• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Fox318

AjfMrdm.jpg

Alienups

Happy Smissmas 2013!

All Players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Gift-Stuffed Stocking! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
Added community-contributed winter event items
Added the Giftapult, which can be used to launch gift items to randomly-chosen online players
Added Naughty and Nice winter keys to the Mann Co. Store
Premium Players will receive a Secret Saxton to give to another player
Item grants from previous events (including the Spirit of Giving and the Winter Holiday noise maker) have been re-enabled for all players, including those who deleted their earlier grants

Weapons

Battalion's Backup
Added +20 max HP passive for the wearer
Concheror
Added +2 health per second passive for the wearer
Crit-a-Cola
Reduced consumption penalty from +25% extra damage to +10%
Diamondback
Now also gains a critical attack on successful backstab kills
Flying Guillotine
Alt-Attack now also throws the Guillotine when active
Short Circuit
Attack sped up greatly
Ammunition cost has been lowered to 5 metal per attack
Players and Buildings are only targeted if in range and in front of attacking player
Improved visual effects
Soda Popper
Hype no longer grants mini-crits
Added Hypemode which grants up to 5 extra air jumps when active
Hypemode is triggered by Alt-Attack when hype is full
The Beggar's Bazooka has been updated to use the same taunt as The Direct Hit
Professional Killstreak Mantreads, Splendid Screen and The Chargin' Targe now generate proper effects when on a killstreak. These effects do not stack if another killstreak effect weapon is active.

Cosmetics

"Head" and "Misc" slots for player loadouts have been converted to Cosmetic slots. All items that were previously Head- or Misc-slot-specific can now be equipped in any Cosmetic slot.
Unusual effect positioning can now be adjusted for all Cosmetic-slot items
Unusual Circling Effects have been given a new origin
Unusual effects for all Cosmetic-slot items are now visible in the loadout panel and character HUD
Fixed the Wiki Cap clipping with the Demoman's head

Mann vs. Machine

Fixed being able to inspect Blue-team bots
Fixed the mission victory screen not always showing the correct information for each player
Fixed some clipping issues with the stats in the scoreboard

General

Fixed an exploit where players could move around while using a taunt to attack enemies
Fixed an exploit related to the Rocket Jumper and the Soldier's grenade taunt
Fixed killstreaks attained via healing not being considered for round-end win panel
Fixed the killstreak hud indicator position in minmode
Fixed Taunt Kills strange scores not incrementing properly for the Strange Scorch Shot
Fixed strange scores on cosmetic items sometimes failing to increment
Fixed gift-wrapped items not showing their interior item to the wrapping player in some conditions
Fixed Steam Sale items granted from Snow Globe crafting not being listable on the Steam Community Market
Improved bot navigation in cp_gorge
Improved bot navigation in pl_upward
Updated several materials to fix issues caused by mat_picmip
Updated the backpack to filter to automatically filter for valid items when using a tool

Dammit I was gonna post the update. Lol

Happy Smissmas 2013!

Soda Popper
Hype no longer grants mini-crits
Added Hypemode which grants up to 5 extra air jumps when active
Hypemode is triggered by Alt-Attack when hype is full

Holy shit. Scoot has become soo diverse with the last few patches, I can jump a million times more now.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow, I might actually use the Concheror now. Health regen would be kind of dope

Uncrated Festive Sapper and Festive Jarate. I am okay with this

If you wear the whole set, you'll never come down.

8 jumps that are all extra high.

hDCE6E17B

Nah, when it says "up to 5" they mean a max of 6 jumps in total. Wearing the Atomizer won't let you go over 6 jumps, but you no longer take health damage if you extra jump during Hype mode.

All in all, I feel like this screws with the FaN even more. I mean, the FaN was good for two things: the odd environmental kill and the extra mobility. Now the FaN only has one of them.

Collete

Opened 9 crates.
I got three festive stranges in one go: Strange Festive Crossbow, Strange Festive Blackbox, and Strange Sapper.
Now where's my unusual uncrating?

