• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sianos

On another note, Woobyard is a pretty interesting map, if the bugs were ironed out and the back rooms modified a bit it'd be another fun alternative.

One day I might make a -yard, we can always use more koth maps.

Yeef

I still need to make my A/D map, Backwater Bridge. I can also probably make it work as a MvM map as well.

So many projects, so little time (and so much procrastination).

Proven

From watching more people play with the Vaccinator while I've been too lazy to log into TF2 and craft one...

The Vaccinator is very similar to the Quick Fix. It's an aggressive healgun that allows you to stay on the front line for extended periods of time. While with the Quick Fix it was because of it's uber, with the Vaccinator it's because of it's passive healing while resisting damage types.

The passive healing works as long as you're healing people, so you can run up on the front lines on either explosive or bullet (usually explosive) and do fine.

The con of this weapon is that it takes more coordination. If you're getting jumped or picked, popping the uber won't save you. Only your patient can, and he or she has to immediately get between you and the attacker. If someone can get between you and your patient, you can't make yourself invincible or practically invincible. You can't hope your teammate turns around in time to kill the guy with 100% crit chance. No, you'll die.

Secondly, the damage resistance buff doesn't seem to fade off like the invincibility buff of the Medigun does. Unfortunately this means you'll only be popping this buff on one person, usually the lead attacker. After that it's normal triage and maybe a 2-second buff here and there to secure a kill. With the Quick-Fix you could keep everyone alive unless there was massive spike damage. With the Vaccinator, you don't even have that option.

So, final review, I think I like the Vaccinator. I love the Quick Fix, but I can find a way to use the Vaccinator too. Probably only when I go pub-stomping with a friend though; The Vaccinator demands voice chat or a psychic link between you and your preferred patient. With more testing, my favorite healgun choices will probably end up as Quick Fix > Medigun > Vaccinator > Kritzkrieg, but that's just my preference. I use all my healguns.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From watching more people play with the Vaccinator while I've been too lazy to log into TF2 and craft one...

The Vaccinator is very similar to the Quick Fix. It's an aggressive healgun that allows you to stay on the front line for extended periods of time. While with the Quick Fix it was because of it's uber, with the Vaccinator it's because of it's passive healing while resisting damage types.

The passive healing works as long as you're healing people, so you can run up on the front lines on either explosive or bullet (usually explosive) and do fine.

The con of this weapon is that it takes more coordination. If you're getting jumped or picked, popping the uber won't save you. Only your patient can, and he or she has to immediately get between you and the attacker. If someone can get between you and your patient, you can't make yourself invincible or practically invincible. You can't hope your teammate turns around in time to kill the guy with 100% crit chance. No, you'll die.

Secondly, the damage resistance buff doesn't seem to fade off like the invincibility buff of the Medigun does. Unfortunately this means you'll only be popping this buff on one person, usually the lead attacker. After that it's normal triage and maybe a 2-second buff here and there to secure a kill. With the Quick-Fix you could keep everyone alive unless there was massive spike damage. With the Vaccinator, you don't even have that option.

So, final review, I think I like the Vaccinator. I love the Quick Fix, but I can find a way to use the Vaccinator too. Probably only when I go pub-stomping with a friend though; The Vaccinator demands voice chat or a psychic link between you and your preferred patient. With more testing, my favorite healgun choices will probably end up as Quick Fix > Medigun > Vaccinator > Kritzkrieg, but that's just my preference. I use all my healguns.

wtf is this, I don't even...

I think the Loose Cannon may be broke in MvM... Fully upgraded with kritz canteen it's pulling 880-910 dmg on tanks. So that + 12 shots (which can all be easily spam fired within the kritz period) is a hell of a lot of dmg LOL

I think the Loose Cannon may be broke in MvM... Fully upgraded with kritz canteen it's pulling 880-910 dmg on tanks. So that + 12 shots (which can all be easily spam fired within the kritz period) is a hell of a lot of dmg LOL

Seems like it can hit multiple times while still in flight.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I've got like 11 crates (3 christmas ones) and don't plan on getting any keys for them. You can't use these to get metal for item creation, can you?

Sianos

My new rig is built and hooked up. :D

Hope to see a boost in performance, it's leaps and bounds over the old rig, especially the CPU.

Pretty cool frag vid of an up and coming EU soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWuLuwJysQ
I liked that, makes me realize I need to practice getting better at trickier RJ stuff.

I've got like 11 crates (3 christmas ones) and don't plan on getting any keys for them. You can't use these to get metal for item creation, can you?
There's nothing you can do with them in-game other than open or delete 'em. They don't craft in any way. You can trade them for metal if you want to go that route, but I find it too much effort to be worthwhile.

Collete

RhBMX.jpg

First ever crate opened in my TF2 career, and that beaut pops up!
Deciding what to do with it though.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7557351&CatId=31

This bundle of parts along with a WD Green HDD (that took forever to ship) and Windows 7.

Lots of room for expansion, motherboard can take an i7, 32B of ram, and can handle even stronger GPU's. Room for 7 hard drives and 2 GPU's as well. :O

Also bought a new router instead of that crappy one I got from Comcast, and my internet has been notably more consistent.

Post your pingtest results :O

The game keeps freezing on me tonight. :(

I'm so rusty at this game... lol

Also, :( @ yama sniping me to death.

After the latest patch, been having problems myself.

Sianos

Post your pingtest results :O

Very nice, I'm not getting frequent outages and no more obscene packet loss!

Silky smooth tonight, and quite a bit prettier. Did pretty well tonight, adapting to the new (old usb mouse i found in a drawer) mouse I have to use because there's no special mouse plug.

Sianos

Hopefully fired one at a time instead of in threes

But happy new year guys and girls

Hehehe, Yama made an excellent call for me to start running the bazooka. There was an adjustment period and I still miss airshots and pogos, but I've adapted to it and am loving it.

Overload bombing will never stop being fun. <3

Silky smooth tonight, and quite a bit prettier. Did pretty well tonight, adapting to the new (old usb mouse i found in a drawer) mouse I have to use because there's no special mouse plug.

PING TEST NOT SPEED TEST :|

Oh and Happy New Years Everyone!

:O

Same as mine.

Top Bottom