• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Be quiet Pinkie.

pink is a lifestyle choice, thank you, and a glorious one at that.

BASK IN IT! BASK IN MY MAGNIFICENT RADIANT GLOW!

kPy96.gif

Grief.exe

Seeing Zeke's scout gave me some inspiration.

You have to have matching colors or else it turns into a mess.

Two Words: Australium Gold

Here is the problem though, I think I have to drop the Cross-Com Hat.

The painted eyepiece of the cross-com is behind the 'team color' of the shades.

Will look real strange I think.

So

Sianos

I'd say run the gold Hermes along with the wings, they thematically go together (Hermes and his winged sandals). Complete the theme with gold shoes of your choice. The key to creating a great TF2 loadout is to have a theme in mind and choose creative but fitting items.

Shame the wings can't be painted to a color beyond default Zeke's Piss, or I'd run them alongside my own Hermes.

Grief.exe

Anyone looking for a Resurrection Associate Pin?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Resurrection_Associate_Pin

Spreadsheet says its worth a lot, but there are only low ball offers on TF2 Outpost. Any advice?

I'd say run the gold Hermes along with the wings, they thematically go together (Hermes and his winged sandals). Complete the theme with gold shoes of your choice. The key to creating a great TF2 loadout is to have a theme in mind and choose creative but fitting items.

Shame the wings can't be painted to a color beyond default Zeke's Piss, or I'd run them alongside my own Hermes.

IDK, I love those shades. Just look at this picture

I'm really surprised Valve hasn't made boots a separate category from Misc.

More slots mean more potential item sales. It could have something to do with available memory though.

Sianos

If you really like the shades, try and build the rest of the loadout around them.

Two ideas could be either running them with the Backwards Ball Cap and Boston Boom-bringer or going for a Zombies Ate My Neighbors look with Yellow Crafty Hair and Spooky Sleeves.

shoes are pretty important plus scout has a good selection. though really let your scout look as ridiculous as possible as long as it pleases you.

I'd say the front runner if you insist on not using cross-com. scoot has super kawaii hair. don't hide it.

Sianos

shoes are pretty important plus scout has a good selection. though really let your scout look as ridiculous as possible as long as it pleases you.

I'd say the front runner if you insist on not using cross-com. scoot has super kawaii hair. don't hide it.

Since I'm constructing loadouts:

Painted_Hero%27s_Tail_7D4071_Pigmentation_Gained.png
+
Painted_Spooky_Shoes_7D4071.png
+
Painted_Spooky_Sleeves_7D4071.png
= THEMING MOTHERFUCKER

Violet also works, but looks a little more drab in my opinion.

Use alongside the Three Rune Blade for the best effect and glorious Basher Jumps.

Grief.exe

Key word has to be ridiculous.

Wings and Shades aren't going anywhere :)

Anyone have a Front Runner that they are willing to loan me?

I want to see how it would look with the shades. I already traded for the Hermes.

I can let you have a REF to hold onto as collateral if you don't trust me.

TxdoHawk

If what I was reading was correct, they jumped to the 40,000 range from some lower range, so there may actually be many fewer orders for all I know.

Thanks for the info. I don't even want to imagine what the wait time would've been if there were actually 47,000-ish orders ahead of me.

Grief.exe

Well, I've learned a real tough lesson.

You have to be very careful about what you smelt, you can easily ruin a REF metal and make it un-tradable.

I can't break them back down and find the piece of metal that originally caused it to become untradable, since it just labels them all as untradable.

This is depressing :( and on my bday too

Sianos

Well, I've learned a real tough lesson.

You have to be very careful about what you smelt, you can easily ruin a REF metal and make it un-tradable.

I can't break them back down and find the piece of metal that originally caused it to become untradable, since it just labels them all as untradable.

This is depressing :( and on my bday too

I'll send you over a ref as a birthday gift. Just add me at NSQuote. :)

Grief.exe

I'll send you over a ref as a birthday gift. Just add me at NSQuote. :)

Yay! I'll add ya

Looks like Australium Gold is back on! That's what I was sad about, I was coming up short for the paint.

The Non-Tradable Refined isn't all bad though, I can craft it into weapons I don't have for other classes.

If I ever receive duplicates I can smelt those since the resulting metal will be tradable, and keep the untradable weapons I crafted.

Bluth54

IDK, I love those shades. Just look at this picture

I'm really surprised Valve hasn't made boots a separate category from Misc.

More slots mean more potential item sales. It could have something to do with available memory though.

