• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Blizzard

Banned
The comic is pure fabrication. It reads like a bad fanfic. THere's nothing plausible or believable about it at all.

On the plus side, they may be hinting at bringing back the old mercs as a 3rd team. That could be pretty interesting.

Also, I wonder whatever happened to that 15 minute movie they were supposed to be working on.
Just because you're unhappy about the bears doesn't mean you HAVE to be grumpy.

Bluth54

Also, I wonder whatever happened to that 15 minute movie they were supposed to be working on.

Maybe we'll get it with the Moonbase update.

With a 15 minute video I'm sure they would want to release it with a pretty major update as a cross promotion, and last year there really wasn't any major updates that fit the bill. The summer update didn't even have a name, the Two Cities Update had it's own video about the medic's MvM upgrades, the video probably wouldn't of really fit in with the Halloween update, and the Christmas update wasn't even really a major update, it was mostly just cosmetic.

It's exciting to think we have 2 confirmed updates in the works, both this one and the End of the Line update.

Bluth54

Ohshi, I remember seeing space-themed TF2 concepts in like 2007. Anyone remember those, with all the space shuttle and rocket shit?

Multiple TF2 maps have had rockets on them going back to the launch map Dustbowl.
A couple of community maps have had rockets in them, both Steel and Offblast have rockets.

Also a couple of years ago we had a lot of space themed stuff with the Pyromania update. The map Doomsday has you launching a rocket, plus we got a bunch of stuff about the monkey astronaut Poopy Joe.

Lotto

Comic 3, yes! Gonna go read it now.

That moon stuff concept art looks real interesting too, can't wait to see that update.

Edit: Comic was great as usual. Ughhhh, why do these comics trickle out so slowly, valve u tease me so much ;_;

I really hope the moonbase maps aren't just a bunch of low gravity maps which always devolve into nothing but direct hit soldiers, minisentries, and easy-mode snipers.

Collete

welcome.JPG

Welcome, Spaceb0y.
We have been expecting you.

I want to marry all of Heavy's sisters. These glorious, strong russian women. And now my otp is half-way to being canon. TF2 is surely looking up now! My hope is restored.

etJFmis.png

I really hope the moonbase maps aren't just a bunch of low gravity maps which always devolve into nothing but direct hit soldiers, minisentries, and easy-mode snipers.

I played something similar to what it looks like before, on a random server I hopped on. It was low-grav but it had a bit more going on than just empty spaces where everyone floats.

Yeef

I'm already a bear. Why would I need to be a bear in a game?

"Hey this game is cool, you get to play as a human!"

Collete

I'm already a bear. Why would I need to be a bear in a game?

"Hey this game is cool, you get to play as a human!"

But on the internet...nobody knows you're a bear. So...You have to be the bear in Dota to magnify your bear-ness.

Or if you want to play something other than a bear, be a Brewmaster

brewmaster_5080.png

Not a bear...a cat I think. But a drinking cat.

Edit: Some say he's a rat or a panda...I don't know, use your imagination.

3df41373fa0158819cf82424277fbe70_zpse106e68a.jpg

These comics get better and better each time. The one panel of Heavy's sisters imagining the teammates he brought home with him made me die...

Then maybe we'll finally get a taunt for the Jarate...
I'm almost too terrified to think of what a jarate-based taunt would turn out being...

It's overblown. If you are good at games and learning it's like 5 hours to understand then another 45 for basic matchups (which I really liked learning)

Dota's ok...Idk it combines some of my favorite parts of various games with some of my least favorite parts so I'm pretty neutral about it. If I didn't know other people playing it. I'd probably never be inclined to give it a go. It's less repetitive than Loadout at least. I'll give it that.

Blizzard

Banned
It's overblown. If you are good at games and learning it's like 5 hours to understand then another 45 for basic matchups (which I really liked learning)
One problem is if you're dumb or bad at learning or have a bad memory, like me, then you end up with a situation like League of Legends. I've played like 2000 games of that and I'm still quite bad. I feel like if I learn some general lesson about playing, I forget it within a week. =P

I'm also bad at Team Fortress 2, but I have come to like the vaccinator. Maybe Santa will bring me a strange vaccinator some day.

Oreoleo

yeah i know, i was just being a shitter. the mechanics are fairly obvious and if you've ever played a RTS before there's not really anything to be unfamiliar with.

but learning all the items and alllllllllll the heroes can take forever. i've got 75 hours in the game and still feel like i don't really know anything.

Collete

yeah i know, i was just being a shitter. the mechanics are fairly obvious and if you've ever played a RTS before there's not really anything to be unfamiliar with.

but learning all the items and alllllllllll the heroes can take forever. i've got 75 hours in the game and still feel like i don't really know anything.

Well, I think it's best when starting out to know the items that pertain to your heroes and branch out from there.
That's how I did when I started and now learning the rest of the items don't seem overwhelming any more.

As for learning all the heroes...yeah I feel your pain. What I do is just read about a hero...Kinda like night time material. It puts ya to sleep lol.

Oreoleo

Well, I think it's best when starting out to know the items that pertain to your heroes and branch out from there.
That's how I did when I started and now learning the rest of the items don't seem overwhelming any more.

As for learning all the heroes...yeah I feel your pain. What I do is just read about a hero...Kinda like night time material. It puts ya to sleep lol.

it was a lot worse when i played like two years ago and they didn't have the in-game hero build guides. now you can just sorta sleepwalk through the item buying process and don't have to worry about how to spend level up points.

goin up against heroes you arent familiar with is still a pain when you don't know their abilities but i guess that's part of the game :p

Collete

it was a lot worse when i played like two years ago and they didn't have the in-game hero build guides. now you can just sorta sleepwalk through the item buying process and don't have to worry about how to spend level up points.

goin up against heroes you arent familiar with is still a pain when you don't know their abilities but i guess that's part of the game :p

Well you still gotta be careful of like which build to pick. Because some are just awful builds to choose from. So you gotta read before hand of the items you need. So you can compromise which build is right for you from that.
That or just make your own build...Maybe the new generation of Dota players are spoiled, not sure lol.

Ah, it's a pain. But if you're with friends, it makes for a good laugh at each other dying lol. Join us some time oreo though :eek:

Oreoleo

Well you still gotta be careful of like which build to pick. Because some are just awful builds to choose from. So you gotta read before hand of the items you need. So you can compromise which build is right for you from that.
That or just make your own build...Maybe the new generation of Dota players are spoiled, not sure lol.

Ah, it's a pain. But if you're with friends, it makes for a good laugh at each other dying lol. Join us some time oreo though :eek:

invite me sometime :eek:

i hit a good groove with lich recently but ive only been playing co-op bot matches

Bluth54

Update from McVee on the End of the Line update:
82R8g.png

They are working on a new map and a couple of weapons for the update, though it sounds like the update is still a little ways out.

Edit: Also a picture from the video:

Update from McVee on the End of the Line update:
82R8g.png

They are working on a new map and a couple of weapons for the update, though it sounds like the update is still a little ways out.

Edit: Also a picture from the video:

just give me those sweet sexy maps plz and also hyped for the future orphan battles

Bluth54

I'll take that sweet sexy map too.

Hopefully it's a payload map since that's my favorite mode.
And we haven't gotten any new payload maps since Barnblitz in 2011.

Top Bottom