• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Loadout is fun.

1497445_812601468753630_826525780_n.jpg

That's a pretty good combo for an unusual hat. I remember a almost bought a flies unusual off a gafer for like 20 bucks or something. I bought the BMOC instead for buying someone a copy of Trine 2.

Loaded up steam and there was an update available, 6.8gb.

Hmm. It seems like my files have been moved. I pasted the files that were moved (10gb) back and now there's only a 1.8gb update. Don't know how they were moved.

Sparse

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Added new promo items (five Thief items - one Soldier helmet, four sniper items)
Fixed a client crash caused by trying to load an invalid URL
Fixed Medigun particle beams not always appearing while healing players in DirectX 8
Fixed a case where clients would hear/see crit effects when their attack was not a crit
Fixed the Carbonado Botkiller Minigun using the incorrect material for the Minigun
Fixed a Mann vs. Machine bug related to upgrades after a retry/reconnect
Updated the Unarmed Combat to add the item_type description
Updated sv_pure so client will detect corrupt or modified VPK files
- Use Steam to verify local cache to fix corrupt files
- Use the custom folder to customize the game
Item server stability:
- Improved performance when manipulating multiple items at the same time (claiming multiple item drops, etc.)
- Improved performance fetching persona names for item descriptions (gifted by, etc.)
- Improved performance generating Steam Community Market data for item tooltips

Mash

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting a constant new item notification? Click it and nothing happens, tried wiping and reinstalling Steam and TF2, no difference. I haven't had an item drop in two weeks since this started so I think it's preventing me from getting new items too. I've put a support ticket in but they're backed up so guess.

Here's a video of what's happening.

DarkKyo

I have a question about professional specialized killstreak items -- if anyone is knowledgeable on the subject.

Does the particle effect over the eyes occur/appear if...
a)only if you get a killstreak going with the weapon that the effect belongs to
b)if you get a killstreak with another item and change to the item with the effect on it(meaning the special item has to be out/in use for the effect to appear at all)
c)if you get a killstreak on any item and have any item out, as long as the special killstreak item is equipped in your loadout

Chanser

I have a question about professional specialized killstreak items -- if anyone is knowledgeable on the subject.

b)if you get a killstreak with another item and change to the item with the effect on it(meaning the special item has to be out/in use for the effect to appear at all)
c)if you get a killstreak on any item and have any item out, as long as the special killstreak item is equipped in your loadout

A - I believe.

Proven

Based on a few STAR videos I'm pretty sure it's C, because of what happens when you have two kill streak weapons in the same loadout and get kills with each. The counter in the kill feed will be weapon specific, but the total killstreak on your HUD will be the sum, and the effects you get on your character will also be based on the sum.

Blizzard

Banned
It seems like the following bugs have been around for quite a while:

* Medic uber sound getting stuck on (snd_restart can help, but some say that this screws up other things or results in some sounds being permanently disabled)

* Hats/equipment getting stuck hovering midair after someone dies

* Soldiers/heavies (not sure about other classes) having some sort of toggleable high-five glitch they can run around in while fighting, so you can't tell what direction they are looking and aiming their weapons.

Just started playing this again after ages of taking a break from it. Managed to go 2.25:1 KDR as scout. I don't think I'm playing on the right servers. What are your favorite servers? Preferably with players online that are seasoned.

Just started playing this again after ages of taking a break from it. Managed to go 2.25:1 KDR as scout. I don't think I'm playing on the right servers. What are your favorite servers? Preferably with players online that are seasoned.

I pick East Coast servers. Anything vanilla 24 man. One of my favorites is Jerma's East Coast server. Good ping, usually filled up and a couple of good custom maps thrown in there.

Chanser

It seems like the following bugs have been around for quite a while:

* Soldiers/heavies (not sure about other classes) having some sort of toggleable high-five glitch they can run around in while fighting, so you can't tell what direction they are looking and aiming their weapons.

Had that with my scout.

Collete

Hey! That KDR reminds me of how I play spy...

Servers I normally go to are usually GibbedGaming and the Lion's Den, they're usually full (the latter is Thunder Mountain happy though).
There's also Nemu's Proving Ground (or something along those lines...Just look up "Nemu" and go for the one that has payloads in the title) which is half for new players and half community. It's a weird mix there, but I enjoy that place.

Bluth54

Gary Schwartz was on the Kritzcast podcast and he says that he just recorded some new voice lines for the Heavy and will be recording new lines for the Demoman soon. He also said he had to record a lot of grunts for the heavy during the voice acting session.

I wonder if maybe Valve is having the voice actors record new lines for The End of the Line video? Maybe the grunts are because the heavy is bouncing around on the train?

Edit: Also he says that the lines he recorded for the heavy was for something the Heavy has never done before and it's going to be a lot of fun.

Gary Schwartz was on the Kritzcast podcast and he says that he just recorded some new voice lines for the Heavy and will be recording new lines for the Demoman soon. He also said he had to record a lot of grunts for the heavy during the voice acting session.

I wonder if maybe Valve is having the voice actors record new lines for The End of the Line video? Maybe the grunts are because the heavy is bouncing around on the train?

Maybe they just called him to help move furniture around the office and used the "recording Grunts" as a cover.

Top Bottom