• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

that's confusing as shit with the sentry gun...some of them are combining and some aren't. might as well not even use it as it'd throw people off more.
I suppose if you're bad at basic arithmetic.

There's nothing confusing about it at all. It adds up all damage you do over a half second or so. It's great.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose if you're bad at basic arithmetic.

There's nothing confusing about it at all. It adds up all damage you do over a half second or so. It's great.

Pfft bad at math. It adds up the first two or three and then leaves the fourth one out, I prefer the other video you linked to. It could do the same thing for all I know as the hits are very fast, but yours can definitely be confusing.

DogWelder

2LUBUfF.jpg
Aww yiss

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
That was a lot of TF2. D:

And I liked what I saw of cp_antiquity ('twas pretty and we don't do enough 5cp). Would like to see how it plays with a full server...

And I liked what I saw of cp_antiquity ('twas pretty and we don't do enough 5cp). Would like to see how it plays with a full server...

Agreed. I don't know why everyone was up in arms over snakewater earlier, I really like snakewater. We could really expand our 5CP repertoire. Seems the only 5CP maps we play anymore are Foundry, Warm/Coldfront, and Granary. We could use some more Process, Antiquity, and maybe Indulge.

Also, we should try koth_quarry. It's pretty good.

Blizzard

Banned

I too rather liked antiquity, despite not liking 5-point capture maps in general. However, that may just be because I like pretty maps that look unique.

Sianos

I personally love Snakewater, its one of my favorite maps. Follower, Process, and Antiquity are all great as well. We really should play more custom maps, there are some excellent ones I enjoy much more than the standard rotation.

*9 doms*

Aww yiss

Damn, nice.

Collete

All this time. I was wondering who you were on steam.

Mind blown.

Perhaps.

I said some time ago who I was on the thread but not everyone noticed.
It's cool though since I don't really post much here.
I never really have anything productive to say <_<

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The first of the 3 rockets reloads faster compared to the subsequent ones and compared to the rest of the launchers. I guess it's one of those hidden weapon stats they don't have in the description.
I don't expect that shit since not a lot of players use it. Will have to keep that in mind because it reloads fast and shoots fast.

Still a gimped weapon.

The first of the 3 rockets reloads faster compared to the subsequent ones and compared to the rest of the launchers. I guess it's one of those hidden weapon stats they don't have in the description.

It's a pain in the ass, to fight as a pyro or a scoot because of the reload time of that initial rocket, but generally the Vaccinator is worse as far as fights go when playing as a pyro.(It's one of the reasons why I usually go shotgun instead of Flaregun)

Sianos

Hell the reload speed on that stupid bazooka has really changed.

Nope, it's always been that way. It's just not synced with the reload animation, so most people hold the rocket until it plays all the way through, then release. It really is in as soon as the Soldier taps the launcher.

The overload jump is even better: you only take 40 or so damage on each "pulse", and it sends you very high and very fast with three rockets ready to be released in a barrage.

It has weaknesses: losing your precise aim and airshots hurts the most for me. Beyond that advanced rocket jumping is more difficult, but this is a trade off for the overload bomb. I treat it as speed versus agility: you go faster and higher, don't have to worry about running out of rockets in a chain jump, and have three rockets at the ready. But, your motion becomes more predictable, it's harder to strafe and make tight movements, and it costs quite a bit more health, especially if you chain multiple together.

Bluth54

Agreed. I don't know why everyone was up in arms over snakewater earlier, I really like snakewater. We could really expand our 5CP repertoire. Seems the only 5CP maps we play anymore are Foundry, Warm/Coldfront, and Granary. We could use some more Process, Antiquity, and maybe Indulge.

Also, we should try koth_quarry. It's pretty good.

I must say, I really enjoyed Quarry. I really liked how vertical it is compared to other TF2 maps. Hopefully we play it some more in the future.

Woobie

I haven't gotten the chance to use that 3-burst rocket launcher. Is it any good?

Good: 3 rockets at once for bombing, really long rocket jumps with gunboats
Bad: Can't jump away as fast(reduced survivability), HUGE rocket spread, harder to use against fast moving classes(jumping demos/soldiers, and scouts)

Like most weapon drops it is a niche weapon but it can be a lot of fun if all you want to do it bomb.

I still think bombing with the regular rocket launcher is better because you can jump, shoot two rockets on your way down, and then get out with the 4th rocket. The two rockets will kill medics/most classes and if you mess up you can always jump out and try again like a true annoying roamer.

Forkball

I haven't gotten the chance to use that 3-burst rocket launcher. Is it any good?

It's good if you're holed up in a defensive position. I like using it when defending the last point of Gorge. But rocket jumping is really hard with it so it is nowhere near as versatile as the other launchers.

Top Bottom