• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

TxdoHawk

Valve wasn't foolin': Today's patch contains two Reddit-themed hats. Pictures here.

Edit: I'm wondering if a 4chan hat would be more or less reviled...there's always next April Fools', I suppose.

G7UWo.gif

OG Kush

hey people anyway to play tf2 like it was back when it launched? no hats and crazy weapons? some vanilla settings or something?

hey people anyway to play tf2 like it was back when it launched? no hats and crazy weapons? some vanilla settings or something?

There are indeed vanilla servers.

They shouldn't be too hard to find with the server browser unless all of a sudden they went out of vogue, but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

Every time I get on the Jank server, I feel like I'm the worst TF2 player of all-time.

Then I go to 90% of the pubs and end up in the top 3 and think, "Either these guys all suck, or Jank regulars are GODLIKE"

they're a lot of bad TF2 players out there. Dudes that build teleporters to the last fuckin' payload spot to set up Sentry nest and shit

Collete

Every time I get on the Jank server, I feel like I'm the worst TF2 player of all-time.

Then I go to 90% of the pubs and end up in the top 3 and think, "Either these guys all suck, or Jank regulars are GODLIKE"

they're a lot of bad TF2 players out there. Dudes that build teleporters to the last fuckin' payload spot to set up Sentry nest and shit

When that happens, it's more often or not the teams are stacked, and Zeke and Dog are being mass serial killers. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, I'm the most shameless bodyshotting sniper in the game today. If it's not a Heavy or a Soldier, I don't even aim for the head most of the time. Machina all day.

hate meeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, I got a few decent servers in my favs, NO HEROES, ATF(when's it's up), TrashedGamers, but I could always use more. When they're empty, sometimes I have to settle for 24/7 TURBINE, 80 mins of stalemates and deathmatch palooza, with dudes asking how to zoom in with the revolver

Blizzard

Banned
Remember that time Spaceboy said he'd retire if red team held the last barnblitz point for 7 minutes? And then admin slayed the entire other team so that blue won because no one on red found the slay command quickly enough?

That was the best. I demand 50% retirement in compensation.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried using the Razer Hydra (double nunchuk motion controller) in TF2 finally. It seems to work okay. It's difficult to precisely aim though, and difficult to hold the right controller steady in midair. If you rest the right controller on something that might work, but I think the orientation is important.

Jumping is weird. I had to raise the left controller to near shoulder/head height while I was sitting in order for it to trigger.

I tried using the different sixense_mode options but I don't know how many there are, and the default one seemed probably the easiest.

Remember that time Spaceboy said he'd retire if red team held the last barnblitz point for 7 minutes? And then admin slayed the entire other team so that blue won because no one on red found the slay command quickly enough?

That was the best. I demand 50% retirement in compensation.

I remember it like it was yesterday

Sianos

The best night of TF2 I've ever played... all thanks to JOEBOB.

3 hour long melee duel, the stuff of legends. <3

ALSO IT WAS ON BRICKYARD SO DOUBLE BONUS POINTS

Top Bottom