I like their process of "fix one weapon, break another one." Guess it's a good thing my spirit for this game has been dying for a while now. I might have to go outside now.

Bluth54

No new weapons or maps, the first time we haven't gotten either one of those in a Christmas update. Good job Valve.

At least they updated Dustbowl with this:
Plus the blog post says 2014 is going to be a bigger year then 2013. Maybe they're going to start another round of class updates?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Soldier backpack buffs = yes. More support Solly for all! :3

Opened 9 crates.
I got three festive stranges in one go: Strange Festive Crossbow, Strange Festive Blackbox, and Strange Sapper.

Your TF2 drop luck has been crazy as of late! :O Share pls.

how much for that sf Blackbox?

I'm not as bent on givin valve a handy under the table for their consistently mediocre updates like some of u guys sry :(

I just like the variety whether I use it or not is irrelevant but changing up playstyles is good. I suppose it does make it harder to brag about conquests of low-skill pub servers. But I appreciate the passive-aggressiveness. You have a problem with me PM me like an adult.

I just like the variety whether I use it or not is irrelevant but changing up playstyles is good. I suppose it does make it harder to brag about conquests of low-skill pub servers. But I appreciate the passive-aggressiveness. You have a problem with me PM me like an adult.

lmao. somehow having negative views on valve's updates just triggers the "lol mad"-type response. I appreciate a variety in play style. I'm glad they changed the soda popper. the jumping nonsense seems p cool. but that doesn't mean they don't do a lame job of balancing everything else. but hey wow that is insane. like who even likes balance? not me, dude.

since everyone here is so incredibly pro, feel free to direct me to a top notch pros only server. because we all know pubs are only f2p 12-year-olds whose moms installed the game for them the same day.

kenta

Has no PEINS
lmao. somehow having negative views on valve's updates just triggers the "lol mad"-type response. I appreciate a variety in play style. I'm glad they changed the soda popper. the jumping nonsense seems p cool. but that doesn't mean they don't do a lame job of balancing everything else. but hey wow that is insane. like who even likes balance? not me, dude.

since everyone here is so incredibly pro, feel free to direct me to a top notch pros only server. because we all know pubs are only f2p 12-year-olds whose moms installed the game for them the same day.
Genuine question: What balance changes would you make if you could?

Also, Artful Dodger, I feel like I recognize your name but not from here. Do you play mountainlab pretty regularly?

Nah, when it says "up to 5" they mean a max of 6 jumps in total. Wearing the Atomizer won't let you go over 6 jumps, but you no longer take health damage if you extra jump during Hype mode.

All in all, I feel like this screws with the FaN even more. I mean, the FaN was good for two things: the odd environmental kill and the extra mobility. Now the FaN only has one of them.

I wonder if Hype goes down based on time or jumping?

Also, Artful Dodger, I feel like I recognize your name but not from here. Do you play mountainlab pretty regularly?

I haven't played this month, but I've been spotted
killed
on that map alot.

Add me on steam, we'll kill people and laugh.

Opened 9 crates.

WITCHCRAFT!!!! WITCH!!!! WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!

I unboxed a Strange Festive Force-a-Nature so I got that going for me which is great.

Collete

WITCHCRAFT!!!! WITCH!!!! WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!

I unboxed a Strange Festive Force-a-Nature so I got that going for me which is great.

Lol, are you interested in buying the blackbox, zeke?
I got the strange festive sapper and strange festive black box up for sale if any of you guys are interested. Just shoot me a PM on Steam (preferably) if any of y'all are interested.

Lol, are you interested in buying the blackbox, zeke?
I got the strange festive sapper and strange festive black box up for sale if any of you guys are interested. Just shoot me a PM on Steam (preferably) if any of y'all are interested.

Do yourself a favor and make a post of tf2 outpost putting those stranges up together and ask for unusual offers just to see what you can get. Some people are willing to pay crazy prices to get the right away and those are probably the better of this year's stranges.

So I'm trying to trade with a friend on TF2 and the game is telling me I have no friends online, which is bs because I do. Has anybody had this issue before? How do I fix it?

