• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Sparse

If you're buying those TF2 figures the next two were unofficially announced.

neca-team-fortress-2-prototype-engineer-sculpt.jpg

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/news/action-figures/neca-team-fortress-2-engineer-and-spy-prototypes/

dojokun

Banned
So what's everyone's favorite item?

I just love playing Spy and can't imagine doing it without the Cloak and Dagger. Basically infinite cloak as long as you plan your movements to allow for recharging. Total thrill sneaking around on a compact map like 2fort with 32 players. I'll play rounds where the top people have like 100 kills and 90 deaths, and I have like 12 kills, 10 deaths. Everyone in between have like 50 kills.

Yeef

Huntsman in stupid, because of [lack of] lag compensation and player hulls. I'll shoot people straight through the face and nothing will happen. Then I shoot 5 feet away from them; HEADSHOT.

Oh... that's tough. Three way tie for me, I guess.

I love the Direct Hit, because once you get in that groove with it, it's great. Especially getting that air shot every now and then.

Sticky Jumper & Caber are the other 2, for various reasons.

Oreoleo

Are you guys actually enjoying the new season? I sort of feel like I'm watching it more out of obligation rather than because it's actually entertaining. It has it's moments but just seems kind of unfocused.

Are you guys actually enjoying the new season? I sort of feel like I'm watching it more out of obligation rather than because it's actually entertaining. It has it's moments but just seems kind of unfocused.

It feels that way at first but once you hit, I'd say episode 9, it really starts to take off and you begin to see how all the stories start to intertwine. I haven't finished yet but I'm already seeing the payoff. There's a fair amount of negativity and criticism on the internet but I'd mostly attribute that to unrealistic expectations and a slower start to the season for the purpose of revealing crazy setups for character misunderstandings that happen early on, but that's kinda always been AD's "thing." There don't seem to be quite as many laugh out loud gags as the first 3 seasons but it's still worth seeing through to the end.

My biggest gripe thus far is casting Seth Rogan as Young George Sr. as he's incapable of playing anyone that isn't himself.

I just love playing Spy and can't imagine doing it without the Cloak and Dagger. Basically infinite cloak as long as you plan your movements to allow for recharging. Total thrill sneaking around on a compact map like 2fort with 32 players. I'll play rounds where the top people have like 100 kills and 90 deaths, and I have like 12 kills, 10 deaths. Everyone in between have like 50 kills.

Arg. C&D is literally the worst Spy watch. It promotes slow and passive play, which is the opposite of what you should be doing as a Spy. A good Spy is a menace to the enemy team — stabbing Medics, Engis, Heavies, and seeming like he's everywhere at once. The C&D is the worst watch for this purpose, and likely you'll just end up sitting in a hiding spot for 5 minutes waiting for that perfect stab. The Dead Ringer is far superior as it lets you be way more aggressive and it's really frustrating for the enemy team. I find it better than the Invis Watch because pubs have so much spam flying around that you will often get killed by stray rocket/grenade fire.

Yeef

I watched the whole season on Sunday and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, I sold a bunch of random items on the market, used the money to buy enough cards to max out my TF2 badge and still have like $10 left over. Perhaps I will use it to purchase a game.

Oreoleo

I watched the whole season on Sunday and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, I sold a bunch of random items on the market, used the money to buy enough cards to max out my TF2 badge and still have like $10 left over. Perhaps I will use it to purchase a game.

Did you get a new background and emoticon each time you leveled it up?

Proven

It feels that way at first but once you hit, I'd say episode 9, it really starts to take off and you begin to see how all the stories start to intertwine. I haven't finished yet but I'm already seeing the payoff. There's a fair amount of negativity and criticism on the internet but I'd mostly attribute that to unrealistic expectations and a slower start to the season for the purpose of revealing crazy setups for character misunderstandings that happen early on, but that's kinda always been AD's "thing." There don't seem to be quite as many laugh out loud gags as the first 3 seasons but it's still worth seeing through to the end.

My biggest gripe thus far is casting Seth Rogan as Young George Sr. as he's incapable of playing anyone that isn't himself.

Wah? Everything starts connecting from episode 3/4. I just finished episode 8 and the last several episodes have been filling in all the little gaps for each character leading up to Cinco de Cuatro. And laughing my socks off about things like the ostrich and Maeby. The only valid complaint I can see this season is that the first episode turns Michael from the main character to just another Bluth.

Unless you're telling me that episode 9 has a big mindfuck of links, but that would just be too scary to imagine. Oh well, I'm finishing the rest tomorrow.

I think the whole thing was really great. Better than season 3 easily.

I also didn't hype myself up for it.

I have a few complaints but can't address them specifically without major spoilers. I also don't care enough to actually type them out.

I'm glad Netflix made it happen and I hope there is more.

MiKeD

Banned
Just downloaded the game for the very first time. Going through the tutorial and I'm experiencing some pretty noticable input lag ffs. What could it be?

MiKeD

Banned
Yea, it was off. But I'm starting to think it's just a general performance issue, I already got an error message and my PC plus its components are veeeeery outdated.
Shame, looks like I'm gonna have to wait a little longer.

Top Bottom