• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

Today is my birthday. Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

image.php

Bioshock Infinite is getting TF2 items if enough pre-orders are met.

Vox Diabolus
With this Vox Populi anarchist mask, you can terrify your enemies into thinking you're the Devil Himself, or worse, a protestor. Either way, they're probably going to avoid you at the entrance to the supermarket when you try to get them to sign something.

The Pounding Father
Heavy cannot tell lie. Heavy is first President of United States. Of crushing little baby men.

Blind Justice
Want to command respect from people standing at an indeterminate distance from your immediate right? Bolt on a platinum Pinkerton badge and experience the thrill for yourself!

The Person in the Iron Mask
Turkey? Chicken? Game hens? Your head? This cast iron poultry furnace will smoke anything placed inside it.

The Doe-Boy
Protect the important thoughts in your head -- ones like "liberty" and "freedom" and "democracy" -- with good, honest, hat-shaped American steel. This helmet won't run (until heated to 2500°F)!

The Sydney Straw Boat
Throw this hat on the ground to express rage, or in the air to express joy! Take a hat-based trip through time to learn how your great grandparents displayed emotions in the days before emoticons!

The Steel Songbird
It gets pretty quiet in that sniper's nest. Why not treat yourself to the haunting rhythmic symphony of bolts being constantly pooped by this mute, easily terrified incontinent bird?

bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg

Yeef

Just tried the beta (which is updated to SteamPipe). The game loads so much faster. I'd say probably about 5 or 6 times as fast. Same goes for loading maps and connecting to servers.

Smithy C

Got votekicked from a 24/7 Harvest server for playing gunslinger+pomson in response to a player on the other team playing gunslinger+pomson poorly. I got called so many homophobic slurs. Sometimes I hate the TF2 community.

Got votekicked from a 24/7 Harvest server for playing gunslinger+pomson in response to a player on the other team playing gunslinger+pomson poorly. I got called so many homophobic slurs. Sometimes I hate the TF2 community.

You should be playing something that counters Gunslinger and Pomson if you want to annoy the other Engineer, not copying him. Sydney Sleeper preferably, or Machina. As long as it involves bodyshots.

Blizzard

Banned
Just tried the beta (which is updated to SteamPipe). The game loads so much faster. I'd say probably about 5 or 6 times as fast. Same goes for loading maps and connecting to servers.
Someone was saying the performance is much better in Linux now too, maybe equal to or even better than Windows?

Haha, I'm not sure if you're trying to elicit sympathy or make us angry and cause us all to complain about how much we hate minis...

Someone was saying the performance is much better in Linux now too, maybe equal to or even better than Windows?

And the Debate Rages on...

The Red Tape Recorder is finally fixed and every building downgrades at the proper rates. Perhaps it will balanced now?

Now if only they could fix the broken bazooka...

Yeef

I'd love for them to do a huge rebalancing patch where they nerfed some items (escape plan, wrangler, minis, etc.) and buffed some others (Kunai, winger, volcano fragment, etc) so that all were about equal.

Also, give heavy his old spin-up back (same as current natascha), but let him keep his current revved walk speed.

I'd love for them to do a huge rebalancing patch where they nerfed some items (escape plan, wrangler, minis, etc.) and buffed some others (Kunai, winger, volcano fragment, etc) so that all were about equal.

Also, give heavy his old spin-up back (same as current natascha), but let him keep his current revved walk speed.

I agree. After they do that, they should flood the market with user submitted weapons, maps and hats just to break the game again...

Woobie

i think medics need 250 health and increased speed
as well as one hit kills with any weapon
valve really needs to learn to balance
..or maybe i just want my class to get some advantages (COUGH, INSINUATING COUGH)

Also minis are fine in terms of balance against a team with varied classes. A team of 5 scouts(as many of our games begin) will surely rage against 1 opposing mini.

Valve just releases new weapons to keep the game fresh, most unlockable weapons are purely niche and are only overpowered if you let them be. Except the old equalizer, that thing was pure OP gold.

Proven

I feel for you.
i think medics need 250 health and increased speed
as well as one hit kills with any weapon
valve really needs to learn to balance
..or maybe i just want my class to get some advantages (COUGH, INSINUATING COUGH)

Also minis are fine in terms of balance against a team with varied classes. A team of 5 scouts(as many of our games begin) will surely rage against 1 opposing mini.

