• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Joseph_Grimaldi.jpg

CLOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN PAAAAAAAANTSSSSSS!!!

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Just wanna give a BIG SHOUT OUT and say THANKS to everyone who showed up to test the server! I think the test went pretty well, as there are some tweaks to make (as there always are) and the custom map server thing to fix.

Moving forward, I'm interested in getting some more input for the server:
  • What custom maps would you like to play on the server?
  • Are there any particular mods or plugins that you'd like to play? (Prop hunt and RTD have been mentioned I think)
  • And lastly, Random Crits: Yay or Nay?

For those of you who missed the server, it'll be up again shortly. I'm hoping, with my lousy time management skills and Real Life (tm) matters to attend to, that testing will be complete in a couple of weeks (hopefully sooner).

Remember to add it to your favorites! tf2.capthatpoint.com

--SpaceB0y (sent from my windowless van down by the river)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I dunno man, I don't think the class update items even if given to me would help since ZOMG SUPER SPEED DEMOMEN and slowly upgrading sentries. WTF. *dead dead dead dead dead*

Woobie

Maps to add:
I think all of these maps are fairly popular so people won't be scared off by 'new' maps. Other 'fun' maps like whalerace might be ok if used correctly.

Custom 5CP:
cp_snakewater, cp_metalworks_rc4, cp_croissant_rc6​

Custom Payload:
pl_swiftwater_ugc, pl_borneo_rc2, pl_barnblitz_pro4,​

Custom KOTH:
koth_pro_viaduct_rc4, koth_ashevill_rc1, koth_arctic_b3,​

Other Suggestions:
No crits​
No damage spread​
I don't think !rtd or prophunt/VSH will be good for keeping server population but they may work if its only occasionally​
If you do want !rtd would it be possible to only have it on certain maps? Keep if off the real maps if possible​

In addition to the ones woobie suggested, I'd add:

cp_antiquity_rc1
cp_ashville_b1
cp_croissant_rc10
cp_desertion
cp_follower
cp_indulge
cp_obscure_remake_ugc_rc2
cp_prolane (it's the pro aka better version of fastlane)
cp_snakewater
cp_warmfront
dom_canalzone
koth_anthem_b3
koth_chasm_b1
koth_quarry_b2
koth_railbridge_b1
koth_watermill_final
pl_borneo_rc2
pl_boundary_final
pl_deadwood
pl_swiftwater_ugc
pl_volcanic_a20
koth_pacman

No crits and no damage spread. Prop hunt is perfectly fine. No to rtd. There are plenty of rtd servers out there as it is and people can just as easily find one of those to play on.

Also, ban players who wear clown pants.

Collete

Just wanna give a BIG SHOUT OUT and say THANKS to everyone who showed up to test the server! I think the test went pretty well, as there are some tweaks to make (as there always are) and the custom map server thing to fix.

Moving forward, I'm interested in getting some more input for the server:
  • What custom maps would you like to play on the server?
  • Are there any particular mods or plugins that you'd like to play? (Prop hunt and RTD have been mentioned I think)
  • And lastly, Random Crits: Yay or Nay?

For those of you who missed the server, it'll be up again shortly. I'm hoping, with my lousy time management skills and Real Life (tm) matters to attend to, that testing will be complete in a couple of weeks (hopefully sooner).

Remember to add it to your favorites! tf2.capthatpoint.com

--SpaceB0y (sent from my windowless van down by the river)

*We need that balloon race payload map, that was always fun.
*Prop hunt is the only thing that pops in mind.
*I don't really care about crits so...yay.

koth_brickyard2_brickyarder

I think the only way to get me to actually work on brickyarder would be to reformat my pc, install only TF2 & SDK, download some tutorials, then cut off my internet. Then out of sheer boredom I think I could find the motivation to sit down and work on it just to give me something to do.

Until then, I'll procrastinate.

Sianos

Maps to add:
I think all of these maps are fairly popular so people won't be scared off by 'new' maps. Other 'fun' maps like whalerace might be ok if used correctly.

Custom 5CP:
cp_snakewater, cp_metalworks_rc4, cp_croissant_rc6​

Custom Payload:
pl_swiftwater_ugc, pl_borneo_rc2, pl_barnblitz_pro4,​

Custom KOTH:
koth_pro_viaduct_rc4, koth_ashevill_rc1, koth_arctic_b3,​

In addition to the ones woobie suggested, I'd add:

cp_antiquity_rc1
cp_ashville_b1
cp_croissant_rc10
cp_desertion
cp_follower
cp_indulge
cp_obscure_remake_ugc_rc2
cp_prolane (it's the pro aka better version of fastlane)
cp_snakewater
cp_warmfront
dom_canalzone
koth_anthem_b3
koth_chasm_b1
koth_quarry_b2
koth_railbridge_b1
koth_watermill_final
pl_borneo_rc2
pl_boundary_final
pl_deadwood
pl_swiftwater_ugc
pl_volcanic_a20
koth_pacman

Yeah, these are pretty much all the customs I was going to suggest. Add in the GAF Suite as well, give them their own category as well (if I remember correctly, Chasm is a GAF map too).

