• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Collete

:O Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

I don't even remember what I did on my 23rd birthday.

Happy birthday! I turn like 75 next month so it's okay.

I turned 23 on Thursday, and you're right. Anyways, happy birthday!

Thank you all, guys :)

I clicked that link anyways...You infected my Youtube feed with Taylor Swift.
What have you done? D:

Proven

I thought it would have been weird to give a random happy birthday, but now I can't remember for sure if I actually did play with you on Yeef's server before GW2 came out or not.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday, Collete! 23 may not be a major milestone, but I hope you got to enjoy some awesome cake and had a good birthday. :3

Spaceb0y

Neo Member
Thank you all, guys :)

I clicked that link anyways...You infected my Youtube feed with Taylor Swift.
What have you done? D:

Happy Belated Birthday! I don't read this forum enough to be aware of these things... but I hope it was a good one just the same!

--SpaceB0y (sent from a time that is neither accurate nor synced)

Via HLDS:

We're working on a mandatory update for TF2. We should have it ready soon.

-Eric

Though I don't play TF2 much anymore, the time between when an update is announced and when it actually goes live, still gives me a warm magical feeling of anticipation.

I turn 23 today...Which doesn't feel as magical as 18 or 21, but it's close enough.

Happy birthday!

Updated, I can now taunt kill with my compound bow

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. Game servers do not need to apply the update. The major changes include:
Fixed an infinite healing exploit related to loadout presets
Fixed a bug where Medics would be unable to deploy their ÜberCharge
Fixed an exploit in Mann vs. Machine mode related to purchasing upgrades for free
Fixed workshop contributors not being able to view all of their submitted items using the in-game menus
Fixed Strange versions of The Southern Hospitality not tracking sentry kills
Fixed The Fortified Compound not triggering the same taunts and voice lines as The Huntsman
Fixed not hearing the taunt sounds for The Boston Boom-Bringer and The Infernal Orchestrina on Mann vs. Machine maps
Fixed Natascha using the wrong material for the viewmodel
Fixed Killstreak sheen effects for the Flying Guillotine (style), The Bat Outta Hell (style), The Unarmed Combat, The Wrap Assassin, The Chargin’ Targe, and The Splendid Screen
Updated the equip_regions for The Sangu Sleeves, The Huntsman's Essentials, The Lucky Shot, and The Soldier's Stash
Updated The Crusader's Crossbow and The Festive Crusader's Crossbow to use the same crosshair as The Huntsman
Updated cp_dustbowl
Fixed Red team's stage 1 spawn door pushing players in the air
Fixed collision on windows, props, and rooflines
Fixed floating props
Fixed players building inside the alternate exit from the Red spawn in stage 3
Updated cp_mountainlab
Fixed exploit on rafters near control point 2
Updated ctf_2fort
Fixed collision on train-wheels prop outside Blu base
Fixed clipping on window ledges
Fixed collision on pipes in flag rooms
Fixed texture alignment on world map textures
Fixed clipping issue in the middle where Blu could stand in the sky
Updated pl_goldrush
Added nobuild area under the train tracks to prevent teleport trap near Blu spawn in stage 1
Community request:
Added convar hud_combattext_batching_window to be used with hud_combattext_batching
maximum delay between damage events in order to batch numbers
min 0.1, max 2.0, default 0.2

desh

I was looking at the liberty launcher on the wiki, and i noticed that it holds four rockets. I could have sworn, when it was first introduced, it only held three. Did they change it at some point, or am i misremembering? It's worth noting that i haven't played in over two years.

Yeef

They changed it a few months ago.

It use to have 3 rockets, shoot faster and have the same damage output.

Now it has 4 rockets, shoots faster, but does less damage per rocket.

desh

They changed it a few months ago.

It use to have 3 rockets, shoot faster and have the same damage output.

Now it has 4 rockets, shoots faster, but does less damage per rocket.
When you say it shoots faster, you mean that the rockets travel faster, and not that the rate of fire is faster, correct?

What do you think of this change? Without playing i feel this is a buff, since that extra rocket nets you more damage output even at the expense of, what is it, 25% less damage?

