• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Internet countdowns are the fucking worst. Looks like we need a teaser for the teaser we're going to put up tomorrow for the update you'll see in a few weeks.

I just noticed that other blogpost where they mentioned their bad weapons, and I'm pretty sure that they implied that the Soldier will be getting a parachute.

How about some tc_hydro love valve?

As someone who started TF2 on the XBox, I gotta say I have a special place in my heart for this and all "old school" vanilla maps. Doubt we will see anything though, as I have a feeling Valve has it's collective heads in the clouds... or should I space? :D

Seriously, that countdown hub is totally a mission control center thingy. I feel it in my hat. Also, here's hoping we got another sexy comic.

Bluth54

also when is miss pauling going to be a playable character

It's not in game but according to the leaked lines for the 15 minute video that's probably coming with this update the video starts off with the Scout going on a date with Miss Pauling
and then the bread monsters break loose

Parablank

I'm way out of the loop on Team Fortress. What's the countdown clock for?

It could be either EoTL or the moonbase update or both?

In case you're out of the loop, the EoTL update originally started out as a SFM video project. Valve ended up seeing the trailer and they thought it was really well produced so they asked them if they wanted to make a community update based off EoTL, so they've been working on it since like December. It should dropping soon since the people have said the video is basically complete and they've been playtesting the maps.

The moonbase update is a little more complicated. Back in April they posted a blog post with concept art of the "moonbase" update. Two weeks ago, Valve made a blog post about new weapons for the update. Last week, Valve added bread to the game, so that every time you would teleport, there would be a random chance of bread spawning. There's a supposed ARG around that, but even I don't know what that's about. Oh yeah, and the comic series that Valve has made around TF2 has been leading towards this "moonbase" update for a pretty long time if you read everything (only need the #s).
Like how the engie and administrator are missing, subtle hints, etc

Personally leaning towards the moonbase update as the site is kind of like a rocket lunch thing

Randdalf

It could be either EoTL or the moonbase update or both?

In case you're out of the loop, the EoTL update originally started out as a SFM video project. Valve ended up seeing the trailer and they thought it was really well produced so they asked them if they wanted to make a community update based off EoTL, so they've been working on it since like December. It should dropping soon since the people have said the video is basically complete and they've been playtesting the maps.

The moonbase update is a little more complicated. Back in April they posted a blog post with concept art of the "moonbase" update. Two weeks ago, Valve made a blog post about new weapons for the update. Last week, Valve added bread to the game, so that every time you would teleport, there would be a random chance of bread spawning. There's a supposed ARG around that, but even I don't know what that's about. Oh yeah, and the comic series that Valve has made around TF2 has been leading towards this "moonbase" update for a pretty long time if you read everything (only need the #s).
Like how the engie and administrator are missing, subtle hints, etc

Personally leaning towards the moonbase update as the site is kind of like a rocket lunch thing

It's not EOTL.

The monthly-ish comics are unrelated to any updates.

It's almost definitely moonbase.

Proven

The voice is Ashley Burch, from the Gametrailers web series and in Borderlands 2. She's good. A little too good, as she sounds normal here while everyone else sounds like a bunch of eccentric characters.

Also, I already made space and reinstalled TF2 today.

Blizzard

Banned
The voice is Ashley Burch, from the Gametrailers web series and in Borderlands 2. She's good. A little too good, as she sounds normal here while everyone else sounds like a bunch of eccentric characters.

Also, I already made space and reinstalled TF2 today.
Maybe that was why she stuck out to me. I apparently haven't played any of the games she's been in, but her voice sounded oddly familiar or something.

Ms. Pauling is a cool (if homocidal) character, but I didn't think her portrayal was the best compared to the comics.

On the other hand, Soldier came across almost exactly like the comics and it was funny.

I want this:

agNsHfj.png

To become this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uRUAt3UQ8

Proven

Maybe that was why she stuck out to me. I apparently haven't played any of the games she's been in, but her voice sounded oddly familiar or something.

Ms. Pauling is a cool (if homocidal) character, but I didn't think her portrayal was the best compared to the comics.

On the other hand, Soldier came across almost exactly like the comics and it was funny.

I honestly don't see Pauling as homicidal. At least, she's less homicidal than the other mercenaries. She's just the dirty job doer, and it's normalized for her. She doesn't get any real pleasure from killing but is willing to do all the damn jobs the Announcer thrusts at her without going crazy or becoming a complete sociopath like most of the mercs.

yeah she didn't quite feel like comic Miss Pauling but was still pretty neato. every Miss Pauling is an acceptable Miss Pauling. otp is now full canon yeehaw time to finish all my fanfictions

Proven

Using your one day off to haul around gibs packed into garbage bags seems a little crazy to me, dunno.

She's disposing them. Unfortunately it required some over time. Same with the briefcase buzzer. If anything she's an over worker.

yeah she didn't quite feel like comic Miss Pauling but was still pretty neato. every Miss Pauling is an acceptable Miss Pauling. otp is now full canon yeehaw time to finish all my fanfictions

Agreed. She had elements of ditzyness whereas the Miss P. in the comics is more serious/focused on the mission. Still, loved the video and totally excited for what these next days bring on. I'll be riding a conga line til the end of this update.

Lotto

Just played a few hours of TF2 tonight (Payload mostly) to get ready for the upcoming update. I haven't played since gee, the first MvM update? Still topping the scoreboard with Soldier is pretty satisfying although I didn't feel like my team was really playing as a team at times. Spies still as annoying as I remember!

I needed a major update to get me back in the game, they've been the best part of this game for me. Only reason I quit was because of other games, but this should get me back in.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So do we expect this to go live tomorrow or friday?

Just curious cause I've been itching to play some TF2 but I work tomorrow evening and dont want to miss out on TF2 shenanigans with you lot since I haven't played with TF2-GAF in a good 2+ years now I think.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That new Rocket Launcher sounds interesting. And the new Scattergun too.

... Right after I finally get my Strange Pro Scattergun...

EDIT: Updates normally go lives on Thursdays, no?

Collete

tide.JPG

I can hear Quote yelling for joy as he sees the Tide Turner is up now :p

There's also already fan art of the bread update from one of my favorite artists:

tumblr_n7cto1th4p1rzyhgzo1_500.jpg

Don't think he should be feeding it, but it's Pyro logic to keep feeding it.

Bluth54

So do we expect this to go live tomorrow or friday?

Just curious cause I've been itching to play some TF2 but I work tomorrow evening and dont want to miss out on TF2 shenanigans with you lot since I haven't played with TF2-GAF in a good 2+ years now I think.

Valve hasn't said how many days the update is. You wouldn't think they would be stupid enough to have the update go live during the start of the Steam summer sale since the content servers can usually barely handle that but you never know.

Sianos

tf2 team, i just want to say that i forgive you for everything

yes, even the time you nerfed my beloved bazooka

All of these weapons look excellent! I'm looking forward especially to trying the new shield (of course) and the parachute - judging by the description it slows your descent, but not your horizontal momentum... might this be the return of a certain combo?

Top Bottom