• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Brad02

Neo Member
It looks like people are getting banned for cheating from 3rd party servers after converting. Can someone who has converted join the Jank and see if they get banned?

Oreoleo

It looks like people are getting banned for cheating from 3rd party servers after converting. Can someone who has converted join the Jank and see if they get banned?

You can't join servers that haven't converted yet. You'll get the "this server is running an older version of the game" error.

Edit: Maybe I should read Appletini's post 3 above mine ^_^ Either way I'll let a braver soul than I test it out if people are getting banned.

Brad02

Neo Member
You can't join servers that haven't converted yet. You'll get the "this server is running an older version of the game" error.

Edit: Maybe I should read Appletini's post 3 above mine ^_^ Either way I'll let a braver soul than I test it out if people are getting banned.

Yeah, I am getting my info from a few people on reddit so I don't know if it's just an isolated problem. I guess I'll just wait to convert. The fast load times are so tempting but I don't want to be limited to valve servers. : (

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1d0vqm/psa_you_can_now_use_steampipe_to_connect_to/

Only servers running old versions of the SourceMod Anti-Cheat plugin are banning SteamPipers due to an invalid sv_consistency check, cus it was removed for SteamPipe.

Steam is driving me crazy for the last couple of days, everything is fucking lagging. Even selecting the damn games in the Library section. Fix this shit Valve. :(

Do you guys ever get this glitch where you get stuck in place while everything else goes on around you? I can't figure out what's causing it and it gets me killed every time.

Sianos

robo_crate_large.eee4a49ff0cc034d3a9bdd5cb3412656803e2895.png

ROBOCRATES

PRETTY NEATO

I've been trying to rocket jump and I can get the basic height one, but man, going for distance is tough.

The jump servers are good for practice, though.

Permanently A

I stopped playing this after MvM since it was consuming my life... is the GAF server serious or casual? I don't want to play 32 player instant respawn nightteam servers (are those still around?) but I also don't want to play 6v6 scrims (because I'm probably going to be terrible)

I stopped playing this after MvM since it was consuming my life... is the GAF server serious or casual? I don't want to play 32 player instant respawn nightteam servers (are those still around?) but I also don't want to play 6v6 scrims (because I'm probably going to be terrible)

Just wait till the server fills up a bit so that way all the annoying serious players are balanced out by having full teams.

It seems to be more serious now as of late, but I myself am more casual about it.

It's a 24 man server with regular respawn times, so it's not set up with competitive limits or anything, and there's a good range of skill between the recurring players. You won't feel outta place there if you've gone to similar types of servers.

Any of you lot know any other 'serious' Pyro items aside from the Brigade Helm/Vintage Merryweather that aren't Halloween/edgy?

I don't really want to make a wacky Pyro.

Woobie

Any of you lot know any other 'serious' Pyro items aside from the Brigade Helm/Vintage Merryweather that aren't Halloween/edgy?

I don't really want to make a wacky Pyro.

You could do fosters facade/the last breath with brigade helm if you want to be serious about fighting fires n stuff

cough

jiFepJz.jpg

cough

also p sure my pyro is kawaii and subtly spooky so take ur jealous nerd rage ELSEWHERE you hooligans

It's easy to get doms when you don't die because you run three feet back behind the metal spawn door grate whenever someone comes near you.

Also, you need to come to terms with the fact that your pyro loadout is boring and uninspired.

It's easy to get doms when you don't die because you run three feet back behind the metal spawn door grate whenever someone comes near you.

Also, you need to come to terms with the fact that your pyro loadout is boring and uninspired.

LSM0yMy.jpg

gee why am I not in the middle of the map definitely not gonna get killed being out in the open with a butt ton of sollies and a scoot

let me write a formal apology for stickin' to an area that allows me to kill you and not be killed in return WOW I HAVE BEEN SUCH A FOOL teach me your superior ways zeke please

and on the matter of my loadout, I don't want my pyro to look like a freshly fired ex-convict from the circus aka "wacky" for the sake of appeasing temperamental boys on the internet. also if "yellow" is a theme then I think my theme is more than satisfactory.

i've been rocking the merryweather and napper's respite since the jank was on some number that's lower than 4

napper + deus specs + fosters, pyro is cute + cool and ready for action

Zia

Can someone explain the "Peaceful Heavy" thing to me? I'm increasingly seeing people, playing as Heavy, waddling around crouched, holding The Conscientious Objector while asking people who are killing them not to kill them because they are "peaceful." Is this some meme somewhere I'm not aware of? It's so fucking alien to me -- it's not absurd enough to be funny, and I can't imagine spending an hour of my time shuffling around in a pub, asking annoyed people not to kill me.

i assume it's because playing heavy the normal way in tf2 is awful and boring, and thus people go for melee heavy, peaceful heavy, or special needs scout because anything else is better

That Robot Hell SFM is utterly amazing in its animation.

Can someone explain the "Peaceful Heavy" thing to me? I'm increasingly seeing people, playing as Heavy, waddling around crouched, holding The Conscientious Objector while asking people who are killing them not to kill them because they are "peaceful." Is this some meme somewhere I'm not aware of? It's so fucking alien to me -- it's not absurd enough to be funny, and I can't imagine spending an hour of my time shuffling around in a pub, asking annoyed people not to kill me.
People enjoy being useless. Some people play Heavy just to chew the sandvich all over the place. Some people enjoy Spycrabbing around. Some people like pretending to be original and Trolldier around while generally being worthless to their team.

Just avoid cults like the Lazypurple server where people are convinced doing nothing but huddling and taunting and crouch walking in circles is fun, and kicking people who actually play. It is an insane asylum of a server.

Top Bottom