Edit: i guess it doesn't net you more damage output, but it is more forgiving in that missing with one of your shots isn't as high of a percentage of your total potential damage

Yeef

It's definitely a nerf.

Typically, you don't need the extra travel speed against anything except scouts and maybe pyros. The only downside to 3-rocket clips is that you can't bomb as well, but you don't typically bomb against those classes anyway.

The reduced damage is noticeable against all classes. Even with full ramp, the liberty launcher does less damage at point-blank range than the regular launcher does at mid-range.

Unlike the other launchers it doesn't really fill any niche at the moment in my opinion. When they did the big balance change, they tried to make all of the set items conform to a theme. With that in mind, i think the Launcher should have gotten bonus knockback for better juggling, which works well with the reserve shooter.

Keep in mind, I haven't played the game for any real amount of time in like 2 or 3 months.

Sianos

The Liberty Launcher does reduce rocket jump damage taken, so I suppose its meant to synergize more around the Market Gardener.

leroidys

Started playing this again recently after several months off, and it's got that disgusting moribund-game malaise that WoW had/has. Most of the servers I use to go to for some vibrant games are now completely one-sided affairs of 3 or 4 good people vs. dozens of worthless players, lots of impotent-rage, and failing attempts at trashtalking and mikespam. There's also been basically nothing added to the main game over the past year besides more goofy aesthetic shit.

Sajjaja

Started playing this again recently after several months off, and it's got that disgusting moribund-game malaise that WoW had/has. Most of the servers I use to go to for some vibrant games are now completely one-sided affairs of 3 or 4 good people vs. dozens of worthless players, lots of impotent-rage, and failing attempts at trashtalking and mikespam. There's also been basically nothing added to the main game over the past year besides more goofy aesthetic shit.

Welcome to free-2-play.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
:'( Just because I'm free to play and terrible, doesn't make me a bad person.

Proven

Didn't the last 6-9 months add a couple of community maps, two new MvM maps, a bunch of weapon rebalances, and a handful of actual new weapons across all of those updates?

I could be wrong about the new weapons, but all the other stuff are solid additions. Also, holiday events.

Bluth54

Didn't the last 6-9 months add a couple of community maps, two new MvM maps, a bunch of weapon rebalances, and a handful of actual new weapons across all of those updates?

I could be wrong about the new weapons, but all the other stuff are solid additions. Also, holiday events.

Yeah no new weapons but you are right about everything else.

Payload killed the game. I said it a million years ago but nobody would listen!

Payload is the best mode.

Now if Valve would just make Swiftwater an official payload map I could stop emailing them about it.

leroidys

Payload killed the game. I said it a million years ago but nobody would listen!

Yeah, payload really is awful. Then they had to ruin (pub play) cp with mini sentries.

No weapons as far as I know. I don't play MvM so I don't know about that. Seasonal events are just microtransaction festivals now.

I'm glad they continue to do balance patches though.

moojito

Would tf2 benefit from an xp system a la battlefield et al, where you unlock weapons etc? I doubt there are enough weapons and certainly no attachments and stuff, but I for one am a sucker for playing just one more game to get the next unlock.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Would tf2 benefit from an xp system a la battlefield et al, where you unlock weapons etc? I doubt there are enough weapons and certainly no attachments and stuff, but I for one am a sucker for playing just one more game to get the next unlock.

NO. GOD. NO. PLEASE. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

Class updates have already ruined the game, we don't need more bullshit.

Sparse

I would say no. There are a lot of games with XP systems and things to unlock already -- TF has that somewhat with the class tier achieves, though the items can be obtained from drops anyway.

Maybe you need to wait for that one drop, but it's nice to have it available (almost) from the start and have a(n, again, almost) level playing field, y'know?

Yeef

I actually do think they should add more milestones and class achievements. New players like free stuff, and it's an unobtrusive way to give them incentive to try different things early in their TF2 career.

Sparse

I actually do think they should add more milestones and class achievements. New players like free stuff, and it's an unobtrusive way to give them incentive to try different things early in their TF2 career.

I see a class milestone ending with a class hat (or all-class for completing almost all the overall milestones).

Top Bottom