• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Proven

Our pan match was livecasted earlier today. It was hein's team and we rolled them pretty badly. It's here if anyone wants to see it: http://www.twitch.tv/simsaro/b/374657914

"These guys are from Neogaf. They must be bad."
Nice.

won 3 hats on the Fully Charged podcast, heh

Got to choose from like twenty different hats. Picked Hat With No Name, Soldier's Slope Scopers and The Virtual Reality headset. Already had everything else.

Bum.

23/male/looking4female/single/plays scout

Likes long walks on the beach, traveling, and having fun. Looking for that special someone. Please like pina colodas.

Proven

*hop on TF2, go to one of my fav servers*

*hop on blue team offense, 3 engis, two snipers, two spies*

*hops off TF2*

nope.avi

Show up to a Jank night early.

Only 8-12 of us on Harvest. Meaning most will be Scout/Soldier/Demo with a few Sniper/Spy.

One of three happens:
  • Want to play Medic. Want to do some heals, help push the point, maybe get off a quick fix or kritz charge. Get constantly picked off at a distance.
  • Want to play Pyro. Kill some of the Spies. Have flaregun fun. Maybe get a reflect kill if not too rusty. Get constantly picked off from a distance.
  • Want to play Engineer. Realizes that everyone will focus him down or pick him off from a distance. Don't want to give any extra reasons for Spies to feel like they should exist either.

Log off, maybe play some GW2 or read something.

My issue is that anything under 8v8 for me just feels too try-hard. I don't want to play TF2 seriously enough anymore. Just have big team battles with instances of genuine teamwork and screaming at the other team for attempting to dominate me. It makes me understand why people find healer/tank/dps setups in MMO to be simple and calming. But GW2 doesn't have much of that so it takes up all of my try-hard action gaming energy. I still prefer joining the Jank too because you guys are the only ones I trust to listen to voice chat and cover my back.

I quit the game for about a year, just because I was so sick of the Spy class being so inconsistent and luck-based. You can have the best routes in mind, know all the blind spots and choke points, but if random Pyro fire or a fuckin' crit rocket explodes within one kilometer of my position or a million other situations I can't plan for, welp.

Proven

HA! I'M RIGHT ON TIME FOR SOMETHING FOR ONCE!

Unfortunately, there's also the Heart of the Swarm launch event streams I've been watching...

...I can break for an hour.

Edit1: Ha! You guys lost the first round.

Edit2: The moment I realize this is a recording, 11:19 EDT.

Edit3: As usual, the commentary misses a bunch of little stuff you could catch if you just watched the kill feed.

Edit4: Example, to win the round before half the Demo made a pipe or two against two guys to keep the point uncapped right after his teammates were jumped. I clapped.

Edit5: GG. You guys did good. Everyone had at least one awesome moment. Except for maybe the Engy. Maybe I should play more.

Sianos

It was quite the excellent match, everyone played well and it ended very close, 4-3 in our favor.

Good work, everyone that's not Quote. \o/

Beeeeear, I gave you a special shoutout and everything! :(

If only the server we were using didn't break the logs, then I could see how many medic picks I got! Snacks, Snake, and I got quite a few.

HA! I'M RIGHT ON TIME FOR SOMETHING FOR ONCE!

Unfortunately, there's also the Heart of the Swarm launch event streams I've been watching...

...I can break for an hour.

Edit1: Ha! You guys lost the first round.

Edit2: The moment I realize this is a recording, 11:19 EDT.

Edit3: As usual, the commentary misses a bunch of little stuff you could catch if you just watched the kill feed.

Edit4: Example, to win the round before half the Demo made a pipe or two against two guys to keep the point uncapped right after his teammates were jumped. I clapped.

Edit5: GG. You guys did good. Everyone had at least one awesome moment. Except for maybe the Engy. Maybe I should play more.
Yeah, with Highlander a lot of the time such moments are overlooked.

Wags had a big moment when he body blocked a Kritzing Medic and in tandem with me dropped him mid Kritz. He played very well throughout the whole match, as always.

Alienups

- Unlocked the "What's in the Portal 2 Soundtrack Box?"
- Added new promo Items
- Removed Salvage Crate #40, Crate #49 and Crate #54 from the drop list
- Added Salvage Crate #50, Crate #56, and Crate #57 to the drop list
- Updated the localization files

Strange Part: Medics killed was added too. It'd be cool if the new salvaged crate had a strange beggar's bazooka in it that way quote could put the medics killed part on it and use it in highla... oh... too soon?

EDIT:

Crate #50: •Strange Bacon Grease (can turn Frying Pan into Strange Frying Pan)
•Strange Build Tool
•Strange The Original
•Strange Invisibility Watch
•Strange Splendid Screen
Create #56:
•Strange Fire Ax
•Strange Flying Guillotine
•Strange The Beggar's Bazooka
•Strange Part: Medics Killed
•Strange Part: Tanks Destroyed
•Strange Part: Long-Distance Kills
•Western Wear
•Modest Pile of Hat

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chanser

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1253351&p=39893169&viewfull=1#post39893169

i5kykh8xvexNJ.jpg
iSYJBBWxU68Ya.jpg

Top Bottom