• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
Quiddler is the superior word game.
I gave that to my older brother for Christmas. It's supposed to be the "short word game" and I guess it's a game of short words, but it turned out every round consisted of "someone goes out with their very first or second hand, and then you wait 20 minutes while everyone plays their final turn."

Yeef

I gave that to my older brother for Christmas. It's supposed to be the "short word game" and I guess it's a game of short words, but it turned out every round consisted of "someone goes out with their very first or second hand, and then you wait 20 minutes while everyone plays their final turn."
Sounds like your people are bad at words!

I really like bananagrams because I know lots of shitty little words for all the goofy letters you don't know what to do with.

Have a minute timer to sort your hand or it all gets subtracted.

Collete

Heads up by the way...
I'm 99% sure I cannot participate tomorrow for Guns of Icarus. I'm still recovering from my flu.

However, if you guys still want to versus each other while figuring stuff out, by all means play a match against each other. I just won't be there most likely.

For those of you who still want to try out Guns of Icarus tomorrow and do a match against each other anyways, organize yourselves/PM each other at around 9 PM Central time and get a match going.
It's 4 people a ship/team and you're gonna be shooting at each other and what not.
Have fun if you guys do this!

Guns of Icarus is still 5 bucks a game if anyone still interested in buying it.

Guys I think I'm addicted to mountain lab send help
I've recently broken out Garry's Mod and been revisiting some of the other entries into the artpass contest that spawned both that map and Mann Manor. They made a good call with Mann Manor, but I can't help but feel there were nuch more visually appealing or aesthetically different entries present than Mountain Lab was...

Dunno how I feel about the map itself, these days, though.

Thunder Mountain is a ride at disneyland. I think someone died on it too.
On September 5, 2003, a 22-year-old man died after suffering severe blunt trauma and extensive internal bleeding in a derailment of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster that also injured 10 other riders.[13] The cause of the accident was determined to be improper maintenance.[14] Investigation reports and discovery by the victim's attorney confirmed the fatal injuries occurred when the first passenger car collided with the underside of the locomotive. The derailment was the result of a mechanical failure which occurred due to omissions during a maintenance procedure. Fasteners on the left side upstop/guide wheel on the floating axle of the locomotive were not tightened and safetied in accordance with specifications. As the train entered a tunnel the axle came loose and jammed against a brake section, causing the locomotive to become airborne and hit the ceiling of the tunnel. The locomotive then fell on top of the first passenger car, crushing the victim

Lovely.

I do like that ride, though.

Bluth54

Thunder Mountain is a fantastic map. It just takes too long.

Yeah I agree, it's a good map but it just feels like it takes forever to play.

Valve needs to stop making MvM maps and make a new payload map. A single stage payload map that doesn't take forever to play.

Sianos

Happy new year!

Why in the hell is every engie a shortcircuiting ass now? Demos and soldiers are useless classes now.

As Soldier, I like to whip them when they come in close. Not the most effective strategy, but often it'll at least take them down before I die to something else.

Proven

I've considered Demoman and Soldiers a cornerstone of TF2 so long, I didn't consider the Short Circuit could ever be a valid weapon against projectile spam.

Of course people will then turn around and complain about Heavies and Sentries and how poor the Scout is.

After occassionally unboxing things since the aspect was implemented in the game and getting nothing of value, I just got two demoman unusuals in a row. One (a FR-0) sold for $80 and the other is seated firmly on my demo's head from now on. More than makes up for the wasted keys in the past :D

After occassionally unboxing things since the aspect was implemented in the game and getting nothing of value, I just got two demoman unusuals in a row. One (a FR-0) sold for $80 and the other is seated firmly on my demo's head from now on. More than makes up for the wasted keys in the past :D

Awesome, what were the hats and effects?

Update

Added the ability to change an item's style in the class loadout menu
Fixed not being able to apply Killstreak Kits to the Sleeping Dogs promo items
Fixed Killstreak sheens for the Gunslinger and the Heavy's Fists
Fixed Killstreak counts being limited to 128 kills
Fixed projectiles not drawing correctly in old .dem files
Fixed not being able to gift wrap the Festive Sapper
Fixed the Mann vs. Machine scoreboard not always displaying values correctly
Fixed an exploit in Mann vs. Machine related to purchasing upgrades
Fixed not being able to use the Festive Crusader's Crossbow in Medieval mode
Fixed Medics seeing the incorrect string when trying to heal a target with the Escape Plan equipped
Fixed Medigun healing beams staying on when the Medic dies while healing someone
Fixed a problem that caused the Steam Holiday Sale 2013 promo items to be untradeable for some accounts
Updated Strange Wranglers to track wrangled sentry kills
Updated the Heart of Gold so name tags and description tags can be applied to it
Updated the localization files
Updated the Short Circuit:
Damage lowered
Consumes 15 metal per projectile destroyed
Can no longer fire underwater
Fixed a bug with orphaned particles

Short Circuit's reign of terror is over.

Bluth54

As a solider player I'm glad the Short Circuit was finally nerfed.

Also a new crate was added, a Strongbox crate that can't be opened yet. Possibly something for The End of the Line or Lecture Valley?

Blizzard

Banned
A moment of silence for the days of old.

Pyros without airblast, jarate rifle shots that went through medics and sentries, ambassador hits that just needed to be shot "near" enemies and would go through the starting gate.

These were the best days of our liiiiiives

Airblast came long before Jarate and Ambassador. The Ambassador also used to be useless because it dealt mini crits, which only did as much damage as a mid to close range shot from the regular revolver.

Blizzard

Banned
Airblast came long before Jarate and Ambassador. The Ambassador also used to be useless because it dealt mini crits, which only did as much damage as a mid to close range shot from the regular revolver.
I was just remembering some of the highlights, not stuff that all happened at the same time. :p

Is there any reason to use the jarate rifle anymore?

I was just remembering some of the highlights, not stuff that all happened at the same time. :p

Is there any reason to use the jarate rifle anymore?

Death from Bodyshots is the most frustrating thing ever, so if you want to wage psychological battle on your enemies...then yes, do it.
Please, don't do it.

Top Bottom