• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

UGC just changed croissant (first week's map) from RC3 to RC4 (just released)
http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm

rc4
----------------
*Added a slope to the cliff at choke so you can get to the high ground and into lumber
*Added medium ammopack to lumber
(changed the mediums on the grassy slope to small)
*Added 2 small ammopacks to the balcony house on mid
*Increased performance
*Some cosmetic changes
*Fixed displacement seems
*Accidentally added some overly bright lights
*Fixed the building in spawn bug

Oreoleo

MUMBLE STUFF, FOR UGC PEEPS

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

^Download it!

SERVER: chi.eoreality.net
PORT#: 64739

^Connect there!

SUPER SECRET STUFF, CLICK QUOTE TO READ:
From the top menu in Mumble: Server > Access Tokens > Add > "tf2" <- CASE MATTERS
If you don't do this you won't be able to join the TF2 room!

And then do other stuff so we won't have to hear you mouth breathing. You're smart people you can figure it out.

DogWelder

K guys gimme a heads up if Monday 11th or Tuesday 12th will be acceptable for another scrim (around the same time). I'll get us set up with a better team this time. sixghost and Proven get first dibs at their respective classes since they sat out today. Blizzard can play hoovy, I can spec.

DogWelder

Ohh, we actually haven't dropped any players. sixghost and Solid just haven't registered. Please register before the weekend or you won't be able to play on the team! Can someone msg sixghost and let him know? I don't have him on my friends list.

thefro

K guys gimme a heads up if Monday 11th or Tuesday 12th will be acceptable for another scrim (around the same time). I'll get us set up with a better team this time. sixghost and Proven get first dibs at their respective classes since they sat out today. Blizzard can play hoovy, I can spec.

Well, the actual 1st match is on the 11th, so I think that date would be out for a scrim (unless you wanted to do that as a warmup).
http://www.ugcleague.com/schedule_tf2h.cfm

DogWelder

Well, the actual 1st match is on the 11th, so I think that date would be out for a scrim (unless you wanted to do that as a warmup).
http://www.ugcleague.com/schedule_tf2h.cfm
Err, for some reason I thought the league started on the 18th. Okay, I'll try to set up a scrim before the 11th. Sorry wartime, seems like I was misinformed. We won't have him week 1.

Edit: BTW I think we really discouraged the other team, their leader (who I lobby with a bit) seemed really upset after the match. :(

Yeef

Hit detection seemed especially bad for me tonight. I think it may have been on my end though. Accidentally left Photoshop open (for a few days). When I closed it, it took like 30 seconds for the window to even load.

Sajjaja

Gaf Gold (Australium) painted hats for everyone

MEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Also... side note...... Yeef ruined E3....
5709104455091.jpg

Salsa

Hey since the new Steam beta allows for custom images on grid icons I quickly pulled this together for those using grid vew (the no-icon was supper annoying)

d7Uar.png

Im sure someone can do better tho

Cool vid, but I noticed he got healed to 195 after every kill. Server mod or does the M.Gardener have a secret heal function? :U

Edit: Or maybe I am just a noob because I use the default UI and just noticed that it says -195 for the hit :U

Bluth54

I like that you used the Classless Update picture for that icon Salsa. I really liked that update even though it wasn't the biggest or most impressive update TF2 has ever seen.

I wish Valve would of thrown together another update like that for us this year and released in in March or April to keep us happy until the big Meet the Pyro update. Get a bunch of hats/misc items from the workshop, buy the rights to a couple of community maps, maybe include a standalone weapon or two along with the cozy camper and you have a decent update that would be enough to hold people over until the MtP update.

Digishine

Banned
Ugh this is getting out of control. 99% when some invite to be friends they ask to get my earbuds of tf2.. How can I hide my tf 2 hats etc stuff?

Ugh this is getting out of control. 99% when some invite to be friends they ask to get my earbuds of tf2.. How can I hide my tf 2 hats etc stuff?
Make your steam account private or backpack viewable by friends only. Or fill your backpack with stuff because if they see stuff they think you're pretty active and if you have nothing you're easier to scam.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeef was an angry bear tonight. :( He kicked artist and me because we weren't playing seriously enough and he lost, and then he said "good" when it made me lose my loadout I'd worked hours to get to reconnect!

If I drown my sorrows tonight, Yeef, this is all your fault.

Yeef

Yeef was an angry bear tonight. :( He kicked artist and me because we weren't playing seriously enough and he lost, and then he said "good" when it made me lose my loadout I'd worked hours to get to reconnect!

If I drown my sorrows tonight, Yeef, this is all your fault.
I have no problem with people not playing seriously, but what you were doing was on a whole other level. When we have a 6 man team having two people sit at spawn isn't helping anyone.

Blizzard

Banned
I have no problem with people not playing seriously, but what you were doing was on a whole other level. When we have a 6 man team having two people sit at spawn isn't helping anyone.
Artist was firing arrows, and I was setting them on fire. I thought he was shooting at people. I had my back turned to light the arrows on fire so I couldn't see. I joined maybe a minute before the round ended so I didn't even know what was going on. I was just having fun, and instead of asking either of us to change class, you kicked both of us without warning.

Then after steel, you used an admin command to kill me, AFTER you crushed my team for two rounds in a row, because you couldn't quite catch me in the humiliation round.

What is your problem? =/ If you want us to play more seriously, please just ask, instead of kicking someone who just joined the server and who is playing around on low-player-count sawmill.

Yeef

I'm tired of Sawmill. All I ever do on that map is spam arrows from spawn anymore and laugh when I kill someone :U

Blizzard just happened to join in a minute before you kicked :p

I love lamp.
Didn't realize he'd just joined. Anyway, the point of kicking you was so that you'd both rejoin and end up on opposite teams. That way the uselessness was evenly spread out!

As for sawmill, we only ever play that because it's after nucleus alphabetically and, for whatever reason, when the server first starts there's no (on Nucleus) there's no mid-game map vote, so it just goes to the next map in rotation. Either change the nextmap during nucleus if you remember to (sm_setnextmap cp_gorge) or do a map vote at the beginning of Sawmill.

Then after steel, you used an admin command to kill me, AFTER you crushed my team for two rounds in a row, because you couldn't quite catch me in the humiliation round.

What is your problem? =/ If you want us to play more seriously, please just ask, instead of kicking someone who just joined the server and who is playing around on low-player-count sawmill.
Eh? I was on the losing team the first round of Steel and most of the second. Then people left and I got team balanced to the winning team. I slapped you at the end of the game because you were there and it amused me. If it had been someone else I would have done it to them.

Blizzard

Banned
Eh? I was on the losing team the first round of Steel and most of the second. Then people left and I got team balanced to the winning team. I slapped you at the end of the game because you were there and it amused me. If it had been someone else I would have done it to them.
No fun allowed.

I didn't know you got switched.

Actually, I got a TF2 update last night, both for the game proper and the beta.

Looking at the wiki, though, they're not reporting on anything - guess I got one of those ever-so-fabled "late updates" that some people get. Weak.

Clydefrog

So many people seem to be having a problem losing their loadout recently. This is how you fix it (at least it always works for me):

In-game, press esc and click on Items. The notice will pop-up “can’t connect to steam loadout” or whatever that box says. Click ok. Click on a class portrait. Your items may not appear. Exit this screen and click on another class. Usually within a few tries, my items pop back.

If that doesn’t work, sometimes just changing class over and over in spawn works.

Best regards,
Clydefrog

Top Bottom