• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

thefro

We know we won that is all that matters!

http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h_season2.cfm#10

5.5. Reporting Matches
5.5.1. WINNING Team Reports Scores
After match play is over, THE WINNING TEAM is to report the scores. This is done via the UGC website. Be careful when reporting scores, and do not report false forfiets or other results. All match reports are held for admin approval, so there will be a small delay for your after match rankings to be updated. When reporting scores, the team captain will be able to enter a match summary for others to read. This a durable record of your match, and can be fun. Please remember that these comments will be available for all to view, therfore please post sportsmanlike match summarys - THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO FILE A MATCH COMPLAINT. Address all complaints via e-mail or private messaging (forum, IRC, Steam, etc) to your division admin, which can be found by viewing the Staff page.

5.5.2 Winning clans have until TUESDAY at 12PM NOON (all time zones) to either report scores after their match or contact UGC admins about moving a match (see section 2.1.2 about Moving a Match). If the Winning clan leader has not reported by this time it is the responsibility of the LOSING clan leader to contact an admin and report the result. If a match is unreported and neither team responds to UGC admin emails/steam pm's by Tuesday 12PM (all time zones) both teams get automatic forfeit losses(default). If you have made an error in reporting the scores, please send an e-mail to the appropriate ladder administrator. If there is a dispute over the reporting, logs and demos will be required.

Sianos

We all did amazing tonight, good job GAF! <3

Things of note:

- We had a solid rollout, but their Demo just seemed to always get their first. Pushing back after mid is taken on Croissant is hard, but we managed it!
- Enemy Pyro was pretty irritating for me, pretty much acting as the dedicated spycheck and spychaser. He was persistent, chasing me cross map, but he didn't do much else. This didn't really work out for them as a team, as they could have used the airblast and damage support.
- Enemy Sniper and actually did what you are supposed to and stayed near hs team, usually being covered by the Pyro or mini. In the end I think Jarate is still much better, as if I caught him alone he had no defenses and he couldn't help his team with minicrits.
- Very happy with that backcap, Snacks and I capped right before they descended on us.
- Those last two rounds were amazing, we pushed through with 17 seconds left and then rolled the last one. Excellent Kritz by Oreo and Zeke!

Javaman

Check out my new spray

JustinBieber.jpg
Helmet hair.

I'd really like to get look at those demos once they're up. Hopefully they won't include all the time we spent dicking around before the match started and during the breaks. It's too bad the mumble chat wasn't included in it so everyone could hear how completely demoralized Oreo and Blizzard were at one point. I'm sure as hell glad we managed to turn that around, especially when they were capping our final point that round and came back to win it. Mad props to Snacks and Quote for that cap to force overtime. Seriously, that was clutch as all hell. And I have to say that last round was a thing of beauty. I'm glad I finally managed to get that little fucker demoman dead when he was trying to set up stickies inside the tunnel to the left of the point. Next time I think I'm going to need to adjust my roll out by getting an overheal from the medic at the spawn room at the start of the map before anyone can move so I can sticky jump closer to the door. That's something I'll have to start practicing anyway. That steam roll for that last round couldn't have gone any better. Props to Oreo with the timing on that kritz at the middle point so we could kill almost half their team.

I'm pwoud of you gwuys!

We all did amazing tonight, good job GAF! <3

Things of note:

- We had a solid rollout, but their Demo just seemed to always get their first. Pushing back after mid is taken on Croissant is hard, but we managed it!
- Enemy Pyro was pretty irritating for me, pretty much acting as the dedicated spycheck and spychaser. He was persistent, chasing me cross map, but he didn't do much else. This didn't really work out for them as a team, as they could have used the airblast and damage support.
- Enemy Sniper and actually did what you are supposed to and stayed near hs team, usually being covered by the Pyro or mini. In the end I think Jarate is still much better, as if I caught him alone he had no defenses and he couldn't help his team with minicrits.
- Very happy with that backcap, Snacks and I capped right before they descended on us.
- Those last two rounds were amazing, we pushed through with 17 seconds left and then rolled the last one. Excellent Kritz by Oreo and Zeke!

Wtf.

Is anyone else really uncomfortable with Quote being happy, positive, and not cursing about something? Seriously I need to go lie down.

DogWelder

Yay us! Week 2 roster will be posted once we find out next week's opponent. Don't expect any surprises, though. Those who sat out week 1, be prepared. Map will be pl_barnblitz.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Next time I think I'm going to need to adjust my roll out by getting an overheal from the medic at the spawn room at the start of the map before anyone can move so I can sticky jump closer to the door.
That's something I'll have to start practicing anyway. That steam roll for that last round couldn't have gone any better. Props to Oreo with the timing on that kritz at the middle point so we could kill almost half their team.

