• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

I really hope the Fall crates are for a real major update and not another shitty hat only update like the Robotic Boogaloo.

New maps, new weapons and more community maps please Valve.

good news, theres a rumour going around that TF3 will have vehicles and kill streaks!

Real talk; what I'm most worried about in the inevitable TF3 is what will happen to all the items and stuff I've spent so much money on (and many others who have spent way more than me)

Just having all the hats and weapons and work put into it not be valid in the new version depresses me.

Bluth54

Real talk; what I'm most worried about in the inevitable TF3 is what will happen to all the items and stuff I've spent so much money on (and many others who have spent way more than me)

Just having all the hats and weapons and work put into it not be valid in the new version depresses me.

It's hard to say what Valve will do for TF3. The easy thing to do would be to basically port TF2 to Source 2 with all the same maps/hats/weapons and upgraded graphics, new weapons and maps.

Of course Valve may not go the easy way out. The TF2 characters have basically become such major characters for Valve that they have basically replaced Gordon Freeman as Valve's mascot so I doubt they will just abandon them. Maybe they could set TF3 10 or 20 years after TF2 and have the classes be older versions of the characters.

Edit: Also congrats to dhonk for possibly getting an item in one of the fall crates. Hopefully you make lots of money!

Bluth54

Also just curious dhonk would you be willing to say approximately how much money you made off the Dry Gulch Gulp? And did you get a boost in sales after Valve added it to the Mann Co Store?

If not that's fine, I'm just curious to see about how much contributors made off of the summer crates.

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
MISSED CONNECTIONS:

You came to the TF2 server tonight with 6 or 7 of your friends and started clucking like chickens non-stop. Also, you made sure that all of your names had the word "chicken" in it. You then all left the server after I muted over half of you for mic spamming. Just wondering where we should go from here.

Sincerely,

--SpaceB0y (sent from the admin console)

Blizzard

Banned
Things I learned tonight:

* Happy mode makes it look like people are typing weird things in chat. I thought Doumeki was actually on medication.

* Instant kill bonus is neat.

* Rapidfire crossbow looks crazy.

* Big head looks hilarious on scout artistdude.

*edit* Spaceboy's version of Pacman is lousy!

Things I learned tonight:

* Happy mode makes it look like people are typing weird things in chat. I thought Doumeki was actually on medication.

* Instant kill bonus is neat.

* Rapidfire crossbow looks crazy.

* Big head looks hilarious on scout artistdude.

*edit* Spaceboy's version of Pacman is lousy!

What what what?

PS: There was a severe lack of tanks being spawned tonight. I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Blizzard

Banned
What what what?

PS: There was a severe lack of tanks being spawned tonight. I'm thoroughly disappointed.
there are other artists on gaf it turns out
Lol, The Artful Dodger is The Artful Dodger on Steam. What a weird thought.

Edit: I'm on your Friend's List Blizzard!
Wow, you're right. ArtistDude goes by "The Conductor" now. For some reason I thought Dodger was just his latest name change.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
So, today I learned about spycrab roulette... people bet their unusuals, go spy, and then they all disguise kit taunt until someone gets the spycrab one.

Trade servers are weird.

Collete

So, today I learned about spycrab roulette... people bet their unusuals, go spy, and then they all disguise kit taunt until someone gets the spycrab one.

Trade servers are weird.

Better question, why were you in the trade servers? <_<
Trading rarely ever gets done there!

cajunator

Banned
Lol, you've entered into the seedy underworld of trade servers....

Better question, why were you in the trade servers? <_<
Trading rarely ever gets done there!

It was nice playing with yall yesterday. Had fun. Ive never played TF2 before that but I will be playing it again! Usually FPS games give me bad headaches and shit but this one for some reason doesnt. Its just a really fun experience.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I didn't actually go into a trade server myself. Details of these bizarre rituals were delivered to me secondhand, from friends who have many more nice hats than I do.

You all should know by now that the only servers I join are Valve PLR and jumping ones. *shakes head*

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, I didn't actually go into a trade server myself. Details of these bizarre rituals were delivered to me secondhand, from friends who have many more nice hats than I do.

You all should know by now that the only servers I join are Valve PLR and jumping ones. *shakes head*
It's okay, your shameful secret is safe with us! :p

Collete

Don't worry, hun.
I
do not
believe you!
But this explains why you're offline for long periods of time.
To secretly go into these trade servers!

Pacman FEVER

Facts:
MVPs: Fatty and Machina (for hi fives)
Quote is a bird
Fatty and Zeke unite in the after life
We should definetly do this map again, Spacey.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
It's an update!

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Added the Fall 2013 Acorns Crate Key
Added the Fall 2013 Gourd Crate Key
Automated craft bots can no longer craft high-value items (i.e., hats)
Fixed Nessie's Nine Iron missing gameplay description
Fixed exploit that allowed dead players to attack living players
Fixed disguised Blue team Spies showing blue health particles over their heads when disguised as the Red team
Fixed the Sandvich meter being drawn in the HUD when the Sandvich is not equipped
Fixed a bug that would cause some players to be unable to change their active item preset
Strange Part: Kills with a Taunt Attack can now be applied to Strange Knives and Fists
Strange Part: Kills While Explosive-Jumping and Strange Part: Posthumous Kills can now be applied to The Loose Cannon

Goodbye, whip ghost. We hardly knew ye. o7

Sianos

Fixed disguised Blue team Spies showing blue health particles over their heads when disguised as the Red team

Woah, that was a bug all this time? I always assumed it was a "feature" from when they get flashed by their own team's Medic. :O

Collete

Pictures of new crate contents

Nothing in particular really stands out. This will be forever known as the beard update. Also, the demo got a pirate bandana which will hence forth be used instead as a dew rag.

I need all that pyro gear....SO MUCH STUFF I NEED.

Though I got this
467CEA143BA601F6A054AF920C4CD0AC9D8514EA

Beep boy looks a lot like Beemo, doesn't it?

Top Bottom