• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

It seems like the Tux straps around the belt, and doesn't float or go on the shoulder.
22CWx

called it

Oreoleo

hey guys remember that time we played turbine pro and instead of downloading the map for everyone we all got kicked

good times!

ps happy valentines day tf2-gaf <3

Jessica-Heart-edited.gif

PPS yeef this map rotation needs a little work

SERVER STUFF

• On Tuesdays, each class will be limited to 2.
  • On Thursdays, map voting will be disabled. The rotation is set up like this:
    • Tier 1 Map (your high towers and badwaters and other popular maps on the server)
    • Tier 2 Map (your less popular, but still liked maps)
    • Tier 1 Map
    • Tier 2 Map
    • Miscellaneous Map (Mostly custom maps, but I also threw degroot and Thunder Mountain in there).
    • [Back to start at first Tier 1]
  • These experiments will go on for at least 3 weeks. They may be extended or cut afterward depending on response.
[/LIST]

It was ok, it's definitely going to take some adjusting to.

Also I know everyone complains about Critz, and I thought they used to be off every other day, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case...

Yeef

I thought I'd just ignore the Tux thing, but that demo style is too cool for that.

hey guys remember that time we played turbine pro and instead of downloading the map for everyone we all got kicked

good times!

ps happy valentines day tf2-gaf <3

Jessica-Heart-edited.gif

PPS yeef this map rotation needs a little work
[Insert lie about accidentally setting rotation for the day of the week I know I'm not around]

It was ok, it's definitely going to take some adjusting to.

Also I know everyone complains about Critz, and I thought they used to be off every other day, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case...
Crits were off yesterday.

Crits are off Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; but it goes by Chicago time. So when it's midnight (or later) in Chicago on Wednesday, for example, crits will be enabled.

Crits are off Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; but it goes by Chicago time. So when it's midnight (or later) in Chicago on Wednesday, for example, crits will be enabled.

I'm preeeetty sure crits were on yesterday. You should turn them off entirely just to be sure.

Proven

I thought I'd just ignore the Tux thing, but that demo style is too cool for that.

[Insert lie about accidentally setting rotation for the day of the week I know I'm not around]

Crits were off yesterday.

I'm going to forget this and end up only playing on crit days.

Wait, the crit days are your new rotation algorithm test days!

Getting Tux was pathetically easy. I didn't even have to start a round; just booting up to the title screen sufficed, as he was silently placed in my backpack.

Getting Tux was pathetically easy. I didn't even have to start a round; just booting up to the title screen sufficed, as he was silently placed in my backpack.
If by pathetically easy you mean happen to have the right hardware configurations so the game even runs, then yes. It is pathetically easy.

Meh. If you have a recent version of VMWare Workstation, all that other work is completely unnecessary.

1.) download ISO

2.) select new Virtual Machine in VMWare and point to ISO.

3.) select location to store the VM and make a password.

4.) wait 15 minutes

5.) Install Steam and download TF2.

I mean, that's it. No further work required. Running VMWare Workstation 9.0.1 if anyone prefers to do this the easiest possible way.

*shrug* Same hardware configuration I had on Windows. Trickiest part was getting the AMD drivers set up correctly, although I just upgraded them last night without too much fuss. (Haven't tried them out, yet, though, to see if anti-aliasing is not-shit; last time I'd tried, having even the lowest amount of AA enabled rendered the game unplayably choppy.)

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, guess it's time to start the stupidly long download of TF2 on my FTL machine netbook and then run it once in text mode. :p

^So yeah, I just tried loading up TF2 (running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) and it worked. I didn't even have to actually run the game (got the typical OpenGL error since this thing doesn't even have a graphics card, haha) and the penguin appeared in my inventory.

Collete

Let's get a kickstarter and get Zeke and fatcat the shot at true love.

Let's do a kickstarter to get Zeke a more fashionable outfit as well.

Meh. If you have a recent version of VMWare Workstation, all that other work is completely unnecessary.

1.) download ISO

2.) select new Virtual Machine in VMWare and point to ISO.

3.) select location to store the VM and make a password.

4.) wait 15 minutes

5.) Install Steam and download TF2.

I mean, that's it. No further work required. Running VMWare Workstation 9.0.1 if anyone prefers to do this the easiest possible way.

I was doing that last night, but it kept giving me an error that Compiz couldn't launch and an error occurred.
I don't know, gotta search up sometime today about it I suppose.

Yeef

Tonight was boring. I played for like 2 or three maps.

And you can quote me on that!

Really, quote me. I want to see this new feature in action!

Yeef

The server is setup for the Ready Steady Pan(?) match tonight. To any admins on the team: make sure you change the map back to 5gorge just before the game starts, otherwise the demo file will be nine years long.

Sianos

I run for admin on the policy of free drugs for all! Vote Quote 2013!

Congrats Wobs! <3

Also Gogo, why are you using the sixes scoreboard outside of sixes? :U

Blizzard

Banned
I joined last night after not playing in forever, to test out my new penguin. I think I was on the winning team each map which is great, but it was kind of funny because:

1. After not playing in forever, the first full map that came up like 2 minutes after I joined was hightower.

2. Not only was it hightower, but apparently the timer system is now broken, so it is hightower with no time limit, instead of the old 25+ minute time limit that still did not end the map early, so apparently that meant at minimum two full hightower rounds with no time restrictions.

Also I'm glad little miss gogo killed dog because I only ever managed to shoot him once. :(

Collete

I'm just going to try to boot Linux on two other laptops today and we'll see how this goes...

Edit: holy crap TF2 is actually downloading on the W7 laptop! *fingers cross it will actually launch*

Top Bottom