Collete

Do yourself a favor and make a post of tf2 outpost putting those stranges up together and ask for unusual offers just to see what you can get. Some people are willing to pay crazy prices to get the right away and those are probably the better of this year's stranges.

Unfortunately by the time I could get any of these stranges on the market, they fell down to 5 keys each (besides the blackbox). So it's doubtful I'm getting any unusual.

Bluth54

Yeah my stocking stuffer didn't drop for about half an hour after I started the game. I'm guessing the item servers are having some problems today with more people playing then normal and the new update.

Brad02

Neo Member
I pulled some strings. No need to thank me.

Thanks

Unfortunately by the time I could get any of these stranges on the market, they fell down to 5 keys each (besides the blackbox). So it's doubtful I'm getting any unusual.

If it makes you feel any better, unusuals are a pain in the ass. They are hard to trade and once you have one you decide you like another hat better. Gold weapons on the other hand....are probably going to be the same way.

This update should be called the Anti-Soldier update. Shotgun got a huge indirect buff in this update since his rockets can be neutered.

The Soda Popper is pretty insane. Considering the 6 jumps you get you can pretty much dodge splash damage and force the soldier to airshot you. Furthermore you can activate the Hype in midair, so if you see a soldier aiming at your landing spot you can fly right over that rocket.

But the Short Circuit? This thing's getting nerfed faster than Red-Tape Recorder. It fires at least as fast as a flame thrower, and its sheer speed actually gives it a respectable damage output. If you have metal enemies literally CANNOT use explosives at you, and if you're near a dispenser your sentry is functionally impervious to rockets. It's like a flamethrower that automatically destroys projectiles.

thefil

Do people still play nightly on the GAF server? I used to join in, but it looks like at least tonight and for the last 24 hours it's been empty.

*edit* If not, what other servers do people play on? Looking for places where people chat.

This update should be called the Anti-Soldier update. Shotgun got a huge indirect buff in this update since his rockets can be neutered.

The Soda Popper is pretty insane. Considering the 6 jumps you get you can pretty much dodge splash damage and force the soldier to airshot you. Furthermore you can activate the Hype in midair, so if you see a soldier aiming at your landing spot you can fly right over that rocket.

I got the drop on a heavy and batted him to death with the soda popper. It was amazing.

Do people still play nightly on the GAF server? I used to join in, but it looks like at least tonight and for the last 24 hours it's been empty.

*edit* If not, what other servers do people play on? Looking for places where people chat.

Lion's Den/Gibbed/Star

Most of us are friends on steam, we usually just follow eachother onto a server. So add some of the posters on here or on the group and just follow them. That's usually the best method.

Javaman

There's some crazyness going on with the scattergun kits.

I listed my specialized kit fabricator for $15 yesterday but didn't expect it to sell since there were around 10 other listings from $2 up to around $17. I figured I should go for higher than usual (minimal price for quick turn around) since it had the team shine effect. After noticing the extra money in my account today looky what I found! What a wierd price mash up between the Spec kits and fabricator. Someone must be in the process of trying to corner the market.

qcsx97t.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anybody wants to trade their Strange Festive Huntsman or Strange Festive Eyelander for a Strange Festive Flare Gun?

Javaman

Wow, I never noticed that hovering the mouse over inventory items in the game shows how much they are selling for in the market.

Javaman

But the Short Circuit? This thing's getting nerfed faster than Red-Tape Recorder. It fires at least as fast as a flame thrower, and its sheer speed actually gives it a respectable damage output. If you have metal enemies literally CANNOT use explosives at you, and if you're near a dispenser your sentry is functionally impervious to rockets. It's like a flamethrower that automatically destroys projectiles.

Still a worse choice by far than the wrangler.

Collete

Got a spare strange festive crossbow! Yey!
Anyone want to buy?

If it makes you feel any better, unusuals are a pain in the ass. They are hard to trade and once you have one you decide you like another hat better. Gold weapons on the other hand....are probably going to be the same way.

...At least you have three unusuals, mr. money-bags.
*still chases brad with her axstinguisher*

Top Bottom