• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

commando11.jpg

Woobie

Season 12 of UGC will be starting June 12.
http://ugcleague.com/home_tf26.cfm

Ugc_season_6_medals-300x300.jpg

I'd like to get a 6s team started up if anyone is interested talk to me on steam(Woobie).

Most likely the team will be suited for Steel division, I'm not trying to get as serious as the highlander team did last season, this should be a fun experience. I'd like to do well in the division but not at the expense of everyone's enjoyment.

For those of you who aren't familiar with 6s there are traditionally 2 scouts, 2 soldier, 1 demo, 1 medic. Sniper offclassing is common, heavy spy pyro engineer come into play less often. The map list for next season is posted here - there will be 1 koth and the rest are 5cp maps.

no angry euro heavy mains allowed

I'd like to get a 6s team started up if anyone is interested talk to me on steam(Woobie).

Most likely the team will be suited for Steel division, I'm not trying to get as serious as the highlander team did last season, this should be a fun experience. I'd like to do well in the division but not at the expense of everyone's enjoyment.

For those of you who aren't familiar with 6s there are traditionally 2 scouts, 2 soldier, 1 demo, 1 medic. Sniper offclassing is common, heavy spy pyro engineer come into play less often. The map list for next season is posted here - there will be 1 koth and the rest are 5cp maps.

I'm up for it.

Sianos

I'm up for it as well, especially if the longtime Foxhound members will be moving to sixes too. Even moreso if I don't have to organize scrims, hahaha. Shouldn't be as painful to rally up six people instead of nine.

Collete

I never done these before, much less I don't think I'm even good for these matches.
I'll think about volunteering as a substitute for a soldier (off chance pyro if allowed), but I'm not certain I'll even want to get involved.

On a lighter note:

getoutovlx5.jpg

I feel this is me whenever I medic for people I don't know that refuse to move out.

Blizzard

Banned
On a lighter note:

getoutovlx5.jpg

I feel this is me whenever I medic for people I don't know that refuse to move out.
I'm the opposite. Especially on hightower I end up playing medic and it'll always be either *heals demoman, demoman sticky jumps onto tower leaving me to die on the walkway alone* or *heals soldier, soldier rocket jumps onto tower leaving me to die on the walkway alone*.

So I end up healing snipers on the battlements. At least they have some sense of self-preservation long enough to charge an uber. :D

Collete

I'm the opposite. Especially on hightower I end up playing medic and it'll always be either *heals demoman, demoman sticky jumps onto tower leaving me to die on the walkway alone* or *heals soldier, soldier rocket jumps onto tower leaving me to die on the walkway alone*.

So I end up healing snipers on the battlements. At least they have some sense of self-preservation long enough to charge an uber. :D

I always hate the soldiers/demos that leave me alone in the middle of chaos. It's not smart to rocket jump away and leaving the medic in the middle of a cross fire D:

Yeah! The engis are also nice and enjoy my company *sniff*

Also, the full comic of that medic being crazy:
http://phuzzycomics.monicaray.com/comic/lets-play-offense/

I usually hate being Uber'd. It's like a cue for instant performance anxiety. If I hear a "Fully charged!" or the sound effect of a full Uber, I silently pray "Not me... not me... please, not me" and intentionally try to avoid the Medic. And it always seems to be in the middle of the action, so I can't stop and type to let them know not Uber me. I'm a slow typer and I panic ;_;

As for when I play medic, the only time I get annoyed is if I die with/near a full charge. I don't really mind if someone doesn't utilize it well, since I'm a fan of deploying surprise Ubers.

I usually hate being Uber'd. It's like a cue for instant performance anxiety. If I hear a "Fully charged!" or the sound effect of a full Uber, I silently pray "Not me... not me... please, not me" and intentionally try to avoid the Medic. And it always seems to be in the middle of the action, so I can't stop and type to let them know not Uber me. I'm a slow typer and I panic ;_;

As for when I play medic, the only time I get annoyed is if I die with/near a full charge. I don't really mind if someone doesn't utilize it well, since I'm a fan of deploying surprise Ubers.

That's the great thing about playing Scout. No one ever Ubers Scouts. Unless the Medic is insane or desperate.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

If you get ubered quickly just pick one goal, even if it's just to kill one guy. Everything else is gravy. Then work your way off your anxiety from there.

Trust in yourself. Believe in the heart of the cards!

moojito

The other side to this is, of course if you're playing demo or heavy, hear the medic say ready, he's healing you and you get your rambo on, run round the corner and... die.

Medic holding onto that uber for a rainy day, gg.

Javaman

That's the great thing about playing Scout. No one ever Ubers Scouts. Unless the Medic is insane or desperate.

I'd do it but it's hard to keep within range of the scout, and I'm sure he/she doesn't want to keep looking back to make sure the medic keeps up. I remember having a good time ubering a spy once. You guys are right about people jumping away and leaving the medic to die. Soon as most mobile people get an overheal it's an automatic GTFO. Looking at you NSQuote.
The other side to this is, of course if you're playing demo or heavy, hear the medic say ready, he's healing you and you get your rambo on, run round the corner and... die.

Medic holding onto that uber for a rainy day, gg.

