• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

9 o clock every night, on the dot, it used to be

now when the magical hour approaches the jank is just filled with a handful of random pubbies for me to stomp

an hour passes and steam informs me that you judases are all doting it up with your incomprehensible esporting

9 o clock every night, on the dot, it used to be

now when the magical hour approaches the jank is just filled with a handful of random pubbies for me to stomp

an hour passes and steam informs me that you judases are all doting it up with your incomprehensible esporting

It always makes me laugh cause most of the regulars are still playing around that time, they're just hopping on pub servers doing their own thing

Every time I look at Jank, there's like 5v5 dudes going hard in the paint at KotH_Viaduct or some shit. And then I just play critsandvich again

Yeef

It used to be that there was a domino effect. Certain lynch pin members, like Javaman ArtistDude would join, which would cause other people to join and then the server was suddenly full.

But now, everyone left that actually plays is a jerk, so no one cares who's on!

It used to be that there was a domino effect. Certain lynch pin members, like Javaman ArtistDude would join, which would cause other people to join and then the server was suddenly full.

But now, everyone left that actually plays is a jerk, so no one cares who's on!

I was just waiting for everyone to get the UGC/Hyper-Competitive/Napoleon Complex outta their system so we can go back to having fun...

sidenote: TF2 updated to pipeline so I won't be able to join for sometime, by then you guys can work out all the issues of fun and people joining hahaha...

Kirsten

It always makes me laugh cause most of the regulars are still playing around that time, they're just hopping on pub servers doing their own thing

I can only speak for myself, but I don't generally play anymore because a certain few have sucked all of the fun out of the gaf server by their constant complaining.

Because none of the regulars are Steam group admins. Funny how that works out.

Also, I don't think the problem is not enough announcements.

Blizzard

Banned
I can only speak for myself, but I don't generally play anymore because a certain few have sucked all of the fun out of the gaf server by their constant complaining.

Also, I don't think the problem is not enough announcements.
I'd say it's me since I always complain, but I practically NEVER play anymore.

Mostly I don't join since TF2 takes forever to start and I'm lazy, and I'm not good at it. I've never figured out how to hit people with fast classes, or if there are internet tunings I need to do, since when I get sniper headshots people have already moved like half an inch to the left of the cursor. Also, hightower.

Also I got home and there were like 5 announcement popups. Also it is my birthday, everyone celebrate by playing TF2!

I'd say it's me since I always complain, but I practically NEVER play anymore.

Mostly I don't join since TF2 takes forever to start and I'm lazy, and I'm not good at it. I've never figured out how to hit people with fast classes, or if there are internet tunings I need to do, since when I get sniper headshots people have already moved like half an inch to the left of the cursor. Also, hightower.

Also I got home and there were like 5 announcement popups. Also it is my birthday, everyone celebrate by playing TF2!

Lol, I like how this basically says, I complain alot, and I'm going to complain some more right now...

happy birthday

Its my half birthday.

Happy- (Please wait six months for the rest of that message)

I would play TF2 more often if it didn't take so long to start-up. First it's gotta boot up, then you gotta load up the main menu, THEN you got to load up to the damn server...If I'm on Steam and I see a spot is open on a fav server, I might as well not double click, waste of time

Steampipe is supposed to help this, right?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Birthday to Birthday Blizzard!

Full house in the Jank tonight, good stuff. :D Thanks for helping me along on my new stranges...

00E65A7D33BB088B0B3A30736B9ADF61DD3D0AF7

Blizzard

Banned
Lol, I like how this basically says, I complain alot, and I'm going to complain some more right now...

happy birthday

Happy- (Please wait six months for the rest of that message)
I'd hope it's less of a complaint, and more of "if someone can please help me fix my ping/choke/ I'd appreciate it". I honestly don't know if there's a way to fix the aiming as sniper/scout, or if there are tricks, which I would like to know, about when you click. For example do you lead targets even with a hitscan weapon due to TF2 lag compensation?

Thanks for birthday wishes everyone. This year I make it a priority not to complain. :)

Sianos

Full house tonight, people started pulling in after my rallying cry. I think the problem really is not enough events, no one can tell if the server is filling without them.

My complaining is dampened by the euphoria of constant and mostly pointless rocket jumping as well. Fun games tonight, glad to see a Jank resurgence.

Also, I received a signed weapon as well. :O I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Bluth54

That isn't a thing.

My Mom considers it a thing, which means I get a free meal from my parents at a nice restaurant. I love my half birthday.

I would play TF2 more often if it didn't take so long to start-up. First it's gotta boot up, then you gotta load up the main menu, THEN you got to load up to the damn server...If I'm on Steam and I see a spot is open on a fav server, I might as well not double click, waste of time

Steampipe is supposed to help this, right?

Yeah Steampipe will make the game and maps load faster.

Bluth54

Also, I received a signed weapon as well. :O I'll post pictures tomorrow.

That was some pretty awesome gifting tonight even if Gogo did hog a lot of the gifts.

I had no idea you could get Secret Saxtons in addition to a normal item but it happened more then once on the server last night.

I don't know if I can think of a nerdier game item than a signed TF2 weapon. The entire concept of that is hilarious to me, but kinda cool as a thing unique to TF2.

Happy belated, Blizz!

Bluth54

I still have my extra copy of Don't Starve from my preorder, if you want I'll give it to you to for the TF2 promo items Gogo in exchange for not destroying me.

Onemic

Anyone know if you can report people for stealing your hats? I was gonna do a deal with this person:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075531509

said they would give me 10 bucks for about 10 or so different hats. I traded him/her the hats and they immediately blocked all communication from me, so I can't even give them negative rep. It really pisses me off, because I just realized what the hell is the point of the +rep shit when people can just do shady shit and block communication from those they do it to, tricking others into thinking they're a good trader, when really they're just a thief.

Woobie

Anyone know if you can report people for stealing your hats? I was gonna do a deal with this person:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075531509

said they would give me 10 bucks for about 10 or so different hats. I traded him/her the hats and they immediately blocked all communication from me, so I can't even give them negative rep. It really pisses me off, because I just realized what the hell is the point of the +rep shit when people can just do shady shit and block communication from those they do it to, tricking others into thinking they're a good trader, when really they're just a thief.

edit: Definitely an impersonator.
http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198075531509
That's the steam rep to the player you traded with :(
What a shame

moojito

I can't think of a single situation where putting a bunch of stuff in your trade window and hitting trade with nothing on the other side can end well.

Top Bottom