• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Bluth54

Congrats to dhonk for getting another item in the game.

Sadly though it's yet another disappointing cosmetic only update. If the Halloween update isn't amazing I just don't know what the TF2 team was working on all year.

Yeef

Have I said how much I hate the new server yet? Because it's pretty terrible.

It's amusing being on the other side of things. <3

Collete

Congrats to dhonk for getting another item in the game.

Sadly though it's yet another disappointing cosmetic only update. If the Halloween update isn't amazing I just don't know what the TF2 team was working on all year.

Probably big fixes on glitches like they did earlier in the year. Other than that, I'm as lost as you are!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have I said how much I hate the new server yet? Because it's pretty terrible.

It's amusing being on the other side of things. <3

I see no lies in this. The custom maps suck.

But I blame the custom map makers more than Spaceboy. We all can't be Valve's map makers.

Yeef

The custom maps are fine. I approve of all the ones that were on the Jank. Watermill is easily one of my favorite maps.

sandman64

Neo Member
oh thank you! I'm tryin'! I pale in comparison to some dudes though, guy on facepunch got like 5 items in this update? its cray cray.

Congrats Dhonk, your item is great! You're talkin about Neodement with the 5 items? Yeah man, she's got some rad skills in the item creation dept.

I'm still trying to get my item in for the Halloween thingy...

Here's a cool TF2 Halloween comic we made for the item (tell me what you guys think!):

And here's the item the comic was made for:

I hope I can have the same amount of luck as you, come Halloween, dhonk!

Congrats Dhonk, your item is great! You're talkin about Neodement with the 5 items? Yeah man, she's got some rad skills in the item creation dept.

I hope I can have the same amount of luck as you, come Halloween, dhonk!

Cool! A Second item maker in the thread, that's awesome.

I like the gumbo pot, Sandman.

Now if only somebody could make a Dikembe Mutombo Finger wag taunt so I can equip it on my pyro when I get airblast kills....

Sianos

I'm noticing a distinctive lack of general jank on the new, not-jank server. Capthatpoint has been very smooth for me.

I personally love custom maps. Its exciting to play on new ground and try new strategizes. Also keep in mind that most "official" maps are custom maps made by other players. This is why map stamps exist, to pay and incentivize mapmakers.

Bluth54

I own 2 map stamps for each custom map, even the ones I don't like.

Please add more custom maps Valve so I can buy more map stamps.

Bluth54

Aw thanks man, you too! The comic was excellent and the item as well, read the comic like 3 times now! Can't wait for the most Hallowed of Weens. :D

I agree with this. More weapons too.

Well at this point it would be nice to get any weapons this year.

I honestly don't know why people still bother making weapon models and putting them on the workshop at this point. If you make a cosmetic item at least you have a chance of it getting in the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
After 3 years of playing this game and just about 1000 hours, I finally uncrated my first Unusual Hat!

For a class that I don't play...

Anybody wants to trade an unusual Scout Hat for a unusual Heavy Hat? (Luchador Mask, Bolts effect.)

Woobie

After 3 years of playing this game and just about 1000 hours, I finally uncrated my first Unusual Hat!

For a class that I don't play...

Anybody wants to trade an unusual Scout Hat for a unusual Heavy Hat? (Luchador Mask, Bolts effect.)

What hat did you get

Sianos

Considering its actually a MISC with an unusual effect, its probably worth quite a bit. :O

EDIT: Backpack.tf lists it at ~2.4 buds, or ~44 keys. Nice!

Congrats on becoming rich, BY2K

zbWlsdb.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously, though, I'd really want to trade it for a Scout Unusual.

To be clear, my Unusual is a Large Luchador with Nuts and Bolts effect. (Level 80-something, if that changes anything.)

I think I might quit playing online games, or just once in awhile, instead of daily. My anger towards not winning just overrides me. To the point where its not going away after I game like it used to, I'm guessing its just my current (in my opinion) unsatisfactory life situation in general. The release of gaming online just throws gas on an otherwise volatile temperament currently. I've always been a poor sport, even as a kid, sure I would pretend and be nice, but all that mattered to me was winning and its never changed as I aged. I better just keep my competitor the computer. My life is going better than it ever has comparatively, graduated college, landed a decent first job, lost weight, but....this chip on my shoulder is just fucking huge now... I'd have to say tf2 pisses me off more than any online game I've ever played, and it should be the mellowest... Probably a good thing I never got into MOBAs....

