• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

**IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UGC HIGHLANDER TEAM MEMBERS**

Our team has been registered under the Steel Red division and now you must join the team through the UGC site so that you can be added to the official roster. To do this, simply go to http://www.ugcleague.com/ and log in through your Steam account. Then, under your player page you will see 'Join a team'. Search for Kuro Super Rage Friends (or just type KSRF into the drop down menu, it's huge after all), and submit your request. The password is 'godwelder'.

You must do this as only official members can participate in matches. No subbing is allowed and team caps are 18 players.

No Kuros Allowed.

DONE.

Hiltz

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I've been wanting to get back into TF 2 but the game just stopped working properly for some reason. It's been around 1-2 years since I've played.

Anyway, the problem is that I get to the loading screen where it says "retrieving server info" but it doesn't complete the loading process. I eventually get an error message that says "Disconnected: You are taking too long to connect."

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

first, I would try verifying the game cache.

second, I would try to tweak the network settings in the Steam. Download+Cloud to be exact.

CPU and GPU would be nice to know. Make sure you network drivers are up to date. Same with GPU.

DogWelder

I honestly had more fun in those last 3 maps with 8 people than I've had in my past like 400 hours of TF2. We all need a little more pbert in our lives.

Hiltz

first, I would try verifying the game cache.

second, I would try to tweak the network settings in the Steam. Download+Cloud to be exact.

CPU and GPU would be nice to know. Make sure you network drivers are up to date. Same with GPU.

Thanks for the help.

I tried to see if my drivers were up to date but I didn't want to screw anything up by downloading the wrong thing from AMD's site.

Windows XP
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz
ATI Radeon 9600/9550/x1050 series

Thanks for the help.

I tried to see if my drivers were up to date but I didn't want to screw anything up by downloading the wrong thing from another website. AMD's site didn't list the type of graphics card I have.

Windows XP
512 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 GHz
ATI Radeon 9600/9550/x1050 series

These days, TF2 has been more demanding when it comes to performance. The specs you have now would have worked nicely before but now :(

Now I would suggest some FPS config to see if you can at least run it. Search for Chris FPS configs and use maxframes.

Also in the launch option for tf2, type:

-dxlevel 81

Bluth54

Well since we haven't gotten Meet the Pyro yet I have to wonder if Valve is going to show it off to the press behind closed doors as E3.

I doubt we'll get a big update next week with it being E3. After that we are getting dangerously close to the 1 year anniversary of the Uber Update and we still haven't even gotten the second Saxxy awards yet.

Hiltz

These days, TF2 has been more demanding when it comes to performance. The specs you have now would have worked nicely before but now :(

Now I would suggest some FPS config to see if you can at least run it. Search for Chris FPS configs and use maxframes.

Also in the launch option for tf2, type:

-dxlevel 81

I just verified the game cache and TF2 started working again. Thanks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
THIS IS THE WORST FAUX RAGE EVER. LEARN2RAGE. CHANNEL YOUR OLD SELF.
Don't give it away you damn hoser! Go eat some whale blubber and down it with a bag of milk.

Hmmm...so the dmg is still the same, they should have just said fire speed is lowered and dmg is original dmg after losing disguise. I thought they INCREASED it another 20% on top of what it already does. Still a shitty noob weapon for players who need a handicap... or are handicapped.. or like sex with animals.

Edit: so I'm done til meet the Pyro...

Proven

You should really learn to read. It's been nerfed.

Stats before patch:

+20% damage

Stats after patch:

+20% damage when undisguised
-20% firing speed
No random crits

This is actually a relatively sizable nerf. Since backstabs deal 6x current health as damage, spies tend to have a high random crit rate. This also means the first shot does standard damage if the spy was disguised. The lower firing speed also basically negates the damage bonus for non-wounded enemies.

Whether it's enough of a nerf has yet to be seen, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Especially considering that the weapon has been in the game for almost a year without being changed.
Got the analysis done before me, aww. The only other thing I have to add is that this fits the gun's theme even more.

So UGC made a couple changes to the scheduled maps

http://www.ugcleague.com/schedule_tf2h.cfm

They went to a newer version of cp_standin and cashworks got replaced by deadwood

Thank god. I hate cashworks. I hate frontier too, but it's already an official map so all I can do is pretend it doesn't exist anymore. Deadwood is decent. It allows sniper sight lines without the crazy advantage that cashworks and frontier give. It also doesn't have the massive high ground disparity that the other two have.

As for standin, we really have to play it on the server at least once.

I switched back to my revolver pre nerf. Never thought to go back to the enforcer but now I know for a fact I'm never touching that gun again.

Yeef

Just a heads up to [anonymous person]. Someone who'd never played on the server tried to sign up for highlander. Since the highlander page gets player ID's from the stats database anyone that tried to sign up without having connected to the server was supposed to get an error message, but there was a bug that I wasn't aware of that made that not the case. I've fixed the bug now, but whoever that person was will need to re-enter. If you don't see your name on the list for the next highlander match and you signed up, sign up again.

Bluth54

FINALLY A NEW BLOG POST!!!!!!!!!!!

How a map gets made.......and it's not even a new map, it's Gorge.

Remember back before the Uber Update we got the Happening in YOUR Community blog post and before the Manniversery update we got the Making of a Skull Hat blog post.......don't disappoint me Valve!

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

Blizzard

Banned
I have discovered how to have fun in TF2 again, and it is playing crossbow medic.

It's almost completely useless, but those rare occasions where you kill an enemy sniper or heal a teammate for 100 HP make it all worthwhile.

Now if they just made the stupid thing deal minicrit headshots we'd have ourselves a game.

Clydefrog

I have discovered how to have fun in TF2 again, and it is playing crossbow medic.

It's almost completely useless, but those rare occasions where you kill an enemy sniper or heal a teammate for 100 HP make it all worthwhile.

Now if they just made the stupid thing deal minicrit headshots we'd have ourselves a game.

i'd play medic forever

Bluth54

I really enjoyed playing spy last night. I'm not great, and I was pretty happy when I got up towards the top of the leaderboards in some games.

Bluth54

Dead ringer >:[

Not only Dead Ringer, but Saharan Spy Dead Ringer so you couldn't hear me decloak.

I also did pretty well in Upward as a spy:
E37DF46150E4D4C16C6E17E696B563E58E988276

Yeef

Not only Dead Ringer, but Saharan Spy Dead Ringer so you couldn't hear me decloak.

I also did pretty well in Upward as a spy:
I thought you were ridiculously obvious 90% of the time, but apparently my teammates thing it's natural for medics to run around not healing and demomen to run around with the grenade launcher out, on the front lines not shooting anything.

DogWelder

I thought you were ridiculously obvious 90% of the time, but apparently my teammates thing it's natural for medics to run around not healing and demomen to run around with the grenade launcher out, on the front lines not shooting anything.
Welcome to the new GAF?

Bluth54

Yeah I've never really played spy much so I'm still working at it. It's a hard class, but a very satisfying one when you do well.

Top Bottom