• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Proven

Video about the new items I randomly saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOaTAcmkyuY

I might play TF2 tomorrow night. The Engineer weapon is a projectile AND has no damage reduction? Might make me not use mini-sentries for a while. Demoman grenades that pierce and still can be used as rollers? New Primary Weapon.

The only thing that doesn't leave me excited is the new Medigun. I don't have anymore space on my mouse for an attack 3 button. I'll have to make it Z/X/C, or Caps Lock (always a risky venture). Or I can move weapon slot 4 and 5 back to the keyboard on V and C, then use the freed mouse buttons for voice and for attack slot 3.

Also, the Medigun looks like it might be too much work for too little pay off. Works best against teams stacking a certain class, so it might be my go to medigun when I feel like playing Medic on random servers.

I still have the sneaking suspicion that it's going to piss me off.

Strange Festive Grenade Launcher... I need you. The tf2 economy is goddamn bonkers at this point. I bought my Strange Festive Sticky for 4 keys and I highly doubt we'll see prices like that this time around.

Yeef

The new weapons look great from those videos. New play-styles without being overpowered.

I feel like the new medigun has the most potential, even though it's probably the hardest to use. Being able to uber off of a partial bar is pretty great and getting health back when your patient takes damage should help your survivability a bunch.

The new weapons look great from those videos. New play-styles without being overpowered.

I feel like the new medigun has the most potential, even though it's probably the hardest to use. Being able to uber off of a partial bar is pretty great and getting health back when your patient takes damage should help your survivability a bunch.

Heavies with an overheal and 75% explosive resistance sounds like a bad time for everyone.

Whew... Those super scouts on Big Rock advanced are a pain. Not to mention when they take teleporter to the front... I had to go Natascha to deal with them :\

Blizzard

Banned
Heavies with an overheal and 75% explosive resistance sounds like a bad time for everyone.
Plays class that destroys everything with explosives, complains about explosive resistance. That's-so-demoman. *musical theme*

I'd just be happy if they got rid of scouts and demos and maybe spies, those classes are the worst. Soldier can stay because he's kind of funny in the comics.

Plays class that destroys everything with explosives, complains about explosive resistance. That's-so-demoman. *musical theme*

I'd just be happy if they got rid of scouts and demos and maybe spies, those classes are the worst. Soldier can stay because he's kind of funny in the comics.

Funny you should call someone out about "complaining" about something.

Blizzard

Banned
Funny you should call someone out about "complaining" about something.
I'm an expert on complaining. I probably used to complain about stuff like scouts all the time, since I'm not good enough to hit them. I just think demomans are plenty strong though, and I suspect you sometimes play demoman so you're biased like me!

I also think it should be fair play -- for every person who wants 24/7 hightower and scout/demo/soldier fortress, there should be someone calling for the elimination of those classes and praising KOTH maps or something. :D We must preserve the tao.

for every person who wants 24/7 hightower and scout/demo/soldier fortress, there should be someone calling for the elimination of those classes and praising KOTH maps or something. :D We must preserve the tao.

So Engys/Heavies/Snipers/Spies only on KOTH? Sounds Awful.

I do like mixing up the maps a bit more, while there are a few that are my favorites and that are GAF favorites playing only those handful over and over and over seems to lead to burnout quicker than anything else.

Not Every Map is the worst map ever, mixing it up a bit is always fun.

AcciDante

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but the admin panel and map voting weren't working yesterday. Calling all yeefs!

I needed to kick a dirty AFK'er and the admin panel not showing up ruined my show of force.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but the admin panel and map voting weren't working yesterday. Calling all yeefs!

I needed to kick a dirty AFK'er and the admin panel not showing up ruined my show of force.
Him and his turd friend should've been kicked in the gonads earlier. Dude was just sitting in spawn or just chilling out in the field

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'll be on tonight (ZOMG) to MANN UP like a MANN. I have a bunch of tickets from the last MVM update I still haven't used.

Yeef

I have tickets, but don't care about them.

Also, I cleaned up my backpack. With the whole marketplace and holiday crates, I'm thinking now might be a good time to start up my idlers again.

Sianos

I've heard these were difficult, but not as bad as expert. I'm sure we can pull throooough, and it'll be fun, too!

