• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well it finally happened...

9EoOd.jpg

I don't remember the Shortstop being so finicky to reload? It's like the Needle Gun, with the janky reload animation that cancels reloading if you fire. I haven't played with the gun in a long time either, so maybe it just slipped my silky mind.

Sianos

They nerfed the Shortstop into oblivion and broke the reload. :(

Considering it was basically a faster firing four shot enforcer for the class that relies almost entirely on their primary weapon I thought the nerf was quite pointless and just made the Scattergun the absolute best choice.

Yeef

Lets never play this trash map.
Of course not.

But they'll be playing it in the UGC highlander bracket.

I'm sure it'll be awful.

Just build a level 3 in the small warehouse and you'll win guys. It's got large pickups hidden in the corner and only one entrance (as far as I can tell), so it should be relatively easy to lockdown.

Yeef

Teams are up: http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/?event=6

I am engineer, we're all doomed.

RED (4241.55)
Scout: dygbert
Soldier: :HIT: EmptyCanO'wupass
Pyro: Oktoberfest
Demoman: ZekeThePlumber
Heavy: Kirsten
Engineer: Oreoleo
Medic: LEO2033
Sniper: Boney
Spy: NSQuote [KSRF]

BLU (4649.59)
Scout: Doumeki Kai
Soldier: Ludwig Van Beethoven
Pyro: STEVEWINWOOD
Demoman: Joe Cutie Suzy
Heavy: Freelance
Engineer: Yeef
Medic: Professor Beef
Sniper: Blizzard
Spy: Matt[KurostenSRF]

[EDIT] The next event is also open for signups: http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/?event=7

RED (4241.55)

BLU (4649.59)

[EDIT] The next event is also open for signups: http://tf2.gafserver.com/highlander/?event=7

Interesting. Blu has 2 people I have never seen before. I would have to give the edge on Red.

Shimesaba

Interesting. Blu has 2 people I have never seen before. I would have to give the edge on Red.
Aww, that's not very nice...

That said, it will be my first time playing in a GAF highlander game (my Steam ID is Freelance, I'm playing Blu Heavy), so.. What time will it start? What maps will we play/are open for play? I want to make sure I have everything downloaded that we might be going to >>;

Aww, that's not very nice...

That said, it will be my first time playing in a GAF highlander game (my Steam ID is Freelance, I'm playing Blu Heavy), so.. What time will it start? What maps will we play/are open for play? I want to make sure I have everything downloaded that we might be going to >>;

time is usually 8pm est to set up. Maps are usually picked by players's choice. It is usually Valve maps.

Proven

UGC Highlander info:

The game time is 9:30 EST. Show up by 9pm for warm up and role call. I'll be on from 8pm messing around and trying mini-sentry spots.

GW2 BWE2 has ended so now I can sleep.

DogWelder

UGC Highlander info:

The game time is 9:30 EST. Show up by 9pm for warm up and role call. I'll be on from 8pm messing around and trying mini-sentry spots.

GW2 BWE2 has ended so now I can sleep.
Message me tomorrow and I'll give you the leader login information for ugcleague.com. It has match comms (IP address, etc.) and page for posting results and such. Match comms are going to be especially important in our "Home" weeks because we don't have a server of our own.

Kade

RED (4241.55)

BLU (4649.59)

I'm scared of Doumeki.

Hey guise, sorry 'bout the drinkin'

Don't be.

thefro

Of course not.

But they'll be playing it in the UGC highlander bracket.

I'm sure it'll be awful.

Just build a level 3 in the small warehouse and you'll win guys. It's got large pickups hidden in the corner and only one entrance (as far as I can tell), so it should be relatively easy to lockdown.

My thoughts on Canalzone is that the team for that round should include as many people who know the map as possible from playing the original (which wouldn't include me). Really easy to get lost.

UGC Highlander info:

I'll probably hop on around 8:15 for 5-10 min to give you a couple ideas on mini-sentry spots.

Blizzard

Banned
UGC highlander -- I'll try to be on tonight by 9 so we have time to role call.

GAF highlander -- I'll be there tomorrow with bells Machina's and Huntsman's on.

Sianos

I'll try to be there by 9, but I know I'll be there by 9:30. Don't worry, my body is always ready: I don't need to warm up.

On an unrelated note, 1000 hours of TF2! :O

Blizzard

Banned
I'll try to be there by 9, but I know I'll be there by 9:30. Don't worry, my body is always ready: I don't need to warm up.
I can only hope you're the secret weapon. There was that map last night where we had like 7/9 of our highlander team and got destroyed by random people not on my friends list, plus NSQuote.

Sianos

I can only hope you're the secret weapon. There was Barnblitz last night where we had like 7/9 of our highlander team and got destroyed by eleven Demomen not on my friends list, plus NSQuote.

Crossiant is one of my favorite maps and I've been doing very well on it. There's lots of great escape routes and flank routes and I know it like the back of my hand at this point. It's not a complicated map, but you guys should still play some practice lobbies to get used to it before the games start.

Get used to how it flows, all the flank routes, health and ammo spots, where you can expect attacks from, etc. And of course practice the basics of 5cp as well, such as when to push, hold, retreat, and pay attention to the staus of all teammates and enemies and both sides uber levels.

Good luck GAF, I'm sure we'll do great.

Top Bottom