Valve just releases new weapons to keep the game fresh, most unlockable weapons are purely niche and are only overpowered if you let them be. Except the old equalizer, that thing was pure OP gold.

Not to mention that a team of five Scouts, if there isn't an Engineer on the other team to keep them in check, will make half of the other classes in the game rage (Pyro, Medic, Sniper, Spy). It's not like Engineer isn't the only class that can keep an area locked down from multiple people. Snipers also own open spaces, and both Demoman and Heavy rock chokes.

Medic, Engineer, Pyro. Three out of my four most played classes. All of which use mechanics that hurt or heal over time. They're the only reason I started playing TF2. I'd prefer if nobody touched them, or the reason I kept playing for another thousand hours, mini sentries.

I don't see anything "fine" about mini sentries. The hitbox is miniscule, it costs only 100 metal, the stupid thing repairs itself as it builds which basically doubles its health and prevents anyone but soldier and demo from destroying it in a timely manner, it tracks faster than a level 1, it has knockback.

Yeef

The problem with minis (and heavies) is the disparity in effort required to deal with them. Plopping out minis and shooting people so easy that pretty much anyone can do well at it with basically no effort. On the other side, dealing with minis isn't hard, but it does take a good amount of effort to do so, and all that work is negated by a single button press.

Also, mini sentries have super tiny hit boxes and damage they take while building is auto-healed once they're fully deployed.

The problem with minis (and heavies) is the disparity in effort required to deal with them. Plopping out minis and shooting people so easy that pretty much anyone can do well at it with basically no effort. On the other side, dealing with minis isn't hard, but it does take a good amount of effort to do so, and all that work is negated by a single button press.

Also, mini sentries have super tiny hit boxes and damage they take while building is auto-healed once they're fully deployed.
I can attest to how little effort is needed to just poop 'em out and attack dudes from two directions. It has some mediocre DPS but its range, pushback and accuracy combined with its spammability really makes it a nuisance.

It also sucks as say, soldier, to have to waste your entire clip with two rockets on the sentry and another two on the engie. I mean sure you could just go to shotgun to the engie if you want to reserve but I always felt it required a bit too much ammo to take out both in an encounter.

Blizzard

Banned
I think scouts are maybe one of the worst/most annoying classes in the game, and they require too much effort try to get rid of, especially if there are 5 of them. Now if there is only 1 or 2 scouts per team and the players aren't very good then that is more reasonable.

I think scouts are maybe one of the worst/most annoying classes in the game, and they require too much effort try to get rid of, especially if there are 5 of them. Now if there is only 1 or 2 scouts per team and the players aren't very good then that is more reasonable.

Do you actually know how much effort it takes to stay alive and also be doing damage as scout?

Plus scouts don't do splash damage and don't do much to counter normal sentries.

You mean TF3?

Sianos

Scouts are fragile, rarely get buffed in pubs, and less experienced ones tend to move predictably.

I can deal with most Scouts with the Bazooka, which has spread meaning almost no airshots and fires in slower intervals than a loaded stock clip. Scouts are generally much easier to deal with than say a Heavy and takes more effort to boot.

Good Scouts are annoying, but that's because they're A. better than me and B. my gun of choice isn't as effective 1v1 with a Scout.

Focus on learning how a Scout moves, pay attention and don't let yourself be ambushed, and don't overextend and make yourself easy prey.

meh so all of my 32 player goldrush servers are gone (sourceop, nemu, skial) I think tf2 is finally dead for me.

I tried lotus and no heros but my god how they are able to operate a keyboard and maintain a body temperature somewhere in the 90s amazes me.

meh so all of my 32 player goldrush servers are gone (sourceop, nemu, skial) I think tf2 is finally dead for me.

I tried lotus and no heros but my god how they are able to operate a keyboard and maintain a body temperature somewhere in the 90s amazes me.
32 player servers? Why would you do that to yourself man?

L00P

I only find mini-sentries annoying when I play scout or pyro in koth. I figured that the best way to counter them is to have a huntsman sniper on the lookout for minis in your team. One arrow should break the sentry if you can aim. Best-case scenario is that the engies will switch to other classes.

Worst-case scenario is the server will be flooded with more huntsman snipers

Top Bottom