• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Valve is going to start retiring items...

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=9714

Here's the list for the lazy:

Here's a complete list of all the stock we lost: BATTER’S HELMET, SOLDIER’S STASH, PYRO’S BEANIE, DEMOMAN’S FRO, FOOTBALL HELMET, MINING LIGHT, PRUSSIAN PICKELHAUBE, TROPHY BELT and FANCY FEDORA.

Mining light was my first ever hat drop. What a piece of shit.

Also it definitely didn't need an announcement :/

You guys are trying really hard to get me to leave the group huh?

Haha! I wonder if there will be a new hat quality. Regular hats will become vintage, and vintage will become something else? A part of me hopes not.

I'm missing the batter's and football helmets, the stash, the beanie, the fedora, and the pickel.

They're all five dollars in the store, and trading for them right now would be a nightmare. What is a man to do!

kms_md

just perused my inventory to find a vintage stash and a vintage fedora. i forgot i even had these - i purged most of my hats a year ago.

just perused my inventory to find a vintage stash and a vintage fedora. i forgot i even had these - i purged most of my hats a year ago.
What d'ya know the two I was lookin' for. I'll give ye one, no wait, two boxes of Kraft Dinner for the bundle. Yer a sucker if you pass it up!

Okay, okay, name your price.

moojito

Gabe, not content with making a boatload of cash from selling virtual hats, is going to make even more by not selling virtual hats.

Mad props to that man.

corn_fest

Oh, cool, now the best and most-fitting hats are being killed off to drive up profit as usual. It's a good thing I stopped caring about TF2 cosmetics ages ago, because Valve's continual anti-player behavior in the interest of stimulating the hat economy is getting disgusting.

Oh, cool, now the best and most-fitting hats are being killed off to drive up profit as usual. It's a good thing I stopped caring about TF2 cosmetics ages ago, because Valve's continual anti-player behavior in the interest of stimulating the hat economy is getting disgusting.

All I heard here was "Blah Blah Blah...I hate hats".

Yeah that afro was totally fitting.

You know... because of his skin.

He's black.

Collete

I purposefully didn't buy pyro's beanie (for my long term goal of "collect all the pyro hats"
ha...
) because I thought it would be there for ages to come. Dang...

But happy ending, someone gave me pyro beanie for free :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
RIP football helmet.

First helmet I ever got and I got it the first or second day hats were available. Little did I know this would lead us down the rabbit hole.

moojito

The only hat I ever wanted was the modest pile of hat, and it was the very first one that dropped for me. Turns out it looks rubbish on all classes, sadly.

I have it on my heavy.

DogWelder

What's with all the whinging about announcements/invites/everything? The amount of energy expended moving your portly finger 2 mm to close the pop-ups is less than the amount you got from the fumes of that celery stalk you accidentally inhaled 10 yrs ago, you fat shitlords.

Collete

I remember my first ever drop was Ol' Snaggletooth when I started playing.
Thankfully I didn't sell it off for anything but, I realized I had two ugly hats in my backpack and I thought "well they came with TF2 right? Let's craft em!"
Turns out it was a genuine Brain Bucket and Dead Cone from Plants vs Zombies...and I got a Pilotka. Fun times when I was starting out!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's with all the whinging about announcements/invites/everything? The amount of energy expended moving your portly finger 2 mm to close the pop-ups is less than the amount you got from the fumes of that celery stalk you accidentally inhaled 10 yrs ago, you fat shitlords.

Look, just cause you need people on the server to help you topple shit snacks doesn't mean it's not annoying when announcements happen in succession. If I didn't want to join the first time, I won't be joining a second time when you ask again 5 min later, ARTISTDUD! :mad:

I just hate that every announcement pops up twice for me to close. I try to maximize the amount of unhealthiness in my life that the exercise of clicking the mouse to close it twice is encroaching on unacceptable.

AcciDante

Trivial amounts of time either way, broseph.

Yeef

attachment.php

Game's over.

Pack everything up.

Yeef

It seems like every few years, somebody I know brings up Magic, and talks about how the game is broken due to this card and all I can think is...Oh yeah, people still play that game.
Magic is more popular than ever right now. Also, Dominion is a better game, but Magic has more interesting design.

Yeef

Is 4 damage... a lot?
For two mana, usually, yes. (Players starts at 20 life).

More importantly, the fact that it has three different modes, all that help deal with aggro decks' weaknesses, means that it's incredibly powerful.

To put it in TF2 terms: imagine if there were a medigun that let you choose what type of uber you want to use each time you activate it and it had the same charge rate as the quickfix.

Clydefrog

To put it in TF2 terms: imagine if there were a medigun that let you choose what type of uber you want to use each time you activate it and it had the same charge rate as the quickfix.

my huntsman arrow would still kill the medic before he ubered

is there a Magic card similar to huntsman headshot?

My friend who got me into it was much better than me (just generally smarter and had superior strategies), and he wanted to do a tournament, so I signed up for one with him. We were 13 years old and the tourney was full of guys that looked like this

0413_ctu65.gif

And I lost right off the bat. The whole place made me feel uncomfortable and I never went to another card tournament again.

Top Bottom