Yeah I recently bought those 3D glasses from TF2 warehouse since they look really cool and I had some extra credits on the site. They look great.

Also I believe the reason they don't have a dedicated boots slot is for a number of reasons.

One is that they would probably have to add boots/shoes as a new bodygroup to all the models. While bodygroups aren't required it would make it easier since it basically makes part of the model invisible and lets you put in something different in that spot. From what I understand adding bodygroups causes worse performance and Valve doesn't seem to be interested in adding more bodygroups. There are some obvious ones that they should add, like boots/shoes for all classes and glasses for the sniper.

You can look at a list of the current body groups here.

Also adding more Misc slots would likely cause problems. The game had tons of problems with crashing and it took a very long time for Valve to fix the game after they added the second misc slot. I really doubt Valve will ever add another misc slot.

Grief.exe

Holy shit

I just try to make my loadouts look like alternate costumes for the classes rather than jamming shit together. How exciting.

Just jam it in

I like that.

Yeah I recently bought those 3D glasses from TF2 warehouse since they look really cool and I had some extra credits on the site. They look great.

Also I believe the reason they don't have a dedicated boots slot is for a number of reasons.

One is that they would probably have to add boots/shoes as a new bodygroup to all the models. While bodygroups aren't required it would make it easier since it basically makes part of the model invisible and lets you put in something different in that spot. From what I understand adding bodygroups causes worse performance and Valve doesn't seem to be interested in adding more bodygroups. There are some obvious ones that they should add, like boots/shoes for all classes and glasses for the sniper.

You can look at a list of the current body groups here.

Also adding more Misc slots would likely cause problems. The game had tons of problems with crashing and it took a very long time for Valve to fix the game after they added the second misc slot. I really doubt Valve will ever add another misc slot.

This is what I was thinking would happen.

Adding in another slot like that would cause potential memory issues and crashes.

Sianos

I'm glad to see new people taking interest in TF2, I'll put together a basic advice post later, going over the concepts of class roles, when to push and fall back, and the like. The basics of strategy that make you so much more effective.

Positioning and timing, "game sense", is more important than class skill in my opinion. Just keep playing and you'll pick up the mechanics.

Kard8p3

I'm glad to see new people taking interest in TF2, I'll put together a basic advice post later, going over the concepts of class roles, when to push and fall back, and the like. The basics of strategy that make you so much more effective.

Positioning and timing, "game sense", is more important than class skill in my opinion. Just keep playing and you'll pick up the mechanics.

Thank you! That would be awesome!! and I plan to keep playing! These game is addicting, even when I'm not that great. I tried out spy for a few rounds, didn't do as bad as I was expecting, plan to try Medic at some point.

Grief.exe

Just started playing TF2...
I suck so bad with kb/m :(
I just want to be good with scout >_<

I would stick with an easier class than. I've noticed that scout takes quite a lot of skill with kb/m control.
I would play another class like Pyro, Medic, Heavy, or Soldier. They seem to have much less reliance on good aim.
I see Pyros just hold left click and turn around in circles trying to kill me or other players. The good ones do have excellent aim though.

Make sure you have Mouse Acceleration turned off: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Keep your sensitivity consistent across games: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502848&highlight=

A flash game I like to play to practice my aiming: http://www.k2xl.com/games/reaction/shoot/

That would be awesome!

Pyro wouldn't be a good choice. A lot of new players just want to BURN THINGS, think pyro is all about running in to set people on fire and then dying, and never bother to learn more about the game, let alone the class they're playing. Soldier is a better idea.

Sianos

Happy brrrtday, Assy! <3

you guys are looking forward to advice from NSQuote?

oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLASSYPENGUIN!

NSQuote's simple 3 step process:
1. Only play scout
2. Complain endlessly
3. Switch to soldier because you have no skill
Hahaha, my complaints are merely drunken/exasperated forms of advice. Besides, you know I'm generally right in my agitation.

I only play Soldier so I can do fancy rocket jumps, making me the antithesis to Fallengorn. Shoong feet and getting kills just gives me more freedom to jump.

As Snacks said, people playing Pyro can get caught up in the mentality of suicide rushnd learn nothing. When played properly you can adopt different roles and support in a multitude of roles. Airblasting is very powerful and allows you to control enemy movement, stall ubercharges, and deflect spam. If you're new to the basic gameplay of TF2 I recommend Soldier as well. Its easy to grasp the basics but has a very high skill ceiling for positioning and death match skills.

I'll finish typing up my advice later and hopefully will be here to celebrate Classy's birthday! <3

Top Bottom