I'm pwoud of you gwuys!
What goddam loadout were you using.

No one messaged me about this :(

*LOL BARNBLITZ. Fucking demo playground map. I swear I've won matches 1v10 on that stupid map.

Blizzard

Banned
I may not have shot people well, but I shot people. When I timed it right and Oreo gave me critical hits (this might have happened on the final capture) I shot people even more.

If I get to play in the future maybe I will shoot people better.

Kirsten

I joined mumble just in time to hear you guys win even though I wasn't able to see it. I don't know who said it but 'I can't hit push to talk and clap at the same time' was hilarious/the cutest thing ever. Haha Good job!

I thought I merely did okay as Pyro. It's hard to find a groove as Pyro on Highlander 5CP.

So next week is Barn Blitz? sixghost you'll do well I'm sure. Bring honor to the Pyro!

Proven

I joined mumble just in time to hear you guys win even though I wasn't able to see it. I don't know who said it but 'I can't hit push to talk and clap at the same time' was hilarious/the cutest thing ever. Haha Good job!

Pretty sure it was Oreo.

I don't actually have the demo files. I friended the captain from yesterday and hope to get them from him later today. If DogWelder can get ahead of me on that it'd be appreciated, as I'll be out today and I often forget to check Steam Mobile.

DogWelder

What goddam loadout were you using.

No one messaged me about this :(

*LOL BARNBLITZ. Fucking demo playground map. I swear I've won matches 1v10 on that stupid map.
I don't have you on my list and I posted all the details in this thread. Come season 8, be ready!

If the second week players are way better, do the first week players never get to play again? ;_;

I'm not sure how week 2 players could possibly be any better than that flawless performance. Letting the other team take the lead not once, not twice, but three times is truly an infallible tactic which lured them into a sense of security. Waiting to tie it up until there were only 17 seconds left shook their nerves setting up the rapid steamroll in overtime.

This is how I would play engineer as a defender on barn blitz. Immediately go out the door on the right at spawn. This should be in the attic above the second point. Set up a dispenser and a teleporter exit. Don't bother upgrading yet. There should be a full metal crate up there to help you out. Also, don't build too close to the stairs on the right and not too far forward at the ledge.

Now head towards the first point. Set up a level 3 sentry behind the rocks near blue's spawn. Try to live as long as possible. But you are going to die. They will have an uber and this is why building at the first point is bad against a determine team.

After you respawn, they should not have capped the first point yet. Head back to your dispenser and build your nest upstairs at point two. If you have time, head back to red's second spawn and set up the teleporter entrance. Remember don't build too close to the stairs. You can easily defend this point if a demoman and a pyro stay with you. Demo gets people who try to take your stuff out from the area across from you. They can also get people coming up the stairs, especially annoying pyros. A pyro stays with you for spy checks, air blasting away projectiles, and blasting away ubers if possible. Second point is a whole lot easier to defend than the first one.

If second point falls, then don't bother going to third. Start setting up at the fourth point.

As for attacking, go gunslinger till your team gets to blue's second spawn. Then switch to jag so you can build a level three near the third point. This keeps them locked up inside the fourth area. Less of a chance for them to destroy your tele.

Oh and build order. I put down a sentry, then a dispense, and finally the teleporter exit. Get the sentry to level two, then the dispenser. Then start working on teleporter to level 3. Finish the sentry and finally the dispenser.

The trick to playloads is to make sure the attacking teams medic is constantly down. They are guaranteed one uber at the beginning. But if their medic can't build another, then it becomes really hard to push.

Oreoleo

I may not have shot people well, but I shot people. When I timed it right and Oreo gave me critical hits (this might have happened on the final capture) I shot people even more.
yup! I couldn't even see what was going on but I hit the Kritz as you were going up the stairs right by the last point. Pushing low was a great move, they never saw it coming.

Oreo says the cutest things.

Oreoleo

And I just realized the players we have left for next week are people like Fallengorn, wartime, and sixghost. Our team is so stacked!

Sianos

And I just realized the players we have left for next week are people like Fallengorn, wartime, and sixghost. Our team is so stacked!

Yeah, I think this one will be a much easier victory. Have Sixghost stick with and defend the Med/Engie, Med uber Wartime and spam stickies at things, Engie spam with the wrangler, Scout sits on cart, and everyone else focus on taking out the enemy Med, Demo, and Engie. Nice and simple.

Sianos

I'm kind of glad I don't play barnblitz. Playing offense is going to require some srrs counter sniping. Good luck, Sokatoa! :D

I'm happy I don't have to play, won't be fun trying to sneak around the wall of spam and stab someone in the clumped mess of people clustered around the sentry. D:

Alienups

Apparently I am "srs business" about next weeks highlander. Here is a highlander match on barnblitz that's kind of interesting to watch.

