• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Oh autobalance, how I despise you. Though you do make for some funny moments.

On Red, 60 seconds left to win, get balanced to Blu. Push the cart to victory and still become MVP, lol.

Forkball

Scribblenauts promos... my head asplode.

Can we agree that the Halloween update was the best one yet? No real gift farming, a cool boss, a lot of fun items... it only took Valve four years to figure it out!

Saxxy submissions end this week, did anyone submit anything?

Can we agree that the Halloween update was the best one yet? No real gift farming, a cool boss, a lot of fun items... it only took Valve four years to figure it out!

Sniper vs. Spy had the best items (none of them are currently overpowered), was the biggest surprise, added the two best koth maps (even though they were only arena at the time and koth didn't exist), and had the best poster but oh wait they added hats and were nigh-impossible to get at the time plus achievement unlocks weren't enabled for a week so worst update.

Yeef

Sniper vs. Spy had the best items (none of them are currently overpowered), was the biggest surprise, added the two best koth maps (even though they were only arena at the time and koth didn't exist), and had the best poster but oh wait they added hats and were nigh-impossible to get at the time plus achievement unlocks weren't enabled for a week so worst update.
I think he meant best Halloween Update.

Collete

Was that Faerie Solitaire badge ever added?

Not as far as I'm aware of, but the game itself is surprisingly addicting.
Give it a try if you haven't already.

banner.jpg

...I like it

Not too big on the hat but I do want the game *adds to wishlist*

That is actually a good idea.

It actually does look good on you, haha.

I don't know, I had nostalgic memories of trying to get paper masks; shortly after cursing every time someone else got the present.
Then got ecstatic when I found a gift and then started remember where each gift spawn.
And the awesome feeling after 6 tries of killing Horseless Headless Horsemann with my candy cane of doom I finally get the Halloween Scrap metal!
...Good times.

I'm sure I have something in my replay archive out of all the embarrassing deaths I have.
Too lazy to submit anything, it won't actually win anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
I saw someone join the server and I looked and it was like Crushed and three other players playing for half an hour by themselves and I was like whaaaat's going on.

I can only assume Crushed was hating on heavies.

It got okay later on, but then it was a Hightower match where one side was playing for serious and the other had a crossbow medic, SO.

And then it turned into a Jankyard match that was fun until one side started pulling out minisentries and three Heavies, SO.

Blizzard

Banned
Jankyard is okay until one side gets mini-sentries and/or scouts and/or demomen and/or soldiers. Snipers can be annoying too but I can live with them.

It got okay later on, but then it was a Hightower match where one side was playing for serious and the other had a crossbow medic, SO.

And then it turned into a Jankyard match that was fun until one side started pulling out minisentries and three Heavies, SO.

We went triple heavy to punish whoever it was that pulled out mini sentries. I think my favorite moment was someone in chat saying "Oh fuck you guys" as all 3 of us heavies stood side-by-side and unloaded on people.

We'd probably send out more Steam group notifications but Java (who runs the Steam group) has strange requirements for being a tf2 group admin, like living in Indonesia, not being able to rocket jump, or never playing tf2 anymore.

What exactly happens?

Woobie tried to market garden the sniper and landed on top of him while wearing mantreads. I then tried to market garden Woobie but instead landed on him (also wearing mantreads) and the impact somehow killed the sniper who was the bottom of our 3 person totem.

Yeef

Woobie tried to market garden the sniper and landed on top of him while wearing mantreads. I then tried to market garden Woobie but instead landed on him (also wearing mantreads) and the impact somehow killed the sniper who was the bottom of our 3 person totem.
Mantreads [probably] transfers and multiplies the fall damage to the victim, but since the first victim (Woobie) had mantreads as well, the fall damage he would have take was transfered to the sniper. I wouldn't be surprised if the sniper took 9x fall damage.

Science!

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
ESEA Season 12 LAN is this weekend! It's the biggest event in North American TF2, so be sure to tune in for some awesome 6v6 play.

Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/ESEA_Orange

TF2 Schedule (Central Time):
Saturday 11/17
  • 10:00 AM - Classic Mixup vs The Chess Club
  • 12:30 PM - Leviathan Gaming vs Spacewhales
  • Lower/Upper Rounds at 3:00, 5:30, and 8:00 PM
Sunday 11/18
  • 10:30 AM - Grand Finals
The Teams Playing (+ their respective seeds):
  1. Classic Mixup
  2. Leviathan Gaming
  3. Spacewhales
  4. The Chess Club
More info (brackets, STV info, articles about each team, etc.) can be found on TeamFortress.tv.

Will be rootin' for LG again. B)

Top Bottom