• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Yeef

Aww, that's not very nice...

That said, it will be my first time playing in a GAF highlander game (my Steam ID is Freelance, I'm playing Blu Heavy), so.. What time will it start? What maps will we play/are open for play? I want to make sure I have everything downloaded that we might be going to >>;
We generally try to start by 8:30 Eastern time (check the Steam event to see when that is in your local time) and have people show up starting about 8 or so.

We won't be doing any custom maps this time around since the next UGC map will be Barnblitz anyway, so you don't have to download anything.

Sianos

Settings: no crits, no damage spread
Restricted Unlockables: - No Full Class Set Bonuses from Item Sets
- Summer 2012 excluded weapons:
1. The Enforcer
2. Pomson 6000
3. Phlogistinator
4. Holiday Punch
5. Bombinomicon
6. The Scout's Bootie Time and Pyro's Jingle Belt
- Summer temporarily allowed:
1. Reserve Shooter
2. Machina
Any new weapons released during the course of a season are NOT allowed, unless otherwise ok'd by Admins and Testing Group.

UGC Highlander info:

The game time is 9:30 EST. Show up by 9pm for warm up and role call. I'll be on from 8pm messing around and trying mini-sentry spots.

GW2 BWE2 has ended so now I can sleep.

k I'll be there at 9pm. Got Mumble all set up too so hopefully it'll be painless.

thefro

Soldier should definitely come packing the Disciplinary Action and use it to get the Heavy and Medic to mid fast.

Yeah, that's the one thing that needed to be improved from the practice scrimmage we had. Other team got the middle point first about every time and were all set up there by the time we arrived.

It didn't matter then since we were way better than the other team, but it definitely could matter tonight.

Oreoleo

Nice video, UGC team watch it!

Definitely worth watching, some nice tips in there for every class. I balked at the 40 min run time, but they get through the whole map in about 20.

And I can't find a download for croissant_rc4. This thread is the second result in Google when I search, and the first is a broken link from the UGC site. So if someone could help me out that would be swell.

Yeef

Team Fortress 2
- Added The Liquor Locker
- Fixed a rare case where the offensive/defensive buff particle effects could get stuck on players
- Fixed the Spy's cloak effect not working properly for The Texas Half-Pants and the Something Special For Someone Special
- Fixed the Gentle Manne's Service Medal not being drawn when equipped
- Updated some of the localization files
Brrt.

Unless there's a blog post, we've been Forkballed.

Forkball

Shattered hopes and broken dreams?

Correct. They are just trolling us at this point.
oe6JFO.jpg

Yeef

They could still do a blog post week that leads up to a big update on Thursday. There's no way they release whatever the next big update is without doing it that way.

Oreoleo

I actually tried to go online and download it from a server running it

Funny how I didn't think to do that even once over the past week despite being acutely aware I needed the new version since scrimmaging last Monday. Thanks for trying to help.

Forkball

Other new stuff found.
"Minion.Ping.Roam"
"Minion.Ping.Acquire"
"Minion.Bounce"
"Minion.Explode"
"Minion.ChargeUpStun"
"Minion.Building"
"Minion.Recognize"
"Minion.Notice"

I really wish they would stop teasing and just tell us. We've almost gone seven months without a major update.

Blizzard

Banned
I'll keep that in mind.
What's really embarrassing is I didn't realize I typed "headshop" until you quoted it. ;_;

And minions? Clearly TF2 is going to capitalize on the Super Monday Night Combat League of Legends DOTA MOBA craze! It's not like Valve has their own entry in that genre.

Oreoleo

MUMBLE STUFF, FOR UGC PEEPS

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

^Download it!

SERVER: chi.eoreality.net
PORT#: 64739

^Connect there!

SUPER SECRET STUFF, CLICK QUOTE TO READ:
From the top menu in Mumble: Server > Access Tokens > Add > "tf2" <- CASE MATTERS
If you don't do this you won't be able to join the TF2 room!

And then do other stuff so we won't have to hear you mouth breathing. You're smart people you can figure it out.

Requoting for the team tonight. I don't want to hear about the spy behind me after I've already been stabbed. USE MUMBLE! CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH!

Top Bottom