I always feel bad for the person I'm healing when that happens but it's best to wait till the last second to pop the uber. Otherwise people tend to be far enough away to get away. It's usually worth the risk to make the uber MUCH more effective.

Woobie

You guys are right about people jumping away and leaving the medic to die. Soon as most mobile people get an overheal it's an automatic GTFO. Looking at you NSQuote.

I've played my fair share of medic and soldier, the frustration goes both ways.

If I see the medic on our team needs a pocket I'm fine going shotgun and babysitting but most of the time they forget about the soldier upon first sight of a heavy. As a soldierI usually end up standing in front of a fully overhealed brass beast heavy waiting for a heal that never comes - and then I'm stuck jumping with a shotgun.

Then when the heavy gets headshot the medic complains that the team left them alone since the rest of the team has already pushed up and the medic was too busy healing a heavy who never unspins.

:(

i tend to jump away from medics cus i assume they're just buffing me up and going on to pocket a heavy. i also jump cus they're going to run off without me if i don't.

i just so rarely get a medic on my team let alone one that heals me that i can't be held accountable for not knowing what they expect.

but i do try my best to meatshield for them when they do tether on to me.

I've played my fair share of medic and soldier, the frustration goes both ways.

If I see the medic on our team needs a pocket I'm fine going shotgun and babysitting but most of the time they forget about the soldier upon first sight of a heavy. As a soldierI usually end up standing in front of a fully overhealed brass beast heavy waiting for a heal that never comes - and then I'm stuck jumping with a shotgun.

Then when the heavy gets headshot the medic complains that the team left them alone since the rest of the team has already pushed up and the medic was too busy healing a heavy who never unspins.

:(

Haha that one time I was playing medic and healing you was awesome.

The worst is when your playing pyro and the medic ubers you and you're like 40 ft away from the nearest enemy, or when you're a demo and there is no warning and you don't really have things reloaded...

hahha, I guess just having an uber when you're not ready for it is always strange. Sometimes It works out othertimes you get the impression the medic just thinks your an asshole cause you didn't get any kills.

Sianos

I'd do it but it's hard to keep within range of the scout, and I'm sure he/she doesn't want to keep looking back to make sure the medic keeps up. I remember having a good time ubering a spy once. You guys are right about people jumping away and leaving the medic to die. Soon as most mobile people get an overheal it's an automatic GTFO. Looking at you NSQuote.

I always feel bad for the person I'm healing when that happens but it's best to wait till the last second to pop the uber. Otherwise people tend to be far enough away to get away. It's usually worth the risk to make the uber MUCH more effective.

R8OXVqD.jpg

Alternating Kritz and Ubercharge Recipient
HqSkrz1.jpg

Kritz Pocket
GtpGVlA.jpg

Pocketed by two Vaccinator Medics
X085UN8.jpg

Kritz Pocket, 25 kills in one life
izhQODB.jpg

Kritz Pocket, back when I was bad and used the Liberty Launcher, 31 kills in one life

You almost never pocket me and I'm rarely around our own combo unless I need a refueling. I generally do jump away as soon as I'm overhealed, but its because I assume the heavier classes will stick with you/you will stick with them. That, and how effective my bombs tend to be, especially when I run the Bazooka.

Quite often you'll abandon me when I go to charge in with the uber as well. Kritz Bazooka is pretty brutal if they have no skilled Pyro on hand to mitigate the damage.

I can convert the old "TOP ME OFF" voice call I used into a text bind so you know when I just want a quick buff, if that helps.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Communities vs Pros 9v6 stream is on now, current map is Badwater (after the Pros won Badlands).

http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv

Regarding pocketing and ubers... If either the Medic or the patient aren't using their mic and talking to each other, then one can't really complain about mishaps or miscommunications. :p I get really heated when people leave me alone as Medic in organized matches, but am pretty mellow about it in pubs (and commit the same sin often enough myself, haha). The most I do is look at someone's loadout to determine if they're a decent pocket/uber candidate and then a little observation will reveal whether they're planning to stick around or not. *shrug*

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding pocketing and ubers... If either the Medic or the patient aren't using their mic and talking to each other, then one can't really complain about mishaps or miscommunications. :p I get really heated when people leave me alone as Medic in organized matches, but am pretty mellow about it in pubs (and commit the same sin often enough myself, haha). The most I do is look at someone's loadout to determine if they're a decent pocket/uber candidate and then a little observation will reveal whether they're planning to stick around or not. *shrug*
"a little observation" = "anyone with a jump or speed boost ability" on the jank, so I suppose you are correct. :p

Way to ruin our complaining with your sensibilities, and rational thinking...

Yeef

It's pretty obvious that you're on drugs, Gogo.

I can name 20 cereals better than Golden Grahams*, and I'm a cereal expert.

Get off the drugs.

That's not to say they're bad, because they are good, but they're like a Tier 5 cereal. They'll never be Tier 1, unlike Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

It's pretty obvious that you're on drugs, Gogo.

I can name 20 cereals better than Golden Grahams*, and I'm a cereal expert.

Get off the drugs.

That's not to say they're bad, because they are good, but they're like a Tier 5 cereal. They'll never be Tier 1, unlike Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

how about you get on THEM

Top Bottom