• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

ZGFqa.png

why blizzard

also I'd hardly call that spamming. you muffins get your undies in a bunch over announcements too fast.

Collete

I laughed too much at this, sorry.

So last weekend I'm playing TF2 and I get a random hat drop:

and I'm playing today and get another hat drop:

It's weird, this isn't the first time I've gotten 2 hat drops within a week or two after going for months without one.

At least you got good looking hats. The other week I got a dead cone...Who wants a plastic traffic stopper?! (zombies I know but still...)

Bluth54

I've usually been pretty lucky with hat drops when I get them.

The only time I've ever really felt unlucky was right after the Halloween update last year. I bought a Sir Hootsalot from the store to support Ned Ballard and then the next day I got one in a random drop. I was somewhat unhappy. I still have both of them. I'm not sure what to do with my extra. Maybe I will trade him for something else.

Collete

I've usually been pretty lucky with hat drops when I get them.

The only time I've ever really felt unlucky was right after the Halloween update last year. I bought a Sir Hootsalot from the store to support Ned Ballard and then the next day I got one in a random drop. I was somewhat unhappy. I still have both of them. I'm not sure what to do with my extra. Maybe I will trade him for something else.

Nah, they're brothers now. If you tear them apart, they'll curse your hat dropping luck and you will never see another hat drop again...
...Or just sell it for a key or something!

Artistdude Defying the laws of Arrow-Stabbing

Blizzard

Banned
Since I'm sure all of you preordered an Oculus Rift like me, there are threads now lurking on the gaming side about how it will come with an Oculus-themed hat and TF2 support.

Virtual reality rocket jumping away!

Grief.exe

Anyone got any Scout hats/misc items for trade?

JaseC gave me a couple of hats to work with.

I got Tribal Bones, Ninja Cowl, and Grenadier Helm.

I just got back into the game after years of absence and trying to dress up my favorite class.

This is probably obvious to everybody, but I just love the way TF2 looks, aesthetically. Even with all the damn hats and accessories and shit. I see a picture of one of the classes, and I just want to play the game again.

then I hop on a server with 3 spies and two snipers, while red team has 4 engis turtling up Dustbowl, and then I log off and say, "Fuck this game"

Collete

This is probably obvious to everybody, but I just love the way TF2 looks, aesthetically. Even with all the damn hats and accessories and shit. I see a picture of one of the classes, and I just want to play the game again.

then I hop on a server with 3 spies and two snipers, while red team has 4 engis turtling up Dustbowl, and then I log off and say, "Fuck this game"

The day crowd is usually not that good depending on the server. Don't go to the 24/7 "X map" type of servers during the day (or in general if you're that stubborn) and other servers should be reserved to night. That's usually when the people that aren't under 10 play the game anyways. From what I observed anyhow.

Grief.exe

Ok guys. So I want to clothe my scout. I am basically new to the game since I only played a little bit before it went F2P.

Should I do 3x Refined for a random headgear, hope I get lucky, and trade for what I want?

Or

4x Refined + Scout token for Random Scout Headgear.

Or

Just trade my refined and other items for what I want?

My current items for trade are:
2x Refined
2x Recaimed
Ghastlieriest Gibus
2xEllis' Cap
Frying Pan
Tribal Bones
Grenaider Helm
Void Monk Hair
Ninja Cowl
Respectless Rubber Glove

I also have Bioshock Infinite and Don't Starve preorder items.

Citizens of the Jank!

I will be on Hiatus for about two weeks, as I visit various places on the fabled east coast! I may be able to respond on Forum but you will not see nor hear me on the Jank.

Be strong in my Absence, I will return eventually...

Alienups

Since I'm sure all of you preordered an Oculus Rift like me, there are threads now lurking on the gaming side about how it will come with an Oculus-themed hat and TF2 support.

Virtual reality rocket jumping away!

The hat could end up paying for a large portion of the cost of the rift itself.

But i don't know how limited the pre-orders and stuff were etc

TxdoHawk

The hat could end up paying for a large portion of the cost of the rift itself.

But i don't know how limited the pre-orders and stuff were etc

According to this post, apparently Kickstarter backers (at all levels apparently, so even Kickstarter people who didn't order a Rift?) + anyone who pre-orders a Rift before 4/1 will get a code.

So, one must ask:

- How many speculators are willing to put up $300?
- How many of those Kickstarter codes will actually be redeemed?

I think the people who anticipate paying for their Rift with the hat are crazy, but who even knows.

Edit: I am so dumb. Why am I so dumb? I blacked out three digits by the way, so looks like there are lots and lots of pre-orders.

EfeCdFH.jpg

Gav47

"Valve has generously donated these fashionable Rift hats to the Oculus developer community. If you backed the Kickstarter campaign at any level, or if you pre-ordered a Rift development kit from our website before April 1, 2013, (and haven't refunded/canceled your pledge/order) you'll receive a code to redeem your very own TF2 Oculus dev kit hat.

Going off of the kick starter page that would make for about 8500 hats + whatever preorders they have picked up which I can see being quite a few given how much coverage they got at E3 and CES.

I doubt this thing will be that rare, unless the community goes ga-ga for it.

Alienups

- Added support for running VR mode on the Oculus Rift
- Fixed a server crash related to game stats
- Fixed custom paint not showing in the tool tip when you mouse-over an item in your backpack
- Fixed the Spy not holding sappers correctly in third person
- Fixed a bug where sentries would not rotate to face their target under some circumstances
- Fixed a scoreboard bug where domination count was reduced by 2 when a dominated player left the server
- Fixed the Fists of Steel not reducing damage from ranged weapons that use energy rings
- Fixed the death notice icon for the Eureka Effect
- Fixed the Neon Annihilator sometimes floating in the world after death
- Fixes for strange parts:
- The Big Earner can no longer accept Long-Distance Kills strange parts
- The Festive Grenade Launcher can now accept Critical Kills strange parts
- The Neon Annihilator can now accept Sappers Destroyed strange parts
- Removed some description text from the Manmelter that incorrectly stated its projectiles could not be deflected
- Updated the Blind Justice so it can be equipped with other misc-slot items on the Demoman's face
- Updated the backpack image for the Upgrade to Premium Gift item
- Updated Mann Vs. Machine
- Fixed the boss health bar sometimes disappearing
- Fixed the uber Medics in Wave 4 of the Broken Parts mission charging at the incorrect rate
- Updated the localization files

Grief.exe

So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

BTgLOS6.png

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Guys, I know this might have been asked thousand of times but still - how can I sell my hats/items? Do I have to just push "Sell" in my inventory, set the price and then a random person buys it? Is that all?

Blizzard

Banned
According to this post, apparently Kickstarter backers (at all levels apparently, so even Kickstarter people who didn't order a Rift?) + anyone who pre-orders a Rift before 4/1 will get a code.

So, one must ask:

- How many speculators are willing to put up $300?
- How many of those Kickstarter codes will actually be redeemed?

I think the people who anticipate paying for their Rift with the hat are crazy, but who even knows.

Edit: I am so dumb. Why am I so dumb? I blacked out three digits by the way, so looks like there are lots and lots of pre-orders.
If what I was reading was correct, they jumped to the 40,000 range from some lower range, so there may actually be many fewer orders for all I know.

Collete

So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

Well...at least your fashion statement makes more sense than Zeke's.

Top Bottom