• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Collete

Without badges I'm not super interested, but I would try the 6's team if there's room.

On a personal note, I got a 25-key MIDI keyboard controller, which is pretty neat. But, now I feel like I'm expected to find some way to play Team Fortress 2 with it. :p

Pfft that's practically cheating. Try playing with a rockband drum kit.

Maybe I should try playing pyro with my Intuos tablet and see how that goes lol

Valve posted a new comic, it's basically a catchup/backstory of TF2 for free comic book day:
http://www.teamfortress.com/catchup/

Bumping it up for next page

I never learned to GAF. And what's a bump?

giphy.gif

Harpuia

Damn I just marathon-ed the 3 updates. WOW, after forgetting about TF2 for a while now, coming back to these updates was amazing. I've been going through a reminiscent phase about things I used to enjoy and TF2 is a sterling example of something I loved.

All the nods to some dumb trivia of the TF2 lore was heartwarming in a way. Now to wait 4-5 months for the next comic. So this is all gonna lead up to another huge update, right guys?

Damn I just marathon-ed the 3 updates. WOW, after forgetting about TF2 for a while now, coming back to these updates was amazing. I've been going through a reminiscent phase about things I used to enjoy and TF2 is a sterling example of something I loved.

All the nods to some dumb trivia of the TF2 lore was heartwarming in a way. Now to wait 4-5 months for the next comic. So this is all gonna lead up to another huge update, right guys?

Ha, in theory.
Most likely more hats.

Harpuia

Ha, in theory.
Most likely more hats.

Really putting it in perspective that the game has been building up 5 years worth of lore around a multiplayer focused game. Stuff like this really wishes that they would at least give a whack at more animated shorts, maybe go a bit longer than they've gone.

Bluth54

Valve has said the comic series is unrelated to any major updates, however we do know of 2 updates that are currently being worked on.

The first is an update called End of the Line (not an actual last update for TF2). It's a community created update by James McVee, a former animator at Bioware who created the video Practial Problems. He was creating a new train themed video for TF2 called End of the Line and Valve approached him about making a community update based on the video. McVee has said they are working on a new map and 2-3 new weapons for the update. You can watch the trailer for EotL here.

The other update is one we know Valve is working on, a Moonbase themed update which they posted about on their blog at the beginning of last month.
We don't know much about the update other then what they posted on the blog: "Oh, we're also working on a Moonbase! It's got a whole bunch of interesting new gameplay and we're pretty excited about it. We think you will be too." We also know they are planning allowing people to make taunts for the game and showed off one of the taunts they are creating, though it's unknown if that will be part of the same Moonbase update or a different one.

The moonbase concept art:

There are no public ETAs for either update, though McVee said that he and Valve recently set a tentative date for EotL to hit, so I'm guessing they are making good progress on that update. It's hard to say when the Moonbase update will hit, Valve didn't hint at a release date at all and that blog post is a little over a month old. I'm guessing the main reason they included the Moonbase in the blog post is because they wanted people to make space themed items for the update.

Blizzard

Banned
During lunch today the phrase randomly came to mind "Spy's sappin' my Sentret!"

This would be funny of course, since Sentret is a cute pokemon and I figured I should make a picture of it with a sapper. Fortunately, the internet exists for such things, since anything you can think of already exists, so I just googled it instead.

Thanks internet!

Bluth54

One of the people working on the EotL map (Y_M who made Hoodoo and did the art pass for Mann Manor) posted a picture of the work in progress EotL map on his twitter:

Kinda hard to tell from the basic picture although the map looks like it's going to be very narrow like Hoodoo was (though I imagine there will be alternate routes through some of the buildings).

Edit: Someone made a drawing of the paths the train can take.
Looks like it may be a hybrid of Payload and CP, capping points probably makes the train take the shorter path. Of course it looks like the train can also take damage/be destroyed which is different from normal Payload.

Bluth54

Also new update for TF2 today, nothing major just some minor bug fixes:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Fixed the skybox on 3rd party maps when using certain sky materials
In Hammer, while using the Vertex Tool, pressing CTRL+B will snap selected vertices to the grid
Allow about:blank in the MOTD
Marked mat_texture_list as a cheat to prevent client exploits
Removed the sv_voicecodec convar because it isn’t necessary anymore and was being used as an exploit
Updated the con_logfile convar to checking for invalid filenames
Updated the network resource download path to check for invalid filenames
Updated the plugin_load command
Servers can only load plugins if they are not running a map
Clients can only load plugins if they are not connected to a server

Team Fortress 2
Fixed a bug that would cause the Sentry’s health to look overhealed when it wasn’t
Fixed an exploit with the Red-Tape Recorder and Sentry where the Sentry could build up a large amount of health
Fixed a bug where the Spy could not place a sapper without switching weapons first
Fixed the Engineer being able to purchase the Disposable Sentry Gun upgrade in Mann vs. Machine, build a disposable Sentry, and then refund the upgrade without the Sentry being destroyed
Improved client-side critical attack prediction for rapid-fire weapons (i.e. Flamethrower, Minigun)
Updated the equip_region for the Pyromancer's Mask
Fixed the equip_region for tournament medals conflicting with other items
Added the LBTF2 Season 9 tournament medals
Updated the localization files

Tenck

Does the Gaf server still fill up? Been back at it since I wanted to backstab people again, and I remembered Gaf server was probably the only server I played on for a while.

Looks like it may be a hybrid of Payload and CP, capping points probably makes the train take the shorter path.

I totally had that exact same idea for a map a long time ago! Just too lazy to actually bring my ideas to reality.

Also, I was browsing some old folders and stumbled upon this relic from the golden age of GAF TF2:

qFt3202.jpg

Bluth54

I totally had that exact same idea for a map a long time ago! Just too lazy to actually bring my ideas to reality.

I know some other community maps have had similar features, I remember the payload map Cranetop required you to cap a point to get the payload lowered down on the track.

Top Bottom