Blizzard

Banned
I think I might quit playing online games, or just once in awhile, instead of daily. My anger towards not winning just overrides me. To the point where its not going away after I game like it used to, I'm guessing its just my current (in my opinion) unsatisfactory life situation in general. The release of gaming online just throws gas on an otherwise volatile temperament currently. I've always been a poor sport, even as a kid, sure I would pretend and be nice, but all that mattered to me was winning and its never changed as I aged. I better just keep my competitor the computer. My life is going better than it ever has comparatively, graduated college, landed a decent first job, lost weight, but....this chip on my shoulder is just fucking huge now... I'd have to say tf2 pisses me off more than any online game I've ever played, and it should be the mellowest... Probably a good thing I never got into MOBAs....
I have similar problems in that I like winning and put too much focus on it, and get addicted to games even if I'm not really having fun. It takes training to be able to go something like huntsman sniper and not care very much if you win, only if you annoy people on the other team.

Good luck in overcoming it, but serious warning, DO NOT try a MOBA if you're aware of having a problem of this category. They are by far the worst type of game for this.

Zombie, do what I do and don't care!

Go have fun and be a Caberman, Spy Sniper (Ambassador+DR), Sandman + Cleaver Scout, or an Xbow battle Medic. Some niche loadout and just focus on killing/annoying people. Helping with objectives along the way is a bonus.

What I do on the GAF server, lol. Win or lose, I could case less anymore.

Or just take an extended break.

Collete

Zombie, do what I do and don't care!

Go have fun and be a Caberman, Spy Sniper (Ambassador+DR), Sandman + Cleaver Scout, or an Xbow battle Medic. Some niche loadout and just focus on killing/annoying people. Helping with objectives along the way is a bonus.

What I do on the GAF server, lol. Win or lose, I could case less anymore.

Or just take an extended break.

Break = Warframe

But yeah Zombie, try not to care too much and just enjoy yourself. What artist is suggesting are fun things to do even though you lose at times, they're just fun to troll.
For instance, I was on the gibbed server with Crimson, and I told her I was battle medicing and she helped back me up. Then eventually I kept melee'ing everyone and then I was ubered as a battle medic and just trolled the Blu team. Good times. I made people so mad lol.

Is it only in team-based games or also free for all (like deathmatch)?

Sometimes I find it frustrating when your team is really crappy and you can't do much about it.

Is it only in team-based games or also free for all (like deathmatch)?

Sometimes I find it frustrating when your team is really crappy and you can't do much about it.

Team based stuff, with a good team I have fun (we win) with a bad team its like If I could be a medic, engie, pyro, all at once we might stand a chance.... lol.

I do like trolling with my Huntsman (strange one), Beggars Bazooka, and Homewrecker (which I say Halt!, Hammerzeit!, when I get a kill with it).. I must admit getting people pissed at me is more fun than winning. Its like some meta game of fucking with people. I don't stoop to racism, sexism, or homophobia, but I like playing mind games with people, and getting inside their skin (figuratively).

If i had a Strange Machina...that would be the ultimate troll....*sigh*

Spies that use DR and Spycicle are annoying though, as a pyro. its basically a stealth mode then you gotta run around looking for em. My favorite thing to say to those users is "It must be hard to walk with so many crutches..." and if they give me any lip I just point to how low my steamid is (10 years, 5 digit), how many games I own(450+), and how many friends I have(250+). Basically any quantifiable metric that makes me a "better person". That usually sets them off, then I pick them apart mentally for the rest of the round.

smug.gif

Sianos

While I too will engage in the ribbing of Spies who roll the Dead Ringer - Spycicle combo, I don't actually find it overpowered or even particularly powerful. I find the Spycicle more useful from the "silent" kills aspect then the extinguishing unless the respawn time is very long.

