• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
The other day I heard IT'S RAINING MEN on the radio, and I thought man, someone should play that song on the server. It's awesome.

Proven

Barnblitz is only a real problem on the last point. Besides that, it's pretty well done. I have a similar problem with Badwater.

Blizzard

Banned
I like the last point of badwater and feel that it's better than barnblitz. You're attacking from the high ground on badwater with an open balcony area, but for the final barnblitz point, practically all three entrances to the last point are narrow doorway chokepoints if I recall correctly.

I think upward's final point is worse as well since it's so enclosed and you have like two ways to attack it.

thefro

I think upward's final point is worse as well since it's so enclosed and you have like two ways to attack it.

There's an upper and a lower route into the last point on Upward, beyond the main path the cart is on. And you can flank around on both those.

I find Upward pretty easy to push into because I can just throw down a wrangled mini-sentry and spam that whole tunnel up to the turn. That typically means you can push the cart all the way to that final turn (as the sentries, etc are typically on the L of the cart as you're pushing it).

Yeef

The Scout and Medic Grordbort cosmetic stuff has been added to the workshop. No weapons yet though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wetaworkshop/myworkshopfiles/?appid=440

I have to admit, these two amused me:
The Futuristic 'Future Hat' of the Future
From the Dr. Grordbort's Rocketboy set comes a hat so futuristic that it makes the electric-toaster seem old fashioned!

It's sleek, it's dashing, and made with the finest pony-leather it'll feel like pure luxury atop your bonce.

and

The Scientific Science Goggles of Science
Look into the microcosmos!
Look into the future!
Look into your steam wallet and buy, buy, buy!

DogWelder

http://www.ugcleague.com/schedule_tf2h_week2.cfm

Week 2 (first match)
6/11/12

™ Team Mantrain

VS

KSRF Kirsten Super Rage Friends

They've actually played together in previous UGC tournies and went 8-5 last year so I can only assume they are a decent team.

Match is Monday June 11, 9:30 PM ET.

I have made the roster picks. If you can't make the time, let me know now.

Scout: Snacks
Demoman: Zeke
Soldier: Matt
Heavy: Blizzard
Medic: Oreoleo
Pyro: Grimm
Engineer: Proven
Sniper: Accidante
Spy: NSQuote

Map: cp_croissant_rc4

Week 2 (first match)
6/11/12

™ Team Mantrain

VS

They've actually played together in previous UGC tournies and went 8-5 last year so I can only assume they are a decent team.

fun fun! What is different between rc3 and rc4?

Week 2 (first match)
6/11/12

™ Team Mantrain

VS

that's an all-atar team right there. You guys better win.

sixghost

that's an all-atar team right there. You guys better win.
511032227_5fc26b2906_o.gif

thefro

fun fun! What is different between rc3 and rc4?

The main thing that's different is there's a slope up to the green point near mid (where before you just had to take a right to the tunnel). They also put some walls up, so it's kind of a sniper position.

Here's an overly long video with Moose and one of the guys from the winning UGC Platnium Highlander team for the last season breaking down RC4 for UGC Highlander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEqLQCrlZU

Yes, although I have to double check how to retrieve them.

The UGC rules say that the other team has to provide the Source TV demo to us if we ask (KSRF are the "away" team week one). Also they have to reserve 2 spots for us to watch on Source TV

3.9. Using Source TV

3.9.1. UGC requires the use of Source TV and all matches must be recorded. The UGC server configs will autorecord a SourceTV demo, be sure to stop recording by resetting your default config at the end of each match.

3.9.1.a. Source TV Crashes
Source TV must be recording throughout the entire round. If Source TV drops during prematch and is restarted before prematch ends, then the round need not be restarted. However, if Source TV is not in the server anytime between prematch ending and the round ending, and it is pointed out in mm1 that Source TV has dropped, the round must be restarted with Source TV running and the round will continue with the CURRENT time left and scores (give or take a minute).

3.9.1.b. Source TV Spectators
The team running Source TV is required to give the IP (and password) of the Source TV proxy to their opponents. The hoster of the proxy is also required to have at least 3 spot open, two for the other team. The proxy may be password protected to deny anyone else access except two people from the opposing clan. This rule does not mean that other spectators are prohibited, of course, but please realize that if the connection becomes overloaded, you may not use it as an excuse not to run Source TV, or to prevent your opponent's representatives from spectating. NOTE: YOUR CHAT IS RECORDED ON Source TV- Please keep your chat on Source TV respectful of your oponent. If Source TV proxy is unable to handle spectators on a clan server, all that is required is a recorded demo (1 slot). In this case, you must make a copy of the STV demo available to your opponent with 24 hours. You may change the amount of slots allowed in the Source TV in the UGC cfg's.

3.9.2. All teams are required, if requested by the opponent or an admin, to submit Source TV demos to each other or to an admin within 24 hours after the last round of the match is played.

Someday I'm going to play on the Jank again. Right now, my work schedule precludes evening play unless someone wants to go pubbing after midnight some nights.

AcciDante

All you KSRF duders, please use mics and put your best foot forward. Don't even bring your other foot. Before someone tells me I'm too much of a hardass or some shit, I'm a terrible sniper, but I'm gonna try my god damn hardest to shoot all the dudes. That's all I want. Effort and good/decent spirits.

DogWelder

Proven, Accidante and Oreoleo are the new "official" team leaders. You guys should have leader access when you log into your account at ugcleague.com. Meaning you have as much privilege as I in reporting scores and such. kthx.

Sianos

So happy I get to play for Crossiant, thank you Dougie. <3

We've got one hell of a team (in a good way), I expect a good round.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Proven, Accidante and Oreoleo are the new "official" team leaders. You guys should have leader access when you log into your account at ugcleague.com. Meaning you have as much privilege as I in reporting scores and such. kthx.

Quickshit sympathizer
Jizzmouth
Whoreleo

Good Cap'ns there.

Clydefrog

Let me know if you highlanders ever need me. I'll never be available because you jerks play games while I'm working my butt off leasing airplanes.

Top Bottom