• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Clydefrog

for the Winwood:

nigri-bouncingf0uy8.gif

this means I get Alex and you get... her

Yeef

Nothing game-wise.

TF2 switched over to steampipe, which means faster load times and updates.

They've been teasing an update ever since April 1st, but it probably won't drop until the end of this month.

Frolow

Banned
I haven't played much since the Halloween update, so what did I miss? Did they ever release Crate 50? I also noticed the price of keys has skyrocketed to 5 ref now. What the hell caused that?

Because the "economy" is run by 12 year olds who stole their parents' credit card and scammers. The value of metal is the same, the value of hats is the same, the demand for keys is the same as ever, but the price has doubled. Yeah, sounds completely legitimate and not corrupt. It's a good thing that "Spreadsheet" abomination is no longer in wide use either.

The "economy" fluctuates according to the demand of the people with the items, not the people who want the items, and the people who want them are just too stupid and irresponsible with their money to refuse to pay bullshit prices, justifying the rich morons demanding ludicrous prices. It's a joke.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Skullgirls hats happening... for real this time?

Steam Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071484720/myworkshopfiles/?appid=440

Blog post: http://skullgirls.com/2013/05/skullgirls-tf2-promotional-hats/

During our Indiegogo campaign, there may or may not have been an incident that became known as “Hatgate,” and now we’re working to redeem ourselves. But we can’t do it without your help!

637x358.resizedimage

Valve has given us the opportunity to release Skullgirls Team Fortress 2 items as pre-order bonuses… but only if you show your support and vote for them!

Any and all items selected will become Genuine-quality pre-order bonuses on all existing and future pre-orders, including those from our wildly successful Indiegogo campaign!

So vote well and spread the word – the more votes we get, the more likely you and your friends are going to get some awesome Skullgirls items!

Do want that Big Band Pyro... and cat ears might finally make their way into the game, hehe.

Leviathan animated actually looks pretty sweet:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151559456806855

During our Indiegogo campaign, there may or may not have been an incident that became known as “Hatgate,” and now we’re working to redeem ourselves. But we can’t do it without your help!

I like how whenever something happens people just add the word -gate onto the end of it to make it sound more newsworthy.

And yes, the Big Band Pyro looks pretty rad.

Proven

Gonna have to vote for that Big Band Pyro.

I can already see people talking about the "irony" of Big Band being the only playable male in Skullgirls, and giving his item to the "obviously female" that is the Pyro.

Because the "economy" is run by 12 year olds who stole their parents' credit card and scammers. The value of metal is the same, the value of hats is the same, the demand for keys is the same as ever, but the price has doubled. Yeah, sounds completely legitimate and not corrupt. It's a good thing that "Spreadsheet" abomination is no longer in wide use either.

The "economy" fluctuates according to the demand of the people with the items, not the people who want the items, and the people who want them are just too stupid and irresponsible with their money to refuse to pay bullshit prices, justifying the rich morons demanding ludicrous prices. It's a joke.

so like the real economy?

Collete

Skullgirls hats happening... for real this time?

Steam Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071484720/myworkshopfiles/?appid=440

Blog post: http://skullgirls.com/2013/05/skullgirls-tf2-promotional-hats/

Do want that Big Band Pyro... and cat ears might finally make their way into the game, hehe.

Leviathan animated actually looks pretty sweet:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151559456806855

I really want that pyro swag...D:
I wonder if they'll become tradeable so I can get it some day...

Zia

I'm still trying to buy Keys for 4 Ref. "But, they're worth 5." To who? "Uh, according to tf.backpack." Have you actually sold one for 5 Ref? "Well, no, but, I mean they're like the gold standard. You know, like, G. Gordon Liddy." So I'm sitting on piles of Refined whilst trying to fight The Good Fight.

Yeah, the only people who win in this hat-conomy are the people with 10+ idling accounts and are drowning in metals, so they don't care about the 5 ref+ price.

Though, I guess it would kind of pay off in the long run if you think about it. Buyin' games using market money from selling keys by idling...

Blizzard

Banned
The Jank needs a payload intervention. I feel like there needs to be some sort of significant astrological event for a 5CP map to get played.
Really? I blame Javaman for whenever Barnblitz comes up, but I feel like when I used to play it would typically be like 3 or 4 5cp matches out of a group of 6 or whatever. That snowy hill one, or that dirty hill one, or that industrial architecture one, and they all go on forever if the teams are even as the time nearly runs out and then one team captures and like 10 minutes gets added.

Silly capture point people, convert all your maps to KOTH for shortness!

Maybe it is mostly payload now though, who knows.

Kirsten

I played on a different server recently that just called a vote for the type of map (payload, koth, 5cp etc.) then it would pick a random map in that category. It may solve the problem of always playing the same map and the CONSTANT COMPLAINING every time a new map is picked on the server.

Seriously...if the majority of the people pick a map that's because the majority want to play it. We don't need to hear how you personally hate it and can't stand it. No one cares. Keep it to yourself. You're sucking all the fun out of the game. Rant over.

I just leave servers when everyone decides it's Hightower time(which is only on the Jank server because everyone else hates that map, for good reason)

Yeef

I played on a different server recently that just called a vote for the type of map (payload, koth, 5cp etc.) then it would pick a random map in that category. It may solve the problem of always playing the same map and the CONSTANT COMPLAINING every time a new map is picked on the server.

Seriously...if the majority of the people pick a map that's because the majority want to play it. We don't need to hear how you personally hate it and can't stand it. No one cares. Keep it to yourself. You're sucking all the fun out of the game. Rant over.
There's a difference between a majority and a plurality.

If 6 people vote for Map A, 6 vote for Map B and 7 people vote for Map C there's more people don't want to play Map C, but it still wins.

That was why there used to be a run-off vote, but people complained about it (and also the plugin got messed up) so it is no longer.

Blizzard

Banned

This sounds like a cool idea, though people would probably still be upset that say, hoodoo came up instead of badwater. We can complain about -anything-. :p

There's a difference between a majority and a plurality.

If 6 people vote for Map A, 6 vote for Map B and 7 people vote for Map C there's more people don't want to play Map C, but it still wins.

That was why there used to be a run-off vote, but people complained about it (and also the plugin got messed up) so it is no longer.
So you're saying that alternate maps are the Ross Perot of the TF2 world!

Top Bottom