Especially with Spies running the Spycicle and Dead Ringer, you don't have to get the kill on them to put them out of commission. While if possible its great to eliminate a Spy, going on a wild goose chase after a fire-proof, invisible, and for now mostly harmless target is exactly what the Spy wants. Taking the Spy out of the fight for a while by forcing them to retreat, melting their knife, and using their Dead Ringer charge is practically the same as killing them. While they might still be able to be a nuisance with just their gun and Sapper, they're much less of a threat without the ability to backstab for fifteen seconds.

Basically, its more important to be vigilant for Spies at all times and deny them picks than it is to waste time chasing after a severely gimped one. After all, they could be a diversion to draw your attention away from the objective or from protecting a high value target!

Spies that use DR and Spycicle are annoying though...

A spy with those and the Enforcer is generally the worst in my opinion. At least an amby takes skill.

While I too will engage in the ribbing of Spies who roll the Dead Ringer - Spycicle combo, I don't actually find it overpowered or even particularly powerful. I find the Spycicle more useful from the "silent" kills aspect then the extinguishing unless the respawn time is very long.

Especially with Spies running the Spycicle and Dead Ringer, you don't have to get the kill on them to put them out of commission. While if possible its great to eliminate a Spy, going on a wild goose chase after a fire-proof, invisible, and for now mostly harmless target is exactly what the Spy wants. Taking the Spy out of the fight for a while by forcing them to retreat, melting their knife, and using their Dead Ringer charge is practically the same as killing them. While they might still be able to be a nuisance with just their gun and Sapper, they're much less of a threat without the ability to backstab for fifteen seconds.

Basically, its more important to be vigilant for Spies at all times and deny them picks than it is to waste time chasing after a severely gimped one. After all, they could be a diversion to draw your attention away from the objective or from protecting a high value target!

Yeah, as of late, I tend to just melt the knife, trigger deadringer, and if I get the kill cool, but I don't really chase after them anymore. It also annoys the spy more, and they're likely to lose their temper and do dumb things.

Idk as Pyro, I really don't care about getting a ton of kills lately. I tend to get a pretty great score without needing to charge out and kill everyone, and light ever'body on fire. I like being a bit smarter about how I fight lately, and the fun for me is getting those airblasts and perfecting them pyro skills.

Like I've said, we need to do "Pub Crawl" days where we all hop on mumble and play in pubs, and just generally make fun of everyone.

Side Note: Everyone should laugh at FatCat cause he doesn't know the difference between The Ancient Rome and Victorian England, also because he's not on GAF but reads our posts anyways. Lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Like I've said, we need to do "Pub Crawl" days where we all hop on mumble and play in pubs, and just generally make fun of everyone.
Some GAF people used to do this to the GAF server, and people from the GAF server still do this to other servers. In my opinion it's pretty mean since all it does it kills one server after another. It's like instead of going out and brightening someone's day, you just slightly make the lives of some random strangers worse, who were only trying to have fun. =/

Sort of like schoolyard bullying or something, updated for the modern age!

Some GAF people used to do this to the GAF server, and people from the GAF server still do this to other servers. In my opinion it's pretty mean since all it does it kills one server after another. It's like instead of going out and brightening someone's day, you just slightly make the lives of some random strangers worse, who were only trying to have fun. =/

Sort of like schoolyard bullying or something, updated for the modern age!

Blizzard took a life today.

Greaver

Banned
So how many comp playing gaffers are there?

Keen to hear who plays 6's or HL and what regions you play in

Still playing TF2 every night, not even dota can pull me out of the habit

#fortress2forever

Woobie

#fortress2forever

Lots of people played on a gaf highlander team one season, and some more on a mostly gaf highlander team for a while. There was a gaf 6s team over the summer too.

I still pretend to be good at comp
engi in highlander
ez class ez life
and med in 6s

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I played in one of the GAFlander teams, the 6s team this summer, and am currently playing Solly on an unrelated 9v9 team. Most server regulars are in North America, so we're usually just in the NA UGC divs.

So nothing super serious, but I love watching comp TF2... I pester GAF repeatedly with posts and threads about big matches/events, heh.

Collete

#fortress2forever

I haven't been competitive before, I would like to be but...
I'm kinda of lazy to find a team that would want me lol.

Top Bottom