• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yu Gi Oh was clearly the best card game. I mean, look at this

LOB-053.jpg

Genius design. We really should be incorporating this kind of thing into more competitive video games.

Yeef

My friend who got me into it was much better than me (just generally smarter and had superior strategies), and he wanted to do a tournament, so I signed up for one with him. We were 13 years old and the tourney was full of guys that looked like this

0413_ctu65.gif

And I lost right off the bat. The whole place made me feel uncomfortable and I never went to another card tournament again.
You should go to the Gatecrash Pre-release.

I'm not big on constructed tournaments in general, but limited (drafting and sealed) is tons of fun. The pre-releases, especially, are design to be more casual, with silly things like achievement cards and stickers.

Literally the only things I knew about Magic before today was a "Black Lotus" and something about a rat deck. Or was it an egg deck? I don't remember.

Yeef

Literally the only things I knew about Magic before today was a "Black Lotus" and something about a rat deck. Or was it an egg deck? I don't remember.
Well, here's something else.

Richard Garfield, creator of magic, had custom cards made to propose to his wife and to celebrate the births of his daughter and his son:

proposal.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Soon you will be a magic expert!

Well, here's something else.

Richard Garfield, creator of magic, had custom cards made to propose to his wife and to celebrate the births of his daughter and his son:

http://www.portalemagic.it/public/immagini/curiosita/proposal.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/uqc/4.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/uqc/5.jpg[IMG]

Soon you will be a magic expert![/QUOTE]

What a panty dropper he is.

Woobie

e684c70bf8897054eef1f8d192aa7a73.png

Where has this thread gone..?
Looking for some people to play bbal with or MGE or lobby if we have enough people
or maybe just play GAF

Forkball

I wonder what the point of retiring items is. More keys sold for ancient crates? People use the steam market more to sell the crates/items? Valve servers exploding? Fancy Fedora is still the best Spy hat.

AcciDante

I wonder what the point of retiring items is. More keys sold for ancient crates? People use the steam market more to sell the crates/items? Valve servers exploding? Fancy Fedora is still the best Spy hat.

To create a burst of sales on items that weren't selling, would be my guess.

Proven

Gabe, not content with making a boatload of cash from selling virtual hats, is going to make even more by not selling virtual hats.

Mad props to that man.
This. It's just more Valve experimenting with virtual economies.

Magic is more popular than ever right now. Also, Dominion is a better game, but Magic has more interesting design.
Go play Puzzle Strike. http://www.fantasystrike.com/game/index.php#

There are a number of deck building games I'd rather play over Dominion these days, but right now Puzzle Strike is my favorite. Here's an article talking about how it works: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/the-interconnected-systems-of-puzzle-strike.html

Yeef

There are a number of deck building games I'd rather play over Dominion these days, but right now Puzzle Strike is my favorite. Here's an article talking about how it works: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/the-interconnected-systems-of-puzzle-strike.html
The crashing mechanic is interesting, but it doesn't do much, in my opinion, that sets it apart. Games like Thunderstone and Ascension feel different enough from Dominion that they're their own games. Puzzle Strike is a bit too similar to Dominion without being as good from what I played.

Dominion is still king. It's going to be odd when Guilds comes out, because that'll mean it's complete.

Also, Yeef is abusing his super admin powers:
I hate that map so much. If it had a normal cart, it'd be 100x better (but still bad).

J-Roderton

So, Orange Box comes with this. Does anyone even touch this on Xbox or is PC/Mac the absolute only way to go? Obviously it is the most popular, but I can't run this game on my laptop and will be a while before I can. Just want to play it.

Collete

With that money I could probably buy all the pyro hats I ever need!
But really...why...

oh no the great bazooka has been overthrown

too many silly scouts

Are you bazooka-ing back to the top later?
That rocket launcher is still evil D:

So, Orange Box comes with this. Does anyone even touch this on Xbox or is PC/Mac the absolute only way to go? Obviously it is the most popular, but I can't run this game on my laptop and will be a while before I can. Just want to play it.

It's actually now free, don't need Orange Box anymore, if I remember correctly.
I play on a laptop, but I have no experience with playing it on Xbox however.
You can't run it on laptop even on lowest settings and tweaking the settings to run smoother?

Community's pretty dead on Xbox and the content jump between Xbox and PC is so incredibly vast that you're now getting a small fraction of the game on console. That's not to say you can't get any games going at all on the console, but it's not really the TF2 experience anymore.

J-Roderton

You can't run it on laptop even on lowest settings and tweaking the settings to run smoother?

Nope. I bought the Mac version on Steam a while back and tried it again a couple days ago. As soon as I hit play I just get this "Your graphics card can't handle it" type message and can't go any further.

I have an 08 Macbook. Oh well. I'll be building up a PC in the near future so I guess I can wait.

I'm pretty sure Spaceboy goes patrolling the dirty south looking for ladies to chat up. Between Pineapple and Booster, I'd say it's worked out pretty well thus far.

And what's not to understand about freaking ladles? Geez...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Spaceboy goes patrolling the dirty south looking for ladies to chat up. Between Pineapple and Booster, I'd say it's worked out pretty well thus far.

There's another one?!

Spaceboy is the true dogwelder.

Can't believe we won upward with that one girl (or young boy) zero points whole round. AND WHY THE FUCK WAS HE NUMBER ONE ON THE TEAM?! The people on that server should be ashamed of themselves.

I told him I'd give him a refined if he added her as a friend. Then he couldn't find her account and ended up feeling foolish. Mission Accomplished.

Also, some of the ladies on here need to work with Spaceboy on upping his game (as far as talking to women goes), that was painful.

Top Bottom