• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

Forkball sent me a message the other day, asking how to play Magic: The Gathering.

I thought he was in China. There's no games allowed in China!

We've released a mandatory update for Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

-Eric

------------------------------

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
  • - Fixed an audio problem for Mac users
  • - Added a new ConVar sv_shutdown_timeout_minutes
    • - Forces a server to shutdown if it has been requested to do so, even if the server is not empty

Team Fortress 2
  • - Added new promo items
  • - Fixed a crash in the class loadout panel for Mac users
  • - Fixed a dedicated server memory leak when running Mann vs. Machine mode
  • - Fixed tf_forced_holiday not properly forcing the holiday mode
  • - Fixed an Mann vs. Machine exploit that allowed permanent ubercharge/critboost effects on non-Mann-Up servers.
  • - Added missing style names for the Plutonidome, Sir Hootsalot, and the Bat Outta Hell
  • - Fixed column header labels being clipped in the scoreboard
  • - Fixed a dedicated server performance issue related to bots
  • - Fixed an incorrect texture for the Jumper's Jeepcap
  • - Fixed team colors for the Voodoo JuJu (Slight Return)
  • - Updated the localization files
  • - Updated cp_gullywash_final1
    • - Fixed the large curved railing in the Blu Base to mirror the railing in the Red Base
    • - Fixed Red Capture Point 2 to prevent capping through a wall behind the point

Alienups

ESEA Season 12 LAN is this weekend! It's the biggest event in North American TF2, so be sure to tune in for some awesome 6v6 play.

Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/ESEA_Orange

TF2 Schedule (Central Time):
Saturday 11/17
  • 10:00 AM - Classic Mixup vs The Chess Club
  • 12:30 PM - Leviathan Gaming vs Spacewhales
  • Lower/Upper Rounds at 3:00, 5:30, and 8:00 PM
Sunday 11/18
  • 10:30 AM - Grand Finals
The Teams Playing (+ their respective seeds):
  1. Classic Mixup
  2. Leviathan Gaming
  3. Spacewhales
  4. The Chess Club
More info (brackets, STV info, articles about each team, etc.) can be found on TeamFortress.tv.

Will be rootin' for LG again. B)

Mix^ are going to take it again i suppose. More interested in next season because of all the rumors floating around.

Lansky to replace Tyrone, yes please.

Meanwhile in Europe;

Epsilon

BFF

the rest

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
There's no games allowed in China!

Are you kidding me? There's probably a remote bunker somewhere in the Chinese countryside where youths do tapping and summoning drills hours on end. For the glory of the motherland and family!

18 players on the Jank right now and I recognize ZERO. What the fuck?

THEY ALL HAVE 150+ PINGS GAF WE'RE BEING OVERTAKEN BY FOREIGNERS. DEY TOOK OUR SLOTS AND SHIT.

Collete

Laptop had to spin off of my desk for no reason and crash to the ground.
It landed pretty hard but was cushioned by my backpack (which didn't really break it's fall much) but least to say I no longer have a real desk and my usage of the mouse is quiet limited....again. All happened day before my exam day.

Whenever I boot TF2 for more than 4-5 minutes it crashes as well. Trying to fix it at this point hopefully nothing is wrong with laptop.

It landed pretty hard but was cushioned by my backpack (which didn't really break it's fall much) but least to say I no longer have a real desk and my usage of the mouse is quiet limited....again. All happened day before my exam day.

Whenever I boot TF2 for more than 4-5 minutes it crashes as well. Trying to fix it at this point hopefully nothing is wrong with laptop.

:(

If it makes you feel better tf2 crashing like that is totally normal for it, so hopefully it's nothing wrong with your computer.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

least you didn't pour mango juice on it

Awesome night. Longest TF2 session I've had in a year at least; logged in around 7:45 PM and didn't log out until around 1:45 AM. Unfortunately, I now have 2-3 hours of work to finish before I go to bed, you bastards.

