• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Collete

Yeah it's been awhile since that happened. Also was nice to see some uncommon faces that normally don't join up for Jank. Hope it might happen again in the future.

Blizzard

Banned
Having a lot of fun watching these videos people are posting. :D

And that's another thing I love about the Jank. Replays! Absolutely need that on the next server.

Damn, that's sexy. More airpogo in comp please.
Haha, pretty much the first thing I thought of watching the video was "People like ExMachina that play on jump servers all the time must get really good at this..."

Noooo, not the Jank D:

I know I've been inactive for a while (blame a combination of work, Minecraft, Payday 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and just being burnt out on TF2 after playing for almost 2 years non-stop) but man, I was just about to hop back on for some Janky fun. :(

I'd totally go pour a 40 out if I didn't have carpeted floors, too.

Collete

Which day/time slot would most people(s) be available for? (Eastern times only, sorry!)

(9/6) Friday evening
(9/7) Saturday afternoon
(9/7) Saturday evening
(9/8) Sunday evening

I forgot to mention, I'd be best free in Saturday evening or whatever the general consensus is.

Javaman

I thought this was gonna be the one where you Moonwalked on my head and killed me...

Wouldn't be the first time he pulled that crap...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS1yCEZU2_E

Uber telefragged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beBug9hMjNQ

Fail Krit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rFbjVpcc8U

Poor Spaceboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2SwEZzOgPg

Space reflects my sentry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoi90P5OgE

Probably my biggest "OH SHIT" moment. I have no idea how the splash didn't get me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05fdZVFdPeg

Opiate

Haven't played in nearly a year and decided to pick this up again; interested to hear what has changed. Primarily a Spy (no to spycicle, yes to dead ringer) and Engineer.

How is the heavy weapons guy doing these days? I assume great, as always.

149.gif

pretty well if you don't mind people complaining about you if you play as him

actually I think people complain about class choice no matter what. kids these days.

pretty well if you don't mind people complaining about you if you play as him

actually I think people complain about class choice no matter what. kids these days.

The cool kids complain about class balance. I don't mind people going heavy if there are only 1-2 total and they're not both using huo-long or natascha.

The cool kids complain about class balance. I don't mind people going heavy if there are only 1-2 total and they're not both using huo-long or natascha.

This. Generally I find it weird when Snipers just aren't annihilating Heavies when they step out of Spawn, this is why I enjoy being on the same side as Dogwelder when he's playing Sniper.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
The new TF2 server will be officially undergoing stress testing Saturday Evening.

I will send out an official announcement via the Event Announcement system, with the server address to connect to and whatnot. I'll probably post it on here as well, if I can remember it.

Since this is a stress test (and other testing as well I suppose), don't be discouraged if something isn't working as expected. That's all part of the magical journey that we call progress.

--SpaceB0y (sent via telepathy)

Haven't played in nearly a year and decided to pick this up again; interested to hear what has changed. Primarily a Spy (no to spycicle, yes to dead ringer) and Engineer.

How is the heavy weapons guy doing these days? I assume great, as always.
There was a large patch in July that changed a good deal of items. Dead Ringer now loses cloak duration when you get hit while cloaked, L'Etranger increases cloak duration by 40% now. Mini-sentries no longer heal while being constructed, and a couple of Engie's other weapons were tweaked. Full patch notes here. Also worth noting the old Polycount sets have had their gameplay modifying set bonuses removed, replaced now with some aesthetic flair.

The new TF2 server will be officially undergoing stress testing Saturday Evening.

I will send out an official announcement via the Event Announcement system, with the server address to connect to and whatnot. I'll probably post it on here as well, if I can remember it.

Since this is a stress test (and other testing as well I suppose), don't be discouraged if something isn't working as expected. That's all part of the magical journey that we call progress.

--SpaceB0y (sent via telepathy)

Just a test

Sianos

News from the frontier of the schema:

The Medic throwing animations have been updated with magic finger voodoo: his fingers will now adapt to the shape of the weapon he's holding. Hopefully this will be generalized to all viewmodels, especially the one-handed melee animations.

There's also a new AOE healing effect attribute, probably for the Medic throwable, a la the canned heal grenade. It'll probably work off of the Jarate framework, which may explain why for a while friendly players would block the effects of Jarate/Mad Milk. I have a feeling the new "heal grenade" will replace the Medic's primary. Perhaps a 2spooky jar of blood?

The Heavy also gets new throwing animations that appear to be for the Sandvich. No longer will Heavies launch their Sandviches from their stomach like delicious, health-restorative chestbursters. It is a new age of TF2.

Also, 15 minute SFM short and bread. Lots of bread.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Okay, here are the plans for the stress testing:

Server: tf2.capthatpoint.com
Time: 9pm (eastern time)

Start joining in around 8:45pm or so, real testing beginning after 9pm. Punch and pie will be served.

Let's fill 'er up! 24 slots PLUS replay!

--SpaceB0y (sent from my ePad)

Cptkrush

Okay, here are the plans for the stress testing:

Server: tf2.capthatpoint.com
Time: 9pm (eastern time)

Start joining in around 8:45pm or so, real testing beginning after 9pm. Punch and pie will be served.

Let's fill 'er up! 24 slots PLUS replay!

--SpaceB0y (sent from my ePad)

neat, I'll help you guys out

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, didn't enjoy my time on that server with like no class update items versus super speed demoman swords.

Top Bottom