Ha, Cats don't eat Haggis is a UKCS team. But it seems to mostly made up out of UKCS payload regulars. I heard that they have a team competing in that but i hadn't seen them play yet. Thanks for posting this.

Also, wtf @ the machina being allowed.

Blizzard

Banned
Ha, Cats don't eat Haggis is a UKCS team. But it seems to mostly made up out of UKCS payload regulars. I heard that they have a team competing in that but i hadn't seen them play yet. Thanks for posting this.

Also, wtf @ the machina being allowed.
I'd by far prefer the machina being allowed over the spy knife that allows them to negate pyro spychecking.

And I don't think either sniper ever used it last night. I consider the loss of no-scoped shots a valid balance since you have to run so much in 5CP, unless there's some sort of hacky way that pro snipers do instant scope shots that act as noscope shots.

Have fun Scouting on Barnblitz. :U

Enjoy sitting on the cart, maybe make a spot of teas an pop in a movie?
Yeah I'll push and when we're at a standstill I'll attempt to flank and get a sniper or something I guess. Maybe call incoming flanks. I'm honestly at a loss on how not to be useless half the time. Barnblitz isn't the most scout friendly thing ever.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah I'll push and when we're at a standstill I'll attempt to flank and get a sniper or something I guess. Maybe call incoming flanks. I'm honestly at a loss on how not to be useless half the time. Barnblitz isn't the most scout friendly thing ever.
You can bonk to take sentry aggro, or bonk to get past a sentry and attempt to shoot their sniper, but yeah.

Proven

This is how I would play engineer as a defender on barn blitz. Immediately go out the door on the right at spawn. This should be in the attic above the second point. Set up a dispenser and a teleporter exit. Don't bother upgrading yet. There should be a full metal crate up there to help you out. Also, don't build too close to the stairs on the right and not too far forward at the ledge.

Now head towards the first point. Set up a level 3 sentry behind the rocks near blue's spawn. Try to live as long as possible. But you are going to die. They will have an uber and this is why building at the first point is bad against a determine team.

After you respawn, they should not have capped the first point yet. Head back to your dispenser and build your nest upstairs at point two. If you have time, head back to red's second spawn and set up the teleporter entrance. Remember don't build too close to the stairs. You can easily defend this point if a demoman and a pyro stay with you. Demo gets people who try to take your stuff out from the area across from you. They can also get people coming up the stairs, especially annoying pyros. A pyro stays with you for spy checks, air blasting away projectiles, and blasting away ubers if possible. Second point is a whole lot easier to defend than the first one.

If second point falls, then don't bother going to third. Start setting up at the fourth point.

As for attacking, go gunslinger till your team gets to blue's second spawn. Then switch to jag so you can build a level three near the third point. This keeps them locked up inside the fourth area. Less of a chance for them to destroy your tele.

Oh and build order. I put down a sentry, then a dispense, and finally the teleporter exit. Get the sentry to level two, then the dispenser. Then start working on teleporter to level 3. Finish the sentry and finally the dispenser.

The trick to playloads is to make sure the attacking teams medic is constantly down. They are guaranteed one uber at the beginning. But if their medic can't build another, then it becomes really hard to push.
Last night I was going on about point three being best to defend, but I made an error. It's point two. I wasn't even thinking about Engy strats, just general Medic and class placement. It's also a great point to run Kritz instead of Uber on the Heavy or Soldier, and a Soldier running Buff Banner does really well in that corridor.

As for Scout stuff, when you can't attack you play defense. Watch flanks, poke your head out for intel, etc. The Scout is actually a pretty good Spy checker since his speed allows him to quickly bump into enemy Spies faster. Plus you have Mad Milk now, which lights them up even when cloaked. And like other people have said, you can build up Bonk and that allows us a second uber to help with sentry pushes. Of course, the Wrangler screws this up a bunch, but it's better than nothing.

Finally, I got the demo files.
Match: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6w95tp
Log: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t73pt4

I haven't looked at it yet, but I've been told that the part of the game before the UGC config broke got corrupted. Still should leave us with a lot of footage. If someone wants to be brave and do a cast or just general recording to put up on youtube, go wild.

Edit: Also, talking some more with Team Mantrain, his guys could really use a scrim partner, and you guys are mean and suck. His team actually practices daily. I've set it up for either Thursday or Friday, whichever is better for us, at 9pm EST. I don't think I can actually make Thursday so if you play without me, be nice.

Proven

It means we probably won more because his team screwed up at the end rather than because we're the best. We're still awesome, but we can definitely improve.

Top Bottom