I'd like to see all the maps of a mode, custom or not, grouped together in the nominate groups except for the GAF suite. This way we wouldn't have multiple of the same maps show up in a vote and we don't just alternate between stock -> custom -> stock on a single mode.

It'd be nice to weight the less played maps to show up more in the vote, since we'll all nominate our favorites anyways.

No one's suggested any Attack/Defend control point maps, so here's some:

Linear (Gorge Style):

cp_stoneyridge_rc1
cp_desertion_rc1
cp_zinkenite_b3a
cp_ferrum_rc1

Branching (Gravelpit Style):

cp_edifice_b4
cp_furnace_rc

Radial (Steel Style):

cp_upland_rc4

Also, there's a new version of Canalzone that's so amazing its canalzone2

As far as misc settings go:

- All-talk on
- No crits
- No random spread
- No damage spread
- Give me the power to drug myself

TheSeks

Lol, it wasn't that bad. But a buncha us hop on Pub Servers and do that to others. You should join sometimes!

Yes, yes it was.

"Oh shit, a demoman trying to take my sentry out."

*repair repair*

SUDDENLY SUSAN RUSHES AROUND TURRET AND WACKS ME TO DEATH.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Regarding certain Mods and "Fun" maps:

Those would most likely be reserved for weekends and special events only. The idea that is currently swimming around in my brain is to have a "vanilla" mode (but not true vanilla) with basic maps, along with some customs, for the Monday thru Friday sessions. Regular playing for regular times.

Then Friday, starting at around say 6pm or so, we can just Get Silly. Roll The Dice, Balloon Races, Prop Hunt and all sorts of non-standard stuff. Truly celebrate the weekend when it has arrived.

That's my thought process so far. And judging from the huge list of custom maps everyone is posting so far, I've got my work cut out for me. But keep those ideas coming!

Quick Note: Might do a second stress test tonight with custom maps, to see how long it takes everyone to get them, since yesterday it clearly wasn't working as it should have. I'll keep you all posted.

--SpaceB0y (sent from a recording studio featuring Soulja Boy)

Bluth54

Custom maps that I would enjoy seeing on the server:

Payload: Borneo, Boundary, Cashworks, Swiftwater

Payload Race: Frostfell, Panic

A/D CP: Furnace Creek, Glacier, Stonyridge, Upland, Zinkenite Valley.

CP: Croissant, Obscure, Snakewater

KotH: Arctic, Moonshine, Namicott, Quarry, Railbridge, Waste, Watermill

Personally I've never been a huge fan of pro versions of maps. I don't think that the changes are that major and I like the snow theme on maps, which they usually always remove in the pro versions.

Yeef

Quick Note: Might do a second stress test tonight with custom maps, to see how long it takes everyone to get them, since yesterday it clearly wasn't working as it should have. I'll keep you all posted.

--SpaceB0y (sent from a recording studio featuring Soulja Boy)
FYI, if you don't want to/can't use your site for fastdownload, you can use Google Drive. Or, even easier, just use the google drive I was using for The Jank.

sv_downloadurl "https://googledrive.com/host/0B2uupE4zn0WHanZ6YU9CcG9WMWs"

Bluth54

Honestly I can't believe Valve still haven't setup the TF2 workshop to support maps yet like they have with CS:GO/L4D2 and you guys still have to setup fast download.

Honestly I can't believe Valve still haven't setup the TF2 workshop to support maps yet like they have with CS:GO/L4D2 and you guys still have to setup fast download.

It has to have been in the pipeline at some point, but they just don't have the people to implement it.

Bluth54

Does it take more than 2 people to implement?

Yes. TF2 can't put it in, team too small.

No. Ain't getting it anyways.

I can't imagine the L4D2 team having more then 2 people at this point but they managed it.

But the L4D2 team seems to do a lot of workshop stuff so maybe it's actually the L4D2 and Steam Workshop team that works on L4D2.

dhonk

You guys were awesome last time with my other item, (That one got in! Woo!) so I figured Id drop a link for this one. Its a jiggly slime head replacement for Pyro, hope its not 2spooky u guys.

TheSeks

It feels good to be MVP against a bunch of class kit updates.

It feels DAMN good.

And we won the payload in a total shutout after shutting down their attack on the first round. Balled so hard the game had to scramble teams after that.

And then I got put on a team that couldn't defend or attack worth a damn.

Top Bottom