• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

It was tough the second time around getting my sentry up and dispenser up in a spot where people could get at them. Also the full upgrade canteen is incredibly useful as well.

I did find that amazing spot for a sentry that let me handle that one wave no problem the trouble was having to move my stuff back when(not if) the super scouts blew right past everything, I killed quite a few of them but sometimes they'd come with the heavy or soldier and it was just hard to keep my stuff alive.

I wish they'd let you make a second dispenser instead of a mini sentry that'd be way more useful.

We killed the first two tanks very quickly, but the ensuing rapid fire Soldiers, crit giant Heavies, and quick shits Medics pushed us back while we focused the second tank. Perhaps focus the second tank a bit later (we were killing it right after it left the tunnel) and try to hold back those Heavies and Soldiers.

All in all it was very fun, perhaps we'll try two bazooka Soldiers?

The trouble was those super scouts and once their up it's almost like I have to push to the very back where I really don't have any good spots for a sentry. Also, setting up a dispenser in a spot where people can get at it, while it's still close enough to enable me to get metal to fix my stuff when crits are shooting at me.

The last tank is really what does us in, maybe I should set up a teleporter and sneak back to shoot at it while everyone fights the other stuff? or a soldier can?

Sianos

Yeah, I think two Bazooka Soldiers would be useful.

What I do is upgrade ammo, reload speed, and health on kill first, then focus on resistances and rocket damage. You become a heavy damage dealer who can quickly recover health through a barrage of rockets and survive almost anything. During the crit rush I'd just stand near that corner, annihilating everything as it came close and outhealing all the incoming crits.

After those I'd recommend Buff Banner duration so you can keep up a near constant flow of mini crits. I'm going to see how big of a difference firing speed and projectile speed make too. Clip size is a waste, you can fire them one by one as fast as loading in a bunch and releasing.

Sianos

Wave 7 of Bone Shaker mission is nearly impossible, I spend like an hour on that wave alone.

Heh, it looks pretty difficult. You need very strong DPS and focus fire to win, and most cheese tactics have been circumvented. Not going to spoil the contents yet, but it's something I feel MVM has been missing up until now.

Collete

I'm back!...Finally with a brand new PC that actually plays TF2 in pretty graphics!
Also ready for the holidays!

Qe5E6.jpg

Yep, Super Scouts were being a damn nuisance. Mainly because of the Heavy/Medic combo that comes up with them. Soak one group of Scouts with the Milk, then another damn group of Scouts would pop up in the tunnel with the Heavy/Medic.

I had a thought that machina or hitman heatmaker sniper might actually be useful for that long ass tunnel in Bigrock, if it's worth the sacrifice in DPS for tanks anyway. Might be worth seeing if Assi or Fatcat could do it. I might be up for another go tonight if I get home at a reasonable hour.

Sianos

I'll be home in a couple hours, so yeah, I'll be there.

Heatmaker could be interesting, what we need is more damage output, and explosive headshots deliver. Plus, Jarate is great for big ones and Bushwhacka and my banner would hit tanks very hard.

I think we should drop Medic for another damage class, survivability was not the issue and another person firing would have greater overall damage. But we'll decide later.

Also, I just want to thank Spaceb0y for switching to Heavy last night. Pyro just doesn't work as well on this map, especially for wave 7. You were a big help.

Dear Yeef,

Next time you're playing with the server stuffs, can you please remove arena maps from voting/list? Thanks.

Signed,
The Cond-er-Artistdude88

Yeef

Dear Yeef,

Merry Christmas!

And a very Merry Christmas to TF2 GAF too :]
<3 Bacon
Pancakes makin' bacon pancakes. Take some bacon and I put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes, that's what it's gonna make. Bacon pancaaAakes!

Just tried the game, how do you use teleporters?I walk over them but nothing happens.
Are you sure you're standing on the entrance and not the exit?

Also, if the teleporter isn't illuminated, that means the other end hasn't be built yet (or go destroyed).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
<3 Bacon
Pancakes makin' bacon pancakes. Take some bacon and I put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes, that's what it's gonna make. Bacon pancaaAakes!

Well, I know what's going to be stuck in my head for the next hour or two.

Blizzard

Banned
Just tried the game, how do you use teleporters?I walk over them but nothing happens.
They have to be in matched pairs (the engineer has built an entrance and an exit). You'll know if it's matched because it will have a glowing circle. If there's a glowing circle, stand on it for 5 seconds or so and you should end up somewhere else.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Merry Christmas TF2-crew! I miss you guys. Life has been really busy for me, but I'm hoping to find some time to jump back into TF2 soooooon. Haven't played TF2 or really any video game since before Thanksgiving. WTF BROS WTF. <3

Chanser

Finally completed Broken Parts on MvM, that was the hardest one I've done so far. Though playing with randoms certainly didn't help.

Top Bottom