the default weapons are still preferable and the most well rounded.

Are those Original Lays in the bowl? Anything original/classic is boring. Not even these will make me eat them:

2173100189_3da2c784ca_o.jpg

and

Limes2.jpg

The best way to keep me away from your shit when it comes to chips is to get original. Ugh.

Are those Original Lays in the bowl? Anything original/classic is boring. Not even these will make me eat them:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2069/2173100189_3da2c784ca_o.jpg[/ig]

and

[img]http://whatscookingamerica.net/Fruit/Limes2.jpg[/mg]

The best way to keep me away from your shit when it comes to chips is to get original. [I]Ugh.[/I][/QUOTE]

Good, all those Lays can be mine!

You don't need to buy a thing, you get drops as Dragonlife mentioned but weapons are easy to come by or to trade for the ones you want. A lot of it can be ignored as most of the weapons just serve as bloat really, a lot of the default weapons are still preferable and the most well rounded.

Oh ok. Well I don't have a mic just yet but if anyone wants to play my Steam ID is GlenChivas.

Grinchy

Banned
Have you guys tried the MvM glitch that lets you stay ubered or crits'd the entire match? Demoknight is a blast to play that way.

Alienups

Just tuned in to see Byte get one of his patented Medic picks as Caberman, lol.

Byte's using caberman™ or the Scottish Resistance unless they're losing to keep it fair. Surprised VTV lost round 2 tbh. (looks like they're going to lose the map even)

But EU vs Americans = choke choke choke :p

If only every tourney was decided by MGE, MGE Mike would take it alone. I've heard the Americans and Darn rave about him and after seeing him play MGE from his opponents POV yesterday i have to agree. So goddamn scary.

So I have one mission left in the MvM Expert mode and one ticket left. I think the level was Decoy. If I join midgame, will I still get the Strange item at the end? I just want to get that shit over with and the most of the Janky users have completed it I think. :(

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Noticed a big influx of new players on jump servers tonight... apparently this video of STAR's is to blame. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9notxSwwdY&feature=share&list=UUgSHGbs2oGoLItc-8y5hJ9g

In all seriousness, it's a good introduction to jumping. Had a lot of fun helping people out who were trying out trick maps for the first time today.

But EU vs Americans = choke choke choke :p

Not this time! Such a beating on Granary... So you Euros can claim the edge in MGE and casters now, heh.

That's solid's mango juice covered computer. Think about the logistics of that. It's mindblowing.

Also, don't knock it until you've tried it. ;)

I don't get what the big deal is, it's just like a handjob really and it was initiated by the girl. shocking, I know. Come to think of it, oral sex is probably as gross. Why am I talking about this ?!

Bart: Why would anybody want to touch a girl's butt? That's where
cooties come from!
Lisa: Dad, I don't understand. What is she saying you did?
Homer: Well, Lisa, remember that postcard Grampa sent us from Florida of
that alligator biting that woman's bottom?
Bart: Oh, yeah, _that_ was _brilliant_!
Homer: That's right, we _all_ thought it was hilarious. But it turns
out we were wrong: that alligator was sexually harassing that
woman.
Bart: And the dog in the Coppertone ad? Same deal, Dad?
Homer: Well, there's kind of a grey area.

How is oral as gross? I don't walk around on my mouth. My tongue isn't calloused to the point I can barely feel it. It isn't common to get fungus in between your teeth.

How is oral as gross? I don't walk around on my mouth. My tongue isn't calloused to the point I can barely feel it. It isn't common to get fungus in between your teeth.

You actually have more germs in your mouth than on your feet. People die from dog bites. Not from getting stepped on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You actually have more germs in your mouth than on your feet. People die from dog bites. Not from getting stepped on.
He's a real doktor!

Edit: so there was a question about using 'patent pending' yesterday. Next time stfu so I can explain it. You apply for a patent first, and you may never receive the rights to it and it can take freaking years to get through examination. During that time, you put patent pending on your product to let others know that you have already applied for the rights so they can't do the same. If I don't patent it, like a lot of crappy made for TV goods, people can copy it without fear of reprisal. If I apply for a patent and put patent pending on my product and you copy it, you're in for a world of hurt after I get my patent since it shows I've warned you but you ignored it. It will be admissible in court and you will have to pay damages and/or potentially recall and destroy your copy.

Edit: and to answer douchewelder, I used to work at a law firm that write patent applications for Research in Motion.

the-wire-hands-up.gif

see this is what happens when the Jank is broken.
Almost wrote broken with a p. proken, that should be a word.

He's a real doktor!

Edit: so there was a question about using 'patent pending' yesterday. Next time stfu so I can explain it. You apply for a patent first, and you may never receive the rights to it and it can take freaking years to get through examination. During that time, you put patent pending on your product to let others know that you have already applied for the rights so they can't do the same. If I don't patent it, like a lot of crappy made for TV goods, people can copy it without fear of reprisal. If I apply for a patent and put patent pending on my product and you copy it, you're in for a world of hurt after I get my patent since it shows I've warned you but you ignored it. It will be admissible in court and you will have to pay damages and/or potentially recall and destroy your copy.

Edit: and to answer douchewelder, I used to work at a law firm that write patent applications for Research in Motion.

figured as much but it's still kinda odd to see it in fast food coffee cups, but I guess the market is that competitive.

bestiality is weird.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
figured as much but it's still kinda odd to see it in fast food coffee cups, but I guess the market is that competitive.
No, patents are a means to protect the inventor in exchange for disclosure of the secret of how to make or so something. That coffee cup may seem normal to you, but it's likely someone never came up with that design before and they wanted to protect the design.

So it could be a unique lid for the coffee cup, a unique shape, or a unique way of making it (maybe using a material to insulate better or something).

You see weird shit patented all the time you take for granted like swiping to unlike your phone. It seems normal since it's so prevalent but I sure as fuck didn't swipe to unlike a decade or two ago (though this is a stupid thing to grant a patent for)

TF2 OT3 of halo threads, dressing up, quick shits, and foot fetishists.

Perhaps we always wondered how TF2 and this thread would die, but I don't think any of us expected this.

So am I the Deathbringer then, since I started this convo by linking to SassyPenguin's post?

EDIT: Kuro, I'll be sure to consult with you when I submit a patent or two over the next few years. Actually, I might just go to my university's information and technology rights management office.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So am I the Deathbringer then, since I started this convo by linking to SassyPenguin's post?

EDIT: Kuro, I'll be sure to consult with you when I submit a patent or two over the next few years. Actually, I might just go to my university's information and technology rights management office.
Go there instead, document and date everything, and make people sign NDAs I'd it could potentially make a lot of money.

And most people don't get patents for themselves since the process is a pain in the neck with a lot of rules. You need someone to properly describe what your invention is, how to make it, and what it does. Not to mention a shit ton of docs you have to submit and dates to keep in mind. That's all extra to the actual fee you have to pay for the app AND all the fees you have to pay AFTER you get your patent.

That's why those shit products on TV often don't bother getting one as it's not worth it

edit: HOLY SHIT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARTISTDUDE YOU MOFO!

DogWelder

I apologize to Grimm for going demoknight against tRs, but they were wasting our time. They asked us to scrim then decided it wasn't worth their time? We weren't going to learn anything when their no. 1 source of spam was non-existent.

Top Bottom