• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Speaking of major updates, this may be (really) old news, but I've only just recently read it.

Remember that End of the Line SFM trailer I posted a while back? I went to check to see if there were any updates on it and found this interview.

Apparently Valve liked it so much, they've contacted the makers to make it into a large community update with supporting content. Neat!

Also, this little update video.

Come play with us.

ztvVj58.gif

Blizzard

Banned
There's not any way to turn off all pyrovision effects while you're wearing the goggles, right? Only some of them? They look cool but I don't want the effects.

Proven

Welp, they got over $100k. About $8k short of tripling last year's total of $36k. Will probably go up a bit more, but I'm done for the night. Fun.

Collete

I totally forgot about Tip of the Hats....again.
Twice I've missed it live!....Always next year. lol.

Unrelated note, Yeef wants to try and become something else other than a bear...

goats.JPG

Bluth54

New update:
Improved the Backpack UI
Added page buttons for all pages
Removed prev/next buttons
Updated the drag/drop behavior to interact with the page buttons
Strange quality items can now be placed on the Steam Community Market
Added a "Show Untradable Items" checkbox to the recipe UI.
Added the smoke effect to The Soldier's Stogie
Added the InfoShow 2014 community event medal
Added Crate #82 and Crate #83 to the drop list
Crate drop rates have been significantly lowered
Removed Crate #60, Crate #75, Crate #76 and Crate #77 from the drop list
Virtual Reality mode
The game will now start in VR mode if it is launched from Steam while Steam is running in VR mode
Updated the equip_region for the Humanitarian's Hachimaki, The Special Eyes, The Blazing Bull, Master's Yellow Belt, The Lucky Shot, and The Deadliest Duckling
Updated The Gunboats so they can be used in Medieval mode
Updated the Wrangler so Strange parts can be applied to it
Strange parts only increment if a Wrangler-controlled Sentry does the scoring
Updated Chemistry Sets
Started dropping Series 3 Chemistry Sets with an expiration date
Retroactively added Series tags to older Chemistry Sets
Fixed a client crash related to killstreak effects
Fixed seeing the incorrect cosmetic items on players when the server has been running for a long time
Fixed hats not dropping into the world when players are killed
Fixed the Jarate effect not being displayed on some cosmetic items
Fixed framerate affecting player turn rate while using the Demoman's shield charge
Fixed flashlight shadows projected on players for Linux and Mac clients
Fixed seeing the fire texture on Runner's Warm-Up and the Tiny Timber in DirectX 8
Fixed The Doe-Boy using incorrect team materials
Fixed some Strange parts not being counted properly when attached to wearable weapons like the Mantreads and Demoman's shields
Fixed Spies speaking their payload cart forward/backward response_rules lines while disguised
Fixed Mann vs. Machine Giant Heavies not playing the correct override sounds for their Miniguns
Fixed the Huntsman charge bar being misaligned

The new backpack UI is so great, it lists all of your pages at the bottom and you just hold your item over that page to automatically go to it.

In case anyone wondering...

tumblr_inline_mip16wgsnv1qz4rgp.gif

Crate #82

Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol Strangifier
Phlogistinator Strangifier
Cleaner's Carbine Strangifier
Strange Cosmetic Part: Kills
Strange Part: Full Health Kills
Strange Part: Headshot Kills
Private Eye Strangifier
Big Chief Strangifier

Crate #83

Rocket Launcher Killstreak Kit
Scattergun Killstreak Kit
Sniper Rifle Killstreak Kit
Shotgun Killstreak Kit
Ubersaw Killstreak Kit
Gloves of Running Urgently Killstreak Kit
Spy-cicle Launcher (wtf) Killstreak Kit
Axtinguisher Killstreak Kit
From Reddit.

Seriously, WTF is Spy-cicle Launcher.

Sparse

Click meh.

Looks like there's new stuffs on the way.
Let's see, what else? Oh, we're also working on a Moonbase! It's got a whole bunch of interesting new gameplay and we're pretty excited about it. We think you will be too. Here's some concept art:
moonbase_big.jpg

Last thing: taunts! We're working on a way for you guys to upload your own taunts to the Workshop, which should be a lot of fun. We're also animating some new ones ourselves that we think you're going to love. We'll leave you with a tiny preview:
engys_new_chair_looping.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Part 3 of the comic is here: http://www.teamfortress.com/tf03_cold_day_in_hell/
Also, first post, hi GAF!
Yay, new comics are always nice.

About the game itself, I started trying the Vaccinator recently and it is surprisingly a good bit of fun. I don't know if it is considered good or bad or terrible in competitive games, but for normal games it seems to work okay, and it is kind of neat that you have the various damage types to think about and switch between. I think I used the overdose with it if that's the item that gives you a speed boost. Plus the charges build so fast that it takes away most of the medic stress about building an ubercharge for 2 minutes and dying to lose all that progress.

If only there were a melee shield type, assuming bullet shield and blast shield don't include that.

Bluth54

Great comic, and nice to see the moon base concept art. I look forward to seeing the Moonbase update, hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Sibylus

Banned
Ohshi, I remember seeing space-themed TF2 concepts in like 2007. Anyone remember those, with all the space shuttle and rocket shit?

Yeef

The comic is pure fabrication. It reads like a bad fanfic. THere's nothing plausible or believable about it at all.

On the plus side, they may be hinting at bringing back the old mercs as a 3rd team. That could be pretty interesting.

Also, I wonder whatever happened to that 15 minute movie they were supposed to be working on.

Maybe those long lost Scout and Medic Dr. Grordbort sets will finally appear with the moonbase map.

Interesting new gameplay is always welcome, too!

Top Bottom