• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
That Viaduct match was soooo good. B4nny doing 2x damage over any other player in the game...

Mix^ vs LG in grand finals tomorrow, once again.

Collete

In what ways does Tf2 crashes? hl2.exe? Crash to Desktop?

hl2.exe crash, it just crashes for no reason, like the other night when I was at the Jank it crashed with Zeke screaming "MEDIC!!!" for about 3 minutes. Needless to say, I can't get that out of my head now.

When I play offline practice, it seems to work fine. Now I finally regain my internet connection, I'll give it a try again tonight.

ijsSXVSR6r8W8.jpg

it's on the page

Collete

hl2.exe crash, it just crashes for no reason, like the other night when I was at the Jank it crashed with Zeke screaming "MEDIC!!!" for about 3 minutes. Needless to say, I can't get that out of my head now.

When I play offline practice, it seems to work fine. Now I finally regain my internet connection, I'll give it a try again tonight.

And I did try again; I'm still getting this problem...
Time to spend hours trying to fix this problem I guess.

Collete

1. Verify game cache
2. Defrag game files
3. Delete Team Fortress 2 folder

Hopefully you can fix your issue.

Done the first two. (Didn't realize I could defrag the game files, thanks for that!)
I'm not sure I want to reinstall the whole game again, but I guess I'll think about the last option tomorrow morning.

I think I have to wait this out. I see no other plausible fix from what I looked. (I'll still look tomorrow I guess)
Valve better fix this...The one week where I don't really have to do much work and I can't play TF2.
Still I appreciate the tips.

I'm not very familiar with laptops, but can't he just pop the keys out and clean with rubbing alcohol and Q-Tips?

Well he could but I think it's really a hassle to do that?

I'm not familiar with laptops much myself, but the concept of removing all the keys and putting it back on is really tedious.

Kirsten

I'm not familiar with laptops much myself, but the concept of removing all the keys and putting it back on is really tedious.

I've tried to take keys off my laptop and failed miserably...and by miserably I mean breaking the keys and having to replace the whole keyboard not once but twice...twice! You think I would learn but no.

Done the first two. (Didn't realize I could defrag the game files, thanks for that!)
I'm not sure I want to reinstall the whole game again, but I guess I'll think about the last option tomorrow morning.

I think I have to wait this out. I see no other plausible fix from what I looked. (I'll still look tomorrow I guess)
Valve better fix this...The one week where I don't really have to do much work and I can't play TF2.
Still I appreciate the tips.

Well he could but I think it's really a hassle to do that?

oh yea, deleting the GCF files is your last resort. I just meant deleting:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2

Collete

I've tried to take keys off my laptop and failed miserably...and by miserably I mean breaking the keys and having to replace the whole keyboard not once but twice...twice! You think I would learn but no.

Well to be fair I can kind of sympathize.
You just want to do it yourself without paying too much money for other methods in cleaning or whatever your problems were!

oh yea, deleting the GCF files is your last resort. I just meant deleting:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\team fortress 2

Ah I see, I might do that tonight.
I'll lose all my fixes I've done to TF2 though.
Not hard just annoyed to do that again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You could've just taken it to a shop for them to fix...

Crashes are common with the new update for a lot of people. I crashed around 6 times the last time I played.

No crash here

Hey Yeefail, how come the stats page doesn't show when people are playing anymore?

The website stopped updating stats. :( Probably since the website initially went down.

Yeef's uberstats set the servers on fire so he had to tone it down for them for the hosting people to let him use them.

"WAH WAH, this user is using too much resources!"

F!ReW!Re

Sorry to post this here guys, but if anyone could help me out with the following:
Someone is asking me for my Vintage Whiskered Gentleman level 49.

What is that worth? I tried googling/searching for some trade forums, but only see mentions of the level 100 one..

Not interested in other TF2 items tbh, thought maybe asking for some dota 2 related stuff.
But in general what would a Vintage Whiskered Gentleman level 49 be worth?

F!ReW!Re

It'll be worth more if you wear it while playing to level it up.

Not to sound like a dick who just wants stuff for it, but considering I'm not playing TF2 anymore, I was just wondering for the actual current value, if it's not much I'll just hold on to it...
I thought I could maybe ask for some keys related to Dota2 if that's even possible :)

I've heard from some people that if you add "-dxlevel 98" into your launch options it'll help stop some of the crashing problems associated with the last update.

The latest update did add some extra jank to TF2 for me. Taking hits now produces hitsparks on people, the gib cvars were changed a bit so the Chris cfg I use caused everyone to blow up into silly gibs, there's a bit of warping every now and then, and sometimes when sentries explode the pieces don't separate so it still kinda looks like a formed sentry.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gotten any crashes after the recent updates though all I've been doing is playing jump maps and watching STVs. The bug Ricken mentioned about destroyed SGs is pretty annoying though...

Dummy, Yz50 and clockwork are completely destroying everyone at a shootmania tournament

fighting a Gears of War team now lol

http://nl.twitch.tv/iplshootmania

I like how all these other teams are from console series. That seems fair, heh.

EDIT: Oh lord, everyone falling off the map. xD

Yeef

What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game?

The Nye Mets are my favorite squadron.

Top Bottom