What was the class lineup?

Blizzard

Banned
Does the marketplace actually remove the crates from your backpack? It's a great way to store crates without actually deleting them or buying a backpack upgrade, in that case.

So Engys/Heavies/Snipers/Spies only on KOTH? Sounds Awful.

I do like mixing up the maps a bit more, while there are a few that are my favorites and that are GAF favorites playing only those handful over and over and over seems to lead to burnout quicker than anything else.

Not Every Map is the worst map ever, mixing it up a bit is always fun.
Yep, I like a mixup*

*except when it's hydro.

I've heard these were difficult, but not as bad as expert. I'm sure we can pull throooough, and it'll be fun, too!

What was the class lineup?

We had engy, medic, demo, scout, soldier/heavy and pyro

I almost feel spy would be better than scout cause there were alotta heavies pinning me (I was scout) down and I couldn't do anything. Also Spy could take out Engy no problem.

Also the new weapons would probably be real nice in that map.

Yeef

I updated sourcemod and some plugins/extentions. I also signed up for GameME and installed it on the server. For now you can see stats at their site ( http://tf2gaf.gameme.com ) but sometime in January, I'll integrate it into the normal stats site ( tf2.gafserver.com ) and also work on getting GAFlander going again.

[EDIT] I'm also thinking about making Tuesdays and Fridays rotation days, so we play more, different maps.

I updated sourcemod and some plugins/extentions. I also signed up for GameME and installed it on the server. For now you can see stats at their site ( http://tf2gaf.gameme.com ) but sometime in January, I'll integrate it into the normal stats site ( tf2.gafserver.com ) and also work on getting GAFlander going again.

[EDIT] I'm also thinking about making Tuesdays and Fridays rotation days, so we play more, different maps.

You forgot to mention the part where you're turning off crits.

127mb update.

- Added Benign infiltration to the Mann Vs. Machine mission-cycle file for servers
- Fixed a Dead Ringer Spy exploit in Mann Vs. Machine mode
- Fixed a regression with mini-crit damage calculation
- Fixed a client crash in the Medi Gun charge meter when using a custom HUD
- Fixed Festive Huntsman arrows and Rescue Ranger bolts using incorrect hit boxes
- Fixed Tough Stuff Muffs not using the correct model for the Engineer
- Fixed a clipping problem with the Hunger Force
- Fixed Strange Festive Sandviches leveling up multiple times in a single use
- Fixed a lighting issue in mvm_bigrock
- Updated the backpack icon for the Festive Ambassador

Yay, I got one of those Merc Mufflers.

Boo, paint only applies on the stripe and not the whole thing.

I feel gypped.

Broken destructed building physics are back.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Me trying to get into MvM right now:

1. Failed after 4 retries

2. Get in. Start getting ready. PERMABANNED from Railbait Servers: "cl_particles_show_bbox violation" bullshit. Lots of people getting banned for this. Sent ban appeal.

3. Railbait Server. BANNED ALREADY, LOL.

4. Failed after 4 retries

5. Failed after 4 retries

6. Failed after 4 retries

So no. I haven't played MvM yet.

2 heavies, 1 soldier, medic, engy and scoot

Wave 6 (of 7)

Killed 2 of 3 tanks

but couldn't get the last tank, and everything had crits, no engys on wave 6 but lotsa snipers... and the Tank Busters, soooo many tank busters.

Sianos

srzGW.jpg

The Beggar's Bazooka was very effective, especially when we were able to grab all the money starting out. Getting the resistances and health on kill early on helped quite a bit, allowing me to live through the worst assaults of the crit classes. I didn't find myself loading multiple rockets at all, with reload speed fully upgraded it feels like you have a 50 rocket clip. I'll experiment some with firing speed to see if that will help with my DPS.

We killed the first two tanks very quickly, but the ensuing rapid fire Soldiers, crit giant Heavies, and quick shits Medics pushed us back while we focused the second tank. Perhaps focus the second tank a bit later (we were killing it right after it left the tunnel) and try to hold back those Heavies and Soldiers.

All in all it was very fun, perhaps we'll try two bazooka Soldiers?

Top Bottom