Spy is awesome by the way.

He was in a car accident and got a fractured nose and cheekbone and had to get surgery.

I say this assuming you're saying he looks weird. Because I don't actually know what you're saying.

Also, I seem to recall he (and several of the cast from Star Wars) had a nasty hard-drug habit.

By the way, I'm just posting here to let you bastards know I'm still awake working on stuff I should have been doing while I was mocking Brazilians with the rest of you.

Man, had I known the sticky jumper was so much fun I would've been using the one that's been sitting in my backpack for months a whole hell of a lot sooner. Been running with a loch n load, sticky jumper and a caber, not always practical but a hell of a lot of fun on maps with high skyboxes. You can just soar through the air at ridiculous speeds and crazy height. The AoE of the jumper stickies is a lot wider and gives you a lot more boost than normal ones. The trade-off in fall damage is so minimal given the distance and speed you can travel.

On Frontier you can jump from the top of the hill near the second cap, sometimes even make it over the arch on the bottom of the hill and land right at the bottom by the spawn. Sometimes you get hung up on the arch but most people aren't looking up that high up on that part of the map. You can knock out the tele entrance, caber a few people as they exit spawn and maybe live to troll again.

There's a certain height where sentries don't seem to track you, so you can use two or three jumper stickies and get behind everything on maps like Upward or Badwater right out of spawn and wreak havoc on the engies buildings. If you've got a clear enough line of sight, you can air shot a level 3 sentry with the loch n load before you hit the ground, just as it starts to register and track you. "Beep, beep...", "KABLOOWIE!"

It's kind of a kamikaze build but it's ridiculously fun.

Also, I seem to recall he (and several of the cast from Star Wars) had a nasty hard-drug habit.

Carrie Fisher has famously been the spokesman of bi-polar disorder. What it does to behavior and the meds to stabilize mood can sometimes be pretty nasty and with the predisposition to abuse drugs, even worse.

Collete

T_T

If it makes you feel better tf2 crashing like that is totally normal for it, so hopefully it's nothing wrong with your computer.

That's what I'm hoping but it feels like too much of a coincidence when TF2 was just working fine the day before and then becomes unplayable after this accident. I was finally becoming good at TF2 too, and this stuff happens...

I quoted you, happy? :p

least you didn't pour mango juice on it

True, my brother accidentally poured coke on his laptop (was his fault to leave coke on a crowded "desk") and now like 10 of his keys don't work and he has to copy and paste letters if he wants a specific phrase said.

True, my brother accidentally poured coke on his laptop (was his fault to leave coke on a crowded "desk") and now like 10 of his keys don't work and he has to copy and paste letters if he wants a specific phrase said.

I'm not very familiar with laptops, but can't he just pop the keys out and clean with rubbing alcohol and Q-Tips?

That's what I'm hoping but it feels like too much of a coincidence when TF2 was just working fine the day before and then becomes unplayable after this accident. I was finally becoming good at TF2 too, and this stuff happens...

In what ways does Tf2 crashes? hl2.exe? Crash to Desktop?

Blizzard

Banned
ESEA stream's up! http://www.twitch.tv/esea_orange

First match is Mix^ vs Chess Club on koth_viaduct. Might take a while to start... because apparently one of the players' LAN computers didn't have TF2 installed. :S

Time to go brew some tea or something...
One of the best snipers the game has ever seen. That may be the best play I've ever seen! This may be the most intense fight for a point I've ever seen. These announcers are excited. :p

Alienups

All that effort put into making the comp scene more popular and new peeps turning in have been greeted by 3 hours of technical problems and 10 minutes of gametime.

GG ESEA.

Oh, and because you all suck ass, I seem to recall someone mentioning last night that I'm some sort of super brew scientist. It's basically true, our lab is full of flasks/tubes/bioreactors/continuous cultures of brewer's yeast. It smells delicious all damn day and you're damn right that